Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Cx3-1000 - Take off problems

Ok , Ive set everything up , on the bench when testing the gyro seems to behave the way its supposed to

When I try to take of , I can get it about 6 inches of the ground , then it pitches violently in what ever direction it wants , and there is no correcting it , its almost likes its gone nuts

On the bench fine , in actual use

I must be doing something wrong ...

I have the USB interface , Ive set it to beginner and set everything else up , but
old4570 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Be sure there are no bad vibrations.

Reduce the gains for pitch and roll.

If you could take a video of the helicopter swash as you tilt the helicopter, we could double check your swash compensation directions are correct.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep. It totally sounds like one of your cyclic compensation directions is going the wrong way.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 11:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Yeah

See thats what I thought , but every time I check , its right ..

What I did was turn down the gain N stuff down on cyclic , I had it set to noob , bit even that seemed to be too much ..

Now cyclic is 22/22 and 22/22 for pitch and roll .. @ Tx , I have DR-70% , Expo-20%

So here is where I am at the moment ..

I think [ I could be wrong ] , that the gyro's range of control over the swash may have been = to or greater than the transmitters range of control , in effect giving the gyro more control over the heli than I had .. So when the gyro decided to do something , there was no undoing .

ATM when moving the heli about the gyro has about +- 1mm range of motion , Tx still has full range of motion . So what ever the gyro does , one can now counter it .

So ATM with 22/22 , it hovers .. Just the tail needs sorting out now , with the noob settings it does wander all over the place , some thing awful . [ Not really good for noobs at all ] so hopefully I can sort out the tail ..

If it can hold the tail , then it will be good , the wind came up making sorting out a 450 some what dangerous

So hopefully will be calmer in the evening
Old 12-31-2012, 01:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

DR of 70% and expo of 20% seems good.

I assume the 22/22 is the 'agility' setting, which is very low.. Even below the 30 of beginner.

When you say the tail needs sorted out, what does it do? If it drifts left or right, then you need to increase the gain. If it wobbles back and forth when its in the air, then lower the gain. Normally, at the FBL unit, you set the tail gain to 100, and then adjust the gain setting at the transmitter. Again, if there are vibrations in the heli, it might drift. So check your blade tracking, blade balance, and various shafts for straightness.

Finally, what is your experience with flying collective pitch helicopters? All CP helicopters require almost constant, but very small cyclic inputs by the pilot to hover.
If it is set up pretty well, you may be able to not touch cyclic for maybe 3 or 5 seconds, but usually not much longer than that.
I suspect that you might be 'over controlling' the heli a bit at the transmitter, and thus why lowering the agility helped you a bit. You could also try a DR/Expo of something like 80%rate / 40% expo..

You say it wanders all over the place. Does it constantly see to wander in the same direction from a neutral position? If so, then it is possible the swash is not level.

This all being said, my Blade 450 3d, with copter-x fbl, does not have a true 'hang from a string stationary hover', it does not drift much, but it does move some from a hover, more than my mCPX and 300x (beastx), even in calm conditions.
I can still precisely land it on a 1 foot x 2 foot pad even in windy conditions.

I could maybe do some additional tuning to the PID and gain settings, but I really like how it flys and performs the mild 3d that I like to do, so I live with it.

I'm also using the original copter-x microcode, not the updated zyx code as I don't have the USB programmer.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 07:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Hmmm

Yeah gain needs to come up for the tail -

I have 6 flybar 450's , flybarless is totally new to me ..

I think I jammed the gain up to 110%

before this it would drift easy 90deg one way or the other , up to 180deg and one time about 270deg ..

My Assan 250 holds the tail like it was anchored to a mountain ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in