Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 07:36 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats easy enough,

All the details about the KK controller can be found at kkmulticopter.com and if you want to buy one then have a look in the classified section of the web site, or go to kkmulticopter.kr. The boards can be purchased in various "flavours" depending on how much you want to buuld it yourself.

For the FY-20A the ww.fyetech.com.

Mike.
Coburg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Checking for vibrations

I’ve tried to dynamically balance my props (TGY 11x4.7 on DT-750 motors) and wonted to check how much vibes my tri has, before I decide how to mount my HD cam, so I did a quick and dirty downlink setup: I simply attached a canopy from my FunJet (which has a complete video setup build into it) straight to the battery using couple of rubber bands. No additional vibration dampening materials or anything was used to mount the camera.
After balancing my props dynamically I was able to dial 100% gain on my HK-401 gyros in rate mode, but I still can see some vibrations in video:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVNDk_WepHo[/ame]
Next I’m going to try some props with less pitch, or, maybe, APC props, and also to use prop adaptors instead just locknuts to eliminate the use of the shaft adaptors.
Any other suggestions?

Ro
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9086.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	186113   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9090.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	186114   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4357sm.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	186115   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4359sm.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	186116  
pepelatz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Happy Halloween!

[ame]http://www.vimeo.com/16335945[/ame]

Ro
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4366.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	187778   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4364.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	187779   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040489.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	187780   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040471.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	187781  
Old 11-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats the best way yet I've seen to got over the orientation problems of a Tircopter.

Nice job Ro

Mike.
Coburg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey crash9. Did you get all your orders caught up? You just shipped me an go pro camera mount. I've been eyeing your tricopter for a while too. Any word on when you will have enough parts in for whole frame/electronic version ready? I'm itching to try and put one together. Thanx
Old 11-21-2010, 07:59 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

@pepelatz - that video is gold! Well done.. made me laugh
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FPV Tricopter in Clouds

Here is my first try in FPV flying on a Tricopter, where suprisengly I found myself inside of the clouds (well, almost ) Hey, tell you the truth? There was really not much to see up there See for yourself:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPc9a3I_JmE[/ame]
Old 05-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

pepelatz,
Enjoyed the video and for someone who has not yet taken his first FPV I'd say that was outstanding. Were you flying by land marks?
Hirobo Shuttle, srb. Trex 450se V2, GY401, S9257, hs-65mg servos, 430XL Motor, 11v 2100mah, 325 cb Futaba 7cap Tx, RealFlight G-4.5, T-rex 500, 6sKP2600,GY401,9257, HC 3D, mCX,(2) HK 450's, telebee gyro, hxt900 cyclic.
maxout is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you, maxout,
I have no problems with orientation flying in that park, I fly FPV planes over there for a long time.
Here is new adventure of my 6061 tricopter: This time it gets into real trouble,, ending in crash
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v21wxtu-rQw[/ame]

Last edited by pepelatz; 05-11-2011 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: fixed link to video
Old 05-30-2011, 04:36 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys, just wanted to post a qucik reply. I've received by FPVPilot.com 6061 Tricopter complete kit, and so far I'm very impressed. So far I've only dummied up the airframe, but I want to reassemble it with locktite before and blades start turning.

I will post some pics and vids as things progress.

Now, I hope this doesnt steal the thread...

My goal is FPV + AP/V.

I've got to make some decision now about FPV gear. I do know that I must have all the bells and whistles; OSD, GPS, tracking antenna, etc.

My current RC gear has been siting around unused for a little while, looking for a spark like FPV to get me back into it. This means that my TX/RX are all 36MHz FM still... so I think it would be a good start to put a 2.4GHz TX module in my JR 2610, as I beleive it is still a good TX compared to the cheaper 2.4GHz offerings on the market

I'm pretty certain I want a GoPro HD Cam... I though until today that I would also need a second cam for FPV, but have been told that there is sutiable composite out on the GoPro(?)

I'm in Aus, if anyone has any recomendations on Video TX/RX, and OSD/GPS/Antenna Tracking I'd be interested in hearing them.
bernieL0max is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in