Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Lama V3/V4 and Kob

Lama V3/V4 and Kob E-Sky Lama V3 and V4 and Kob

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nice work, thanks
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2010, 04:54 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

am i right in saying the lama and the hunter use the same parts? where do you buy the Extreme parts from do u have a site for them? is it worth upgrading my hunter my dad wants to use it to learn to fly on
InHumanForm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 11:12 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InHumanForm View Post
am i right in saying the lama and the hunter use the same parts? where do you buy the Extreme parts from do u have a site for them? is it worth upgrading my hunter my dad wants to use it to learn to fly on
I don't have a Hunter, but most of the Esky helis use a V4 frame and the battery holders are different depending on the landing gear used.

When ever I'm buying Esky parts I check here first -

http://stores.ebay.com/Gadgets-and-C...-Canada?_rdc=1

He's a great guy and his shipping is fantastic.

If he doesn't have the Extreme parts I'm looking for, then I use

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/

They normally have all the Extreme parts in stock. I have used both of these sellers many times and I have always been pleased with them.

If your Dad is going to learn to fly with your Hunter, I wouldn't upgrade any of the parts.

When learning to fly, parts are going to get broken, and I just don't see any sense in breaking more expensive parts.

After a lot of experience, and many, many co-axials of all kinds, I have come to believe that the main purpose of adding upgrades is to enjoy working on your heli.

If you want to fly harder, faster, and do more maneuvering, you would be money ahead to buy a CP or a fixed pitch heli. The E-flite mSR, for example, is a great step up from a co-axial.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLH3000

It's very tempting to put all kinds of upgrades on your co-axial, and that's great if you like tinking on your helis. However a co-axial is never going to be capable of the manuevers a fixed pitch or a collective pitch heli can perform.

If you are going to upgrade your co-axial, the first thing I would recommend is the addition of Extreme blades. They do make a big difference in flight.

The second thing I would recommend are the Extreme motors. Combined with Extreme blades the co-axial becomes more responsive and helps advance your piloting skill.

From there I would go with an extended inner shaft.

After those three items, the rest of the upgrades available make the heli look great, but you won't notice any increase in flight performance from them.
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2010, 09:36 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jack. I have the new Esky LAMA V4 II Co-Axile 2.4 Edition. The orange one! Nicer than I expected. My 10 year old granddaughter stood in front of me and I had my thumb on right stick. She thumbed the left and done a good job bringing the copter up to eye level and land. I kinda wish now I would've gone with a smaller copter. Been thinking about getting the E-fllite blade mcx to take home with her. Seems more simple, durable, safer for a 10 year old. My question to you is what extra batteries would you get for the Esky lama? Comes with 7.4 800mah 2-cell. I'd (or I should say WE) want longer flight times.
lannny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #45 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I placed an order with Miracle-Mart. Their website said 6 - 7 days shipping to Minnesota, USA. It's been 9 days. How long does it usually take to ship to the US? I have tried tracking the order, but it just shows it set up at international departure. I'm not real impressed with them, as of now.
KevN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Lanny : I havenīt tried these batteries myself yet, but they get good reviews and I will buy a few with my next order from Hobby King. They are 1000Mah and should give a noticeable longer flight times than the stock 800Mah ones.

ZIPPY Flightmax 1000mAh 2S1P 20C

EDIT : While longer flight times are good fun, be careful to not run your motors too hot. Let them rest an cool down from time to time.

RC Heli Lounge on Discord : https://discord.gg/92HmhxWK
Tjomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks T. Got some ordered now. Along with the HXT900 servo's. AND some other stuff.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:22 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been thinking about getting a 200 250 size. I've been looking at HobbyKings 250 and also Gaui's 200. My question is, what's the difference in the quality, longevity of these two? Plus the difference between the more named brand servos, gyros and the Hobbyking brand? I'd like some thought...........cause I sure don't have any!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Lanny :

I have a Trex 250 myself, and that is the only 250 I have first hand experience with. When I was in the prosess of buying it, I browsed these forums on info about Trex 250 vs Gaui 200. My conclusion was that most people actually owning or had tried both favoured the Trex. I picked up a good price on a kit for the version 1, not the 250SE. Itīs know to have a few tail issues that the SE version donīt have. My tail is performing nice, though.

The HK-250GT looks like a nice kit, and I use HK spare parts myself. Specially those parts that donīt affect flight performance like tailboom, skids, etc.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you want to spec a HK-250GT with good quality electronics you wonīt be far off the price of real Trex 250SE Combo package. And you will get better performance with the real deal.

My take on this is that if you want an inexpensive 250 with inexpensive electronics go get that HK-250. If you want a better and more costly heli, you wonīt save much on the HK and a genuine Align heli is the better pick.
Thatīs just my opinion ofcourse and you should make up your own.

Happy heli hunting.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm inclined to agree! What servos, gyro would you go with? Thanks much for your time.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Iīll answer you in a PM to keep this thread on topic. Questions about the HK-250 could also be asked in the Trex 250 forum.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:36 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wU4libXNw4[/ame]
Here's my Lama :-)
eranbw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in