Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50 > Titan X50

Titan X50 Thunder Tiger Titan X50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Show your X50 photos to win a Raptor E720 FL

I just saw the news from TT's Fanspage. Mmmm... Finally TT is willing to interact with customers. The X50 photo contest starts from Jun 1 and ends on Jun 30. They use the third party app (Wildfire) to hold the contest, so I hope they will not cheat us or have some internal candidates. For me, the prize is really attractive.... Raptor E720 FL. The price tag on Towerhobbies is $999. I wanna have a try... but the problem is I have no X50 on hand. Sad!!! Should I buy one now? Is X50 Torque Tube worthwhile buying? Thanks
Raptorial is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

the X50 is a sweet machine. super light and fully functional to extreme limits!! couple it with a OS55 or YS56 and youve got a beast on your hands!! as far as TT or belt. its a personal choice. Ill def be entering the contest but im unsure of the sort of picture i want to do. i have a friend that does photography so maybe ill get some help. GL John
Old 05-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

As for the comp, IMO it's utter BS, as it totally ignores all the loyal clients that have stood by them for years and just targets those who are into the 'latest trends'.
It's amazing how they forget that if it was not for those who brought and stood by with the Raptor's, that they would not have a bl@@dy business to allow for the X50's existence to begin with!
kiwibob72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

this is true
Old 05-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1
guitarherowanab is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2011, 02:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have been flying the E620SE for a long time now and love it. TT should have allowed the older Eseries to be included. It makes sense that you compete with an old E series heli to win a new one

I am however disappointed at TT for doing this just to promote the X50. Its a nice machine and I love it (have flown my friend's X50), however all this is a bit unjust
RAZOR.86 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

i completly agree, just had a great flight on my raptor v2 converted to titan converted to fbl last night and some of the parts are 5 years old. ive held out on the align craze simply because i like the tt quality and i guess i just havent givin in to the massive sheep movement over to align witch is doing a great job of taking over the industry. so when tt finaly came up with these new models i was stoked thinking cool i get all the latest designs and i still get to fly a tt, currently waiting for the x50 tt fbl version. and now tt is basically rewarding people who just jumped on the tt band wagon. wheres the love for the guys that have been standing up for our plastic helis and doing what we can with mods to make em hang with the new school machines for the last few years !!! kinda makes me wanna go by a 600 le or the new 600 e pro that was designed and released after the x50e pics where out on the web and we still havent event evan seen one fly yet.
jonnywoods is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

It'd be great if any and all who read this link would post their views re TT totally ignoring their loyal patronage for all these years and just rewarding those who are the fly by nighters with the X50's (no pun intended) - would then be justified pasting a link in their FB page to prove their ignorance isn't appreciated. (To the OP, sorry to highjack your thread)
Old 05-22-2011, 01:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1

I think I will comment on the competition page when its up as well as the thunder tiger page. And just for fun im going to submit a photo of my FBL Titan and label it "home made x50" that will stir the pot. I think everyone that feels entitled to be in the photo comp and has been a loyal TT customer should do the same thing haha just submit your raptor pics no matter how old the machine is.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

LOL It's funny that I should read this thread just after I commented on the Thunder Tiger FB page!
Speak up now on FB, or forever be neglected!!!
Ely.Q Vision 50
NitroAl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

nitro al i pm'd you about fbl raptors.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

sorry im posting so much guys, i just put my thoughts on thunder tigers page too everyone should. maybe the competition should be who has the nicest pair of original wooden blades from there original raptor kit, that would show loyalty
Old 05-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Buying a X50 .. to maybe get a 720 ?

Hello,

So, I should buy a X50 .. take some pics .. and just to (maybe) win a 720 ?

Where there's smoke .. there's some fire .. I would buy a Titan SE ten times before getting a ThunderTiger me-too into-the-bling bird

Thanks to the X50 the Raptor 50 Titan SE is available at a very attractive price for everybody that want a very true, very simple to set-up and no-worry-to-fly (and out-fly) bird
People really into core-marketing are smart guys, we call them strategic-performers .. but people just trying to push sales by funny activities as this one are pretty thumb .. sorry for this, but it is pretty thumb .. just common sense ..

There's no such thing as a free lunch .. or as in a German proverb "every morning some stupid peoples wake up .. " ..

ALIGN still has the main share, but tomorrow others will take over just to have a more balanced competition .. Outrage currently is up trying, respectably but the best selling-pilots won't do if you can't solve your quality/ design issues .. and ELY.Q is the next to jump in, this guys I trust to take customers more seriously than Outrage is doing and therefore being in a better position for the long-run ? Some others will show up to, some Chinese products being good and fair priced, just still lacking professional marketing ..

Best Regards,
Oliver
Raptor30_V1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011, 12:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

WELL F@#K ME!!!! .... TT might have listened to us after all, latest on their facebook site:

"Thunder TigerThanks for many comments from our loyal customers. The X50 photo contest is our first online campaign organized by TT, and we still need to improve VERY MUCH in planning. Really sorry for that. However, it's not the ONLY activity, so I would like to consult our loyal customers, what kind of activity you like for the next one?"

I guess it is up to us all to advise them on the error of their ways now and get them to do things RIGHT from now on .....
Old 05-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

haha yeh i mean after all when you read the comment i would be embarrassed if i was thunder tiger and getting all the posts on there and maybe they see this on here too. i think the video i posted about the kids and the ice cream is perfect and really gets the point across hopefully you've all see it.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh and does is not seem like after they replied they basically flooded there page with new posts and kinda pushed the story way down on the page so people wont see it?
Old 05-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Simple, just keep adding to it to keep it at the top!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default bogus contest!

so I looked at the thunder tiger page and they have about 14 photos so far haha i guess they dont have to narrow it down to the top 20 yet. and then i read on there facebook wall a guy asked thunder tiger if he cld submit photos of tom rolifson and collin bells x50's and thunder tiger replies with "ya sure if you get there permission" so apparently we can all just submit photos of other peoples x50s, we dont evan have to own a helicopter at all. this contest is total bs the new trex 600 E Pro looks rad $1000.00 just ad reciver. ive been waiting for an affordable fbl heli from thunder tiger for a couple years now and dosent look like its comming till the end of summer i wanna fly something new now!!! thunder tiger is just dissapointing
Old 06-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guess we should all stick pics of others X50's in the comp then ..... as if that all it takes, so far there is a much better chance than winning the lotto that's for sure!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:13 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK lads .... TT are trying to see just how many of us with raptors want them to support us in another comp over just the trendy wannabies who have jumped on board with them since the introduction of the new Titans ..... guess if we want them to show some love to us in the future, it's all up to get all over their Facebook page and let them know!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in