Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default zyx-s2 and flashing yellow light

i just cannot get this thing to bind...using a dx7s and a dsmx reciever.....i did bind the satalite first to the original reciever ....i can connect to the new software as well but i have tried all the dsm2-1 to 4 and dsmx -1 and 2 and it will not bind!!!!!!!

anyone can help at all with a step by step guide would be gratly appreciated...
darkangel1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel1 View Post
dsmx reciever....
DSMX sat? AFAIK no way!
yet...
DSM-2 satellites only (same as ZYX-S)
3Daemon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daemon View Post
DSMX sat? AFAIK no way!
yet...
DSM-2 satellites only (same as ZYX-S)
Sorry to revive, but I'm having the same issue. Are you saying that I can't use the dsmx satellite that came with my ar6210 rx? I've gone through all the settings also, with the sat already bound through the conventional rx, and can't get rid of the yellow flashing light on the zyxs2, however, on a few settings I get all my cyclic inputs. Just no throttle or rudder...and the yellow flash.
NuCOTech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me too. Flashing yellow light of death. Constantly. I'm about to throw this thing out. I have also bound a DSMX sat with a separate reciever and it goes solid orange for me. Just the zyx-s2 wont go beyond the flashing yellow. All my stick inputs are showing movement, some incorrect position but that can be fixed. Just want this thing to work. I know alot of guys love this thing but we cant even get past some of the very first steps of the setup. I've tried all the videos for the zyx-s tricks as well as the very few zyx-s2 stuff.
weav01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

With current FW, ZYX-S2 (ZYX-S as well) can't work with DSMX sat in DSMX mode. If you bind DSMX sat in DSM-2 mode - it work.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oops. Missed that typo. Originally I bound it as dsmx. Currently it's bound as dsm2. I have changed my frame rate on the dx8 yet. Someone somewhere mention moving. From 11ms to 22 ms on the radio. Will try that. Then I will try setup with the radio farther away from the Rx. I'll try anything. Getting frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2014, 05:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have to bind sat in DSM-2 mode, 22ms, with other receiver. Work fine (with DX9 and DX6i TX), however in setup the DSMX-2 receiver type used.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you using the sat only or a rx and sat? If you are using a rx and sat you need to change the zyx firmware setting to conventional receiver.
NuCOTech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2014, 09:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a sat. Funny thing last night without changing anything the thing went to a solid blue light! What the heck. Today. Back to flashing yellow. Who knows. While I had the blue light last evening I was able to get through a good bit of the setup. This an experimental gyro I'm using on a Walkera V400 that has a brushless motor driven tail. Here lies the problem. I was hoping the signal for the tail servo would drive the tail motor brushless esc and command the tail Motor correctly however.........looks like it only wants to drive the motor continuously at max speed. Even tried all the different tail servo settings without any luck. Plus the main motor esc needs a throttle input signal to initialize the main motor and it doesn't seem to be getting that from the rx either. Oh well. Just wanted to try something different. If someone else has done something like this with success give me a message about how to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in