Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Double brushless questions

About to pull the trigger on this but I have questions.

First off, I don't see a kit that has both, but both kits come with an external ESC to be added to the heli. When using both the motors are both ESC's required or is there a way to use only one of them?

Also, I see there's an option to buy a wire to flash the ESC... Why would I want to flash it? Would it be to use it in another application for another heli, or are there any changes I could do to my nano using this? I'm a software engineer so I suppose I could toy with it if there was a reason to, I'm just wondering what exactly the ESC does vs the motor.

Finally, going double brushless will probably eat batteries.. Should I look into upgrading my battery lot for this? I still run the stock 25c's that came with it...
xsinx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will need one BL ESC for each BL motor. There are dual esc boards, but none tiny enough for the nano.

The ESCs do not come from the factory with helicopter firmware. They must have custom heli firmware installed. Most mod shops will ship them with BLHELI code on them. If you want the newest firmware, you will want to flash it. There are different governor modes with BLheli, and you will want it in GOV ARM if you have a computer Tx. You will need the tail version of the firmware for the tail ESC.

For batteries, your 25 will not be enough. If you are getting a mild main motor (for which a BL tail is certainly not needed), you can use eflite 45c or my personal favorite, Hyperion 180s. For a hot motor on a double BL, most use mcpx batteries (higher current plug, 200-250mah) with modified landing gear/battery mount.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Slight correction. There are ESC's that come from a manufacturer like Oversky that are already flashed with the BLHeli code for helis. Flashing plug and all. It is an old code and the governor is turned off. Those are typically p-n-p kits.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

definitely ditch the 25C stock capacity batteries. At a minimum, bump yourself up to the 45C batteries (or the oversky 200mah batts). If you go double BL (with Wild main), you will very likely need more power than that. See Code3medic recommendation.
Blade CX2 stock, & DX8, +some quads + small fixed wings
Guapo131 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2014, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Each motor will need an esc. Forget the dual esc's and pnp kits as they are heavy and impractical.

Got for xp3A esc for both motors use the 3 pin plug that comes with them to solder to the programming points on the board. You will find all this info on this forum.

Yes you will need better batteries I've been really happy with intellect 240 batteries for over a year now still going good. Hyperion 240's are also good. Both will need skid adapters to fit the skids. Astroid designs do a good one for the Hyperion 240's and HeliFreak user pjacq makes a good one for the intellect 240's.

I've bought motors and frame mods from both AD and pjacq both are excellent and have their pros and cons. I've also bought the esc and motors from them. You can also get the esc from hobby king and the motors direct from oversky but the price is the same maybe HK is cheaper on the esc but then you definitely need to solder a flash plug and get the latest BLHeli software to program them which is needed for them to work with the nano cpx. I'd recommend the 16600kv for the main and the hpo2 for the tail. The kits from AD and pjacq make it really easy so that's your best choice. I'd still get the flash tool and solder onto the esc to keep the BLHeli up to date. It's always being upgraded...

I'd also recommend staying with the stock frame and keeping it as light as possible. For a double BL your going to need the RRC tail prop it's 65mm everything else I've tried has a TBO. Not tried the new lynx 47mm hope it works as these big props look silly! But they work great and hold solid!

Like I say you will find everything you need here on HF I know as I have a dbl BL and a single BL nano and.... More and more lol
Old 02-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you use the mcpx batteries you can order the extreme carbon fiber skidz with the tail boom. They come un assembled with the battery compartment for both sizes. Just FYI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
TrAuMaChAsER is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in