Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default bl nano no power

well i got my nano back from Dylan the other day and he went trough it and cleaned it up. man he can solder great. i have not been able to fly it yet due to rain and waiting on my hyperion batteries. I will update as i can

matt blaisdell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

And the diagnosis was?
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmeow View Post
And the diagnosis was?
stock batteries, shady connectors, bent main shaft, main gear a little chewed up, main shaft bearings notchy, stock length boom, Kbdd tail blade, lots of vibes, 3 solder joints between the battery connectors and esc.... not the recommended setup for the wild motor. Hopefully he's happy with it after I set it up right with the right batteries and my recommended TX settings.

Motor and esc were fine.
From tapatalk
Old 12-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

And he sold it without even flying it........

From tapatalk
Old 12-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
And he sold it without even flying it........

From tapatalk
Didn't see that coming.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default no power

no i did try it out. my buddy has the 240 batteries thats why i ordered both the battery mounts from dylan although i did not need it . he did do a heck of a job on the soldering and clean up. when i hooked up the battery to the nano it did have a little more power . I also bought the 125mm tail and i had trouble getting the tail to hold under 3d i also used a moded mcpx landing gear . I did get the settings from dylan and put them on to the transmitter to the dot. I Just like the stock one better. So i decided to sale the kit i had go back to stock and just like it for what it is. Thanks for all the input and help dylan you rock.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default power curve for NORMAL mode on MILD setup

Sorry for double posting, but after reading this posting, it looks like this is more aligned with my issue.

I am kind of new to this stuff, and am unsure what is right and wrong. In my 'other' helicopters, the motor speed roughly follows the stick movement, at least if the stick is moved to the lower position ( in NORM mode ). the head should stop spinning.

After installing the mild BL on my Nano, I put a flat throttle 'curve' at 70%. I didn't touch the pitch curve. After arming the ESC, the head spools up (remember, this is NORM mode, not idle up). The head seems to spool up to a pretty high head speed and doesn't really change speed at all.

Is it possible to set up the normal curve to go to zero head speed on 'stick down' position? I just don't feel comfortable spinning up so hot before I get the feel of the bird. This is like spooling up in idle up mode. For some, that is great, for a noob like me, this is a little unnerving.

The good news, the bird holds very nicely with the high head speed, Haven't seen any tail wag - this is stock tail with a MILD setup.

Thanks and kudos to Dylan again for the turnkey solution you have provided.
JoelTaylor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default nano

guys dont hesitate to buy dylans kits there really top notch. i will buy more from him later. i have a friend also waiting on a mild kit and when he gets his ill try it. if i offended dylan in anyway im sorry. he jumped for me and went beyond more than he had to. again thank you dylan very much.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
stock batteries, shady connectors, bent main shaft, main gear a little chewed up, main shaft bearings notchy, stock length boom, Kbdd tail blade, lots of vibes, 3 solder joints between the battery connectors and esc.... not the recommended setup for the wild motor. Hopefully he's happy with it after I set it up right with the right batteries and my recommended TX settings.

Motor and esc were fine.
From tapatalk
Pfft, should've been fine.

Being it was unsaleable before I wonder what proportion of the sale price you achieved for Matt.

Hope you were suitably looked after at least for your time and the parts req'd.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 06:12 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelTaylor View Post
Sorry for double posting, but after reading this posting, it looks like this is more aligned with my issue.

I am kind of new to this stuff, and am unsure what is right and wrong. In my 'other' helicopters, the motor speed roughly follows the stick movement, at least if the stick is moved to the lower position ( in NORM mode ). the head should stop spinning.

After installing the mild BL on my Nano, I put a flat throttle 'curve' at 70%. I didn't touch the pitch curve. After arming the ESC, the head spools up (remember, this is NORM mode, not idle up). The head seems to spool up to a pretty high head speed and doesn't really change speed at all.

Is it possible to set up the normal curve to go to zero head speed on 'stick down' position? I just don't feel comfortable spinning up so hot before I get the feel of the bird. This is like spooling up in idle up mode. For some, that is great, for a noob like me, this is a little unnerving.

The good news, the bird holds very nicely with the high head speed, Haven't seen any tail wag - this is stock tail with a MILD setup.

Thanks and kudos to Dylan again for the turnkey solution you have provided.

70% sounds high for just learning. I am at 65% now but I did use 51% for a while to be more like stock. 51 was too low, it couldnt handle pitch changes.
I eventually got used to a flat TC, and learned the Throttle hold switch well (stripped out a main gear in the process) Experiment with a lower flat curve.
jbilliter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, going to lower the 'curve' to 65 and go from there. It was the behavior of having the headspeed totally independent of the left stick that got me confused. I'm used to having a throttle/pitch mix. This makes the left stick pure collective. On my TX, I can have 3 power settings, NORM, Idle1, and Idle2.

I will just let it spool up to speed and fly it from there. If I want the blades to stop spinning I will use TH
Old 12-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default bl nano

well i would have no problem sending dylan more money for his time.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelTaylor View Post
Thanks, going to lower the 'curve' to 65 and go from there. It was the behavior of having the headspeed totally independent of the left stick that got me confused. I'm used to having a throttle/pitch mix. This makes the left stick pure collective. On my TX, I can have 3 power settings, NORM, Idle1, and Idle2.

I will just let it spool up to speed and fly it from there. If I want the blades to stop spinning I will use TH
The flashed ESC is a bit odd at first. Once you get use to it, it's a much better way to fly and gives you so much more control.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the feedback. I do notice that if I try to gradually lift off the gyros are not happy. I have rolled it a couple times. I need to get used to hopping up quickly.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #55 (permalink)

@JoelTaylor
You should be able to have the heli spool up with the head speed varying according to throttle stick position. Just set the normal curve appropriately. But I'd keep the max value of the curve a little lower. Like 65% or so as previously mentioned. You can increment it lower and until you're comfortable. At 70% governor speed, the brushless is running very "high" and is intimidating to beginners.

I don't have a Spektrum TX. I use a FlySky one. So my curves won't help. But try something like 22 40 58 65 65

Replace the two 65 with the head speed that you'd like to fly at. You might even have to make the last three points of the curve the same. Because, in a governor setup, during flying, you can't vary the governor that ESC is trying to govern to. There will be lag as it's doing so. You'd have to program the ESC to turn off the governor feature completely.

For flying though, it's much better to be able to rely on a consistent headspeed. That's the biggest selling point of going brushless with BLHeli flashed to the ESC. It's bringing technology found in the larger heli, into a micro sized one. Pretty sweet.
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I'm going to bump it back up to 70% flat. I am having problems with the gyros and at 65% it doesn't seem to pop up fast enough, there is some latency and that causes the gyros to go whack.

Once I get it in the air, 65% is pretty mild. it flys around like a brushed motor. The gyros kick in fine once it is in the air. I have idle1 set to 70 and it was handling fine. I just need to re-learn the bird. I'm keeping it over the grass and right index is always on TH.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #57 (permalink)

Are you setting your pitch limit?
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope, is this Travel limit or Curve? Sorry, I'm a real noop. I REALLY appreciate all the great advice!

Hints for values?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Big thanks to Matt & Dylan!

I was worried that the wild kit would be to much for me indoors but so far I am loving it. I am only using the stock eflite lipos right now, they come down warm after 3 minute flights and still have about 3.81 volts left. I don't do any 3d just alot of flips, rolls, and inverted flying. So I am happy right now at a flat 75% throttle curve and 75% pitch travel.

I look forward to taking it out this weekend and really unleash the power!

Mcpx BL2
profilefan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in