Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2014, 07:31 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bubbasanjohn, check the connector on the servo plugged into the far left (green) connector on the 3-in-1. The picture makes it look like the contact for the white wire is backing out of the shell, which could lead to an unreliable connection.

For future reference, a post with a picture showing the connector mapping to servos in a stock frame is at Linear Servo Tech Manual Part 5 - Servo Connector Mapping
Other: Atmel AVR microcontrollers, electronics, 3D printing
helibus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2014, 09:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you helibus

Oh boy now i am really confused. The only way that my 130 will display proper gyro response: tilt heli nose down and gyro compensates by adding up swash. Tilt heli to right and swash compensates by adding left swash etc is for the 3-1 board to be in a completely differnet orientation than the picture. Board has to be upside down, servo connectors towards the ground with the connectors closest to the tail.
Bubbasanjohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2014, 09:03 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyKraken View Post
okay, so... so how is "board in the wrong orientation" being depicted?

Kuz it looks okey doke to me.
We'll that pic was when the board was installed and gyro was compensating towards the tilt of the heli in the roll axis.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is probably because you have your jeti improperly programmed! Where are you at. Do you have anyone local that can help you with the complicated jeti?
Also again I ask, you are using rotary servos on cyclic. The rear rotary cyclic servo on the LEFT side of the heli behind the elevator servo MUST be an internaly reversed direction of travel servo!
Tell us what cyclic servos you have on it and whether or not you know for sure the rear left cyclic servo is indeed a revesed servo. I do not mean reversed in the tx.
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2014, 11:07 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Scott, I have the right servos (microheli set) and the right one is internally reversed. I have the programming correct in the incredibly complicated Jeti. Discovered that I did not have the r3 in my bridge box updated with the latest firmware so I could not set computed mode in ppm output. All outputs are correct. All controls respond correctly to pitch, elevator roll and yaw. Got that. Not first time at the rodeo. Not first time with jeti either.

All my troubles started when I put in a brand new board and rotary servos. I have flown this heli thru my complicated JetI and then decided that I had too much money left over from getting my 3 advanced degrees and learning my 5 languages and thought I would blow some on micro copter upgrades.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:21 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I do not know what to tell you then. I am unsubcribing from this thread.
I hope you get it figured out.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:27 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
Well, I do not know what to tell you then. I am unsubcribing from this thread.
I hope you get it figured out.
Me too. Again, I do appreciate the attempt.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:44 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey just a real crazy thought but you said you put a brand new board in it. You sure it is the 130x board and not a red bull board? I know searching but a thought if you are sure the jeti is programmed correctly. Did you upgrade your tx to latest firmware yet and the rx feeding the orange module?
Old 10-31-2014, 04:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

At the risk of overstepping the mark, Im posting the procedure I use when rebuilding my 130x to ensure the servos are correct.

The start point is 130x fully assembled, no canopy, everything plugged in, no battery installed.

1) disconnect the motor wire connector.
2) turn on TX (ensure 130x model, throttle hold engaged)
3) mount battery on 130x and connect (should bind to TX)
** all servo connection adjustments can be done while the board in hot (has current flowing through it) **
4) test rudder on TX
** if one of the cyclic servos move, it's been confused with tail. Swap **
5) test collective on TX (up moves swash up, down moves swash down)
** if swash uneven, one or more of the cyclic serovs dead (as tail already correct). Fix and start from the beginning **
6) on TX ensure mid collective (good time to test blade pitch too )
7) on TX disengage throttle hold (remember motor unplugged, nothing should move). Gyros become active on the 3 in 1 belives throttle is applied.
** you may see slow cyclic or tail drift, just correct every so often with the rudder or cyclic controls, but by and large for the following tests rudder and cyclic should be centered **
8) pick up 130x and tilt forward and backward
** the two servos that move in unison are the left and right, the odd one out is the elevator servo, adjust servo connections to board till forward back tilt makes swash counters the tile forward, back movement **
9) pick up the 130x and tilt left and right
** if the swash does not counter the movement, swap the left and right aileron servo wires on the 3 in 1 board **
10) reengage TH on the TX
** disables 3 in 1 gyro again **
11) test forward backward on cyclic does as expected
** if not reverse elevator channel (channel 3) in TX and re-test, remember gyro already tested correct **
12) test left right on cyclic does as expected
** if not, reverse aileron channel (channel 2) in TX and re-test, remember gyro already tested correct **
13) disconnect battery from 130x
14) connect motor wires
15) reconnect battery and test fly

Note: I do not test tail direction or gyro compesation. if you have a rotary serv for tail you may want to do this too (to ensure servo horn on the correct way). If tail was working properly should not need reversing in TX on rebuild.

Hope this helps
Old 11-01-2014, 12:22 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbasanjohn View Post
OMG, had rthe board in the wrong orientation!!!!
Wait, So that wasn't an "Aha Moment", you are still broken?

You're killing me, Smalls!
SkyKraken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2014, 01:27 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey just a real crazy thought but you said you put a brand new board in it. You sure it is the 130x board and not a red bull board? I know searching but a thought if you are sure the jeti is programmed correctly. Did you upgrade your tx to latest firmware yet and the rx feeding the orange module?
Scott, not sure on the board. Got it right from horizon hobby site. I'll double check. Tx is latest 3.22 and rx (spektrum bridge) is same with ppm negative computed.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:28 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyKraken View Post
Wait, So that wasn't an "Aha Moment", you are still broken?

You're killing me, Smalls!
Well what IS the right board orientation? It is in the right orientation now because all control surfaces move the right way amd the gyro compensates the right direction.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:29 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageAU View Post
At the risk of overstepping the mark, Im posting the procedure I use when rebuilding my 130x to ensure the servos are correct.

The start point is 130x fully assembled, no canopy, everything plugged in, no battery installed.

1) disconnect the motor wire connector.
2) turn on TX (ensure 130x model, throttle hold engaged)
3) mount battery on 130x and connect (should bind to TX)
** all servo connection adjustments can be done while the board in hot (has current flowing through it) **
4) test rudder on TX
** if one of the cyclic servos move, it's been confused with tail. Swap **
5) test collective on TX (up moves swash up, down moves swash down)
** if swash uneven, one or more of the cyclic serovs dead (as tail already correct). Fix and start from the beginning **
6) on TX ensure mid collective (good time to test blade pitch too )
7) on TX disengage throttle hold (remember motor unplugged, nothing should move). Gyros become active on the 3 in 1 belives throttle is applied.
** you may see slow cyclic or tail drift, just correct every so often with the rudder or cyclic controls, but by and large for the following tests rudder and cyclic should be centered **
8) pick up 130x and tilt forward and backward
** the two servos that move in unison are the left and right, the odd one out is the elevator servo, adjust servo connections to board till forward back tilt makes swash counters the tile forward, back movement **
9) pick up the 130x and tilt left and right
** if the swash does not counter the movement, swap the left and right aileron servo wires on the 3 in 1 board **
10) reengage TH on the TX
** disables 3 in 1 gyro again **
11) test forward backward on cyclic does as expected
** if not reverse elevator channel (channel 3) in TX and re-test, remember gyro already tested correct **
12) test left right on cyclic does as expected
** if not, reverse aileron channel (channel 2) in TX and re-test, remember gyro already tested correct **
13) disconnect battery from 130x
14) connect motor wires
15) reconnect battery and test fly

Note: I do not test tail direction or gyro compesation. if you have a rotary serv for tail you may want to do this too (to ensure servo horn on the correct way). If tail was working properly should not need reversing in TX on rebuild.

Hope this helps
Gonna go thru this ASAP archmage. Congrats on your support roll. Just noticed that.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:32 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Scott, just confirmed the board from the part number I ordered and it took me here: http://www.horizonhobby.com/brushles...-130-x-blh3701

Seems to be the correct item.

Is there any harm to having the board in any orientation that works???
Old 11-01-2014, 02:33 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Scott, just confirmed the board from the part number I ordered and it took me here: http://www.horizonhobby.com/brushles...-130-x-blh3701

Seems to be the correct item.

Is there any harm to having the board in any orientation that works???
If you have it in a position other than stock, and it works that way, then it's fine

I had started a gaui XI project after Fabian had shared his build and I was able to use the 130x mainboard but I had to flip it upside down and move the connectors to the rear....this was because the swash on the build I was doing had 2 servos up front and one in the rear.....
Old 11-01-2014, 04:54 AM   #36 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Gonna go thru this ASAP archmage. Congrats on your support roll. Just noticed that.
Thanks. (Never asked for it, but was offered it anyway, Happy to accept and help out where I can.)

Tell us how you go with the process. I know it worked for me during one of my rebuilds of the 130x when changing frame.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:54 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

The orange module wants to see ppm positive from the jeti rx not ppm negative.
At least what I was told and my bridge works perfect on my 130 xtreme custom bird with 3+1 in correct orientation.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:08 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The orange module wants to see ppm positive from the jeti rx not ppm negative.
At least what I was told and my bridge works perfect on my 130 xtreme custom bird with 3+1 in correct orientation.
When I updated the r3 to the latest firmware, I had to re-enter the ppm value. The Spektrum bridge would not bind to the 130x unless the ppm signal was set to ppm negative. Reading back through the HF thread on the bridge box posters say to use ppm+. RCG thread on same says ppm-.

I will try again with ppm+ . As it sits now the 130 SEEMINGLY responds to inputs correctly. Getting a tail feathers blade grip set today and will reinstall and test to see if this baby works.

I am even more curious now as th the orientation of other people's boards in their 130 helis now.

I did order a small ESC and a gy280rx. Hoping this might make the heli easier to program and make electonics more robust.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Orange module needs ppm+ no ifs ands or butts. ppm- is futaba and hitec!
Ya an r4i rx with a robird is the way to go and scrap the spektrum stuff all together. The gy280 will not make things easier if your bridge box is not configureue correctly because it is still spektrum based!
Here is a photo of my custom 150x with jeti rx4i and robird fbl unit. This thing fly's hands off. Pure pleasure to fly!

Old 11-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok thanks Scott. On my way to work and will check again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in