Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got it working and my NX4 start showing his power.....thank thank you guys
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm still having problems with mine. Messed around with gov yesterday at the field and I just seem like I can't get it setup. I adjusted the percentage numbers in the program while connected to my computer and adjusted to the headspeeds I would like but still doesn't work. I'm thiking my problem is the percentage I have in the radio. Anyone have pics of the screens of a dx7 so i can maybe see where I might ser my numbers to start with? What kind of throttle curve should I have to start with and while flying?
mini73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mini. Are you using the OLD, original DX7 based on the JR 7202 radio, or the new, all Spektrum DX7S transmitter?

You are using the 3GX FBL controller, and I assume you are now using the governor built into the 3GX, not the separate unit you were initially contemplating. And with the 3GX system, are you using Spektrum satellites as your receivers, or are you using a full-up standard receiver connected to the 3GX as your receiver?

Making the world better, one helicopter at a time. Team Heliproz
dksia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using the first spectrum dx7 that came out. Not the s version. I am also just using one sat and no receiver. Using the gov that is in the 3gx. I have updated it to the latest software. I use the 3gx on my other helis but this is the first one I am using the gov on. I normally run flat throttle curves so I know this might be one of my problems also.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since you are using a 3GX FBL controller with a satellite receiver, and you wish to use the built-in governor, you MUST control your tail Gyro using channel 7 (AUX 2), and you MUST control the Governor function using Channel 5 (the gear channel). This is the ONLY way it will work. You cannot reassign the channels, or the functions. Gear channel MUST control governor, AUX 2 MUST control gyro.

Your DX7 will DEFAULT when using the Gyro Sense menu, to controlling the gyro using channel 7/Aux 2 -- that is good.

Unfortunately for you, you're then stuck with using channel 5 to control the governor and your transmitter doesn't really support a governor at all, at least directly. Since you use channel 5, at this point, you would have two RPM settings, each set by one of the two GEAR Channel travel endpoint numbers. That's it.

You MAY be able to use one of your available MIXES and set it up to run the governor through the gear channel, and MAYBE slave it to the Flight Mode switch if you're lucky.

I'd have to look into that, however. I don't have the solution at my finger tips.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

The old DX7 WILL allow you to assign the Gyro Sense menu to run out of channel 5. That would allow you to slave the RPM settings to the flight mode switch and you would use the Gyro Sense set to AUTO mode and the values in that menu to control the governor. A bit confusing, using the Gyro Settings menu to run the Governor. But then the problem you run into is that you need to get something else to run the Gyro Gain out of channel 7. This again requires some creative switch assignment and perhaps some mixing to accomplish.

Bottom line however is you MUST control the governor from channel 5, and the Gyro from channel 7.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

BTW -- flat throttle curves work fine for electrics. Not so good for nitros. You can go to the Gaui site and download THEIR governor manual, and it gives you some good starting points for V-curves for throttle.

A flat curve won't stop the governor from working, it will just be kind of useless should the governor croak. In that case, it could lead to overspeeding your motor and perhaps breaking the con rod.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksia View Post
The old DX7 WILL allow you to assign the Gyro Sense menu to run out of channel 5. That would allow you to slave the RPM settings to the flight mode switch and you would use the Gyro Sense set to AUTO mode and the values in that menu to control the governor. A bit confusing, using the Gyro Settings menu to run the Governor. But then the problem you run into is that you need to get something else to run the Gyro Gain out of channel 7. This again requires some creative switch assignment and perhaps some mixing to accomplish.

Bottom line however is you MUST control the governor from channel 5, and the Gyro from channel 7.
Sorry been busy with other things. I have already in my radio Aux2/ and Gear/Gear. I know I will have to use some of the mixes to use the gov when I go into flight mode 1 and 2. Im using the Gear switch to turn the gov on and off and Mix 1 and mis 2 but just do not know what numbers to put in to hold the head speed or where to change it in the radio. I have tried using the 3gx program to get the head speed where it should be in each flight mode but when I tried it in the air it was not right and the gov did not maintain the head speed. Im not sure if I change the numbers in the program mixes or if I need to go into the travel adjust for gear channel? Im confused as hell!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try this:

PROGRAMMING THE DX7

1. Go to the master menu. (Press down+select and power ON)

2. Scroll to Input Selct menu and set GEAR to INH.

3. Turn the radioOFF and then back ON.

4. Go to the programming menu. (Press down+select)
5. Scroll to PROG.MIX1 menu. We are going to setup here the desired head speed for NORMAL mode. Set it to make it look like this:GEAR --> GEAR ON -- if this says OFF, your flight mode switch is not in the NORMAL position.

RATE: +80% --- vary this number to set NORMAL mode head speed (80 is an example)

0% Offset.

SW: F-NR --- slaves this setting to Flight Mode Switch Normal mode position.

OFFSET: 0

You set the RATE % based on the head speed you want for NORMAL mode.

6. Scoll to PROG.MIX2 menu. This step will set the desired head speed for IDLE up 1 mode.

Set it to make it look like this: GEAR --> GEAR ON -- if this says OFF, your flight mode switch is not in IDLE up 1 position.

Rate +90% -- this value sets the Idle up 1 head speed (90 is only an example value).

0% -- offset

SW: F-S12 Slaves this position to the Flight mode switch middle position.

Set the RATE% number to set the head speed you want for IDLE up 1.

7. Scroll to PROG.MIX3 menu. This step will set the head speed for IDLE up 2.

Set it to make it look like this: GEAR --> GEAR ON -- if this says OFF, your flight mode switch is not in IDLE up 2.

RATE: +10% -- this value will set the IDLE up 2 speed, but acts differently than what you would set for the other two mix settings. See below.

0% offset

SW: F-S2 This slaves this mix to the Flight Mode Switch, position 2.

NOTE: IDLE2 uses the base number set in the IDLE up 1 mix setting and add its own value to that number. If you have 90% dialed into your IDLE up 1 mix, and set this value to 10, the resulting value will be 100%. If your IDLE up 1 value is set to 75, if you set this value to 10, the actual setting will be 75 + 10 = 85.

8. Exit programming menu and verify that when you flick the GEAR switch on your radio, you can turn the governor on and off. Take note which way your switch turns the GOV ON/OFF. If necessary, you can reverse the operation by reversing the GEAR in the radio channel reversing menu.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in