Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters

Other Makes and Models Helicopters Other makes and model Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HK500CMT - Newbie helps

Hi guys,

I'm going to buy the HobbyKing 500CMT heli...
The config i choosed was:

1x Turnigy Typhoon 500H Heli Motor 1800kv
2x Turnigy 2650mAh 6S 20C Lipo Pack (small mAh? - ill use one per time)
1x IMAX B6 Charger/Discharger 1-6 Cells
4x Turnigy MG930 Digital Metal Gear Servo 3.6kg / 26g / 0.14sec
1x Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver
1x Hobby King SS Heli Series 70-80A ESC w/UBEC
1x Hobby King 401B AVCS Digital Head Lock Gyro
1x Turnigy 1450mAh 3S 11.1v (to use with the TX)
1x Hobby King Voltage & Temperature Monitor 2-6S (0-150C)

Well... for all you guys know... i never touched in a true heli (just a lama 4ch)... never an heli like this (just in simulators).
Some years ago i flew an airmodel but i sold it 3 years ago.

Well... i would like to know how is my equipment, what i need to buy more (accessories, etc, etc, etc) and what do i need to have a Crash kit (i'm from brazil and im going to US... i would prefer to buy all the things now).

All of the package will cost $395.72...

Thanks guys... please help me =D
thiagottjv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2010, 05:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just ordered the same set up so I will let you know how I progress. I have set up an exi 450 and flown a blade cp pro so this thing should be much more stable. I will be using my Futaba 7cap on this. Good luck!
genebarb97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HK 500 CMT Build

I have read a lot of reviews on this heli and I one I received is in very good shape with no real part problems. I am a beginner and just doing basic flying right now. Heli seems very stable.

I received this 500 2 weeks ago so you have a judge on time. I have nothing to complain about and for $100 I think I received a good heli.

I do not understand all of the negative junk I read. Rc has certainly changed in the last 10 years since I did 1/4 and 1/3 airplanes. You get a heli for $100 put about $50 of ungrade parts in it and then have the same heli that costs $250 or more. I do not understand what all the complaining is about except people seem to have too much time on their hands writing negative replies.

As a beginner I would like to see a simple threat put up telling the parts that are bad, what to replace them with, and then have any new problems get added.

Sorry if I am stepping on people's toes but if you spend $100 exspect what you are going to get is going to be a little less than the $250 heli.

Please enjoy the 500 CMT as I am and don't worry about people with too much time on their hands

Happy flying
Chuckggg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HK500CMT

It is very stable in flight and it was almost perfectly trimmed right out of the box. I am not used to the larger size yet, but as soon as I get a couple flights out of it I should be ready to idle up and let her rip. I like the set up I have and would not change a thing. The 3000mah 6s battery is just right, about 5 min run time. Have fun!
genebarb97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

How are your helis? Planning to build this one too?

Thanks
mheloy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have ordered 1 & will be maidened this weekend. hoping that it will fly well
bigbro3760 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2012, 04:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

How are your heli's? Any issues with the parts listed? Any better suggestions? Any advice would be great as I just ordered this kit, too
Old 09-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been running basicly the same set up for a couple of years.the things i upgraded are flysky module and recievers ( the recievers are smaller and cheaper ) i added the following align parts main shaft and belt apart from that i replaced canopy with fibre glass version and added any alloy upgrades i could along with hk carbon boom. With this set up have gone from complete newb to now flying not only the hk 500 but allso align 600 n and a elyq 90 but i still use the hk for learning new skills before progressing to the nitros
rob221 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in