Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default YGE gov store issues on mini P

I'm having very inconsistent and frustrating issues with Gov store mode on my mini p.

3s setup

Sometimes it starts up and works properly other times it seems to spool up properly but looses enough head speed once I've lifted off to actually settle back down to the ground.

If it does that and I hit T hold once it's on the ground and them come back out of TH it will work fine for the entire flight.

I'm considering going to the skookum gov instead but I understand there are issues with that also.
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

does it detect cell count properly?

If you run 6s packs, select the cell count to 6s instead of auto.
sp00fman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are you running similar lipos through the mini? Does the problem occur on a specific pack?
Old 12-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniczen View Post
Are you running similar lipos through the mini? Does the problem occur on a specific pack?
They are 3S Gens Ace 25c 2200 mah packs. The ESC counts the proper number of cells. They check out right, all cells show the same voltage. I've checked them right after the problem. If I was using a CC ESC I could check the logs but YGE's don't have logs.

The only thing I can think of is that I run the belt fairly loose and maybe that could be confusing the ESC.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't think that the loose belt is posing any problems as I run mine loose aswell and my yge gov works flawlessly.

What i recommend trying, is a total reset of your ESC:

First reprogramm the endpoints, but not with the prog card but trough your radio (recommended by YGE).

Then reprogramm every point of your esc in the prog card.

Use the default values for P and I gain of the gov, that seems to work best with the 3s motor, atleast in my experience.

Not gonna go over the whole process of reporgramming your ESC in this post because Mr Mel made a really great video where the whole programming process is shows very well including setting up the gov store mode properly.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITCevmKW3oQ&list=UUdNXcdcFTbEWUjlhAPRVeMQ& index=3[/ame]
Chrysis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysis View Post
Don't think that the loose belt is posing any problems as I run mine loose aswell and my yge gov works flawlessly.

What i recommend trying, is a total reset of your ESC:

First reprogramm the endpoints, but not with the prog card but trough your radio (recommended by YGE).

Then reprogramm every point of your esc in the prog card.

Use the default values for P and I gain of the gov, that seems to work best with the 3s motor, atleast in my experience.

Not gonna go over the whole process of reporgramming your ESC in this post because Mr Mel made a really great video where the whole programming process is shows very well including setting up the gov store mode properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITCev...PRVeMQ&index=3
So I went thru everything again and on the bench it seems to be behaving better.

Hopefully I can fly tomorrow and see.

Brrrrrr
Old 12-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Solved the issues by installing a hobbywing rpm sensor and enabling the SK720 governor.

Much better.

New Thunderpower batteries probably didn't hurt either.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have always have that same "problem". (with 3s and 6s)

if i dont wait with zero collective until final rpms are there they might not get there every time.
this is not a big problem when you know how to handle it and i have something like 500 flights with this thing.

strange thing is that most of the times it's working like it is supposed to be and makes correct rpm even if i lift it off the ground in the middle of the spoolup.

my friend said he has same thing with some hv yge.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

i had similar issues, sometimes it would fly fine and sometimes it would suddenly shut off.

Just incase you have issues and still cant figure it out a fellow helifreaker told me it was because my TC (75%) was at the switiching point for the active freewheel or something. i never read or heard anything about it before i was told. but all i did was change my TC and never had problems since
cheers
Alex
ahunter852 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadco View Post
Solved the issues by installing a hobbywing rpm sensor and enabling the SK720 governor.

Much better.

New Thunderpower batteries probably didn't hurt either.

Problem solved on the bench but not with blades on.

It's gotten to a point where the motor won't even start engaged with the drive train.

I'm starting over with the esc connected to a simple receiver and the motor disconnected from the drive train then trying to figure out how to reset the esc to MSH defaults and then going step by step from there.

Desired end result would be working with the SK gov, acceptable end result would be gov store working.

So carefully watching Mr. Mel's video and starting from complete scratch now has everything working with the Skookum gov as it should.

Chrysis thanks for the link.

Last edited by shadco; 01-03-2013 at 05:00 PM..
shadco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in