Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Lynx Heli Innovations

Lynx Heli Innovations Lynx Heli Innovations - Heli Upgrades - Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default the Lynx clutch

Hi Guys. can someone give me a update with the Lynx gas clutch . Is it working out well. and what liner are you using the standard liner?
shihan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

r u referring to the 600 or 700 size, and the original or the new one they just released?

carey shurley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I am speaking of the 700 size the new one just released , thanks
shihan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I only know of two people that had one, both of them were manufactured incorrectly and returned.

In theory it will be an improvement over the basic Trex 700 clutch and even the Quck UK one though because its shoes are heavier

Old 09-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah. One of them is me and the other is Carey Shurley himself
Trex 600 Gasser FBL | HeliXHeli conv. | OS GT15HZ | iKon | Homemade onboard generator
Azalin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I picked up one of the new Lynx Gas Clutches the other day.. I already have the heavy Duty Lynx one but thought I'd go the new gas one seeing i'm getting a new Performance Motor from Toxic Al..

I've got the RevB version and it looks all ok so not one of the first batch of bad ones..

Yea - just wondering if I use a thick liner or std ?

The gas clutch is supposed to be a little larger in diameter, thus i'm thinking this negates the requirement for a thicker gas liner - so i grabbed some spare std t-rex700 liners - but heavy duty ones...

Anyone know which liners are meant to be used with the gas clutch?
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

use the std liner, but the newer white one not the black one

Old 05-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got one of the new revised units about 2 months ago when building my new Helibug 700. So far this clutch has worked GREAT! I am also using the Lynx Gas liner, Before using this liner I sanded it down to 1.12-1.13mm thickness.
AS of this time I have flown 3 gallons using this clutch with a G290,713 blades,In a 11.75 lb Helibug 700
Flights 141
DEDO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys - great info...

@Carey - I got the lynx 700 heavy duty liner and it's a blue colour - hope it's ok... I may even continue using my existing liner - need to sus it out when rebuilding.. also i need to measure the thickness of the new lynx one..

PS: A dumb question - how do i remove the old liner and put the new liner on? what glue is best to use as i've never done one before?
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
Old 05-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wouldn't you know my luck - missed out by only days... grrrrrrr

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...hlight=helibug
Old 05-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

the only thing you have to be careful about with different liners is whether its too thick with the particular clutch you have

I used the thick lynx liner at full thickness and then tried to use the Quick UK clutch. It wouldn't turn at all and needed to be cut in a lathe

Remove the liner with an xacto knife. Find the seam and then carefully work the knife under it. Its really pretty easy to get out. Clean it with sandpaper and a contact cleaner and then put the new one in with JB Weld.

Last edited by carey shurley; 05-22-2012 at 08:34 PM..
Old 05-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm - as i don't have contact cleaner and jbweld (expensive here)

I'm woundering if it would be actually cheaper and simpler for me to get a new 700 bell with liner already fitted? Would the new bells have the white liner ?

http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=3339

At $14 it's hardly worth the trouble if the liner is already done and ok to use. (as jbweld is $15 here on it's own)

PS: is this the white liner you're referring to? http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=6664 slight blueish tinge but whiteish whereas the other one is really black..
Old 05-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been using five minute epoxy for years. Never actually heard of using j b Weld before now. Epoxy it. It wont be going anywhere.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah thats it. The original stuff was black and was harder material. I'm sure regular epoxy will work just fine as well

Old 05-21-2012, 06:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Guys - I have epoxy - lol

But still tempted just to get a new bell with it already done - i'm lazy..

This is what I bought already when I got the gas clutch - http://www.rcbits.com.au/content/lx0...-liner-pad-2pc

Even thou the pic shows as black, it's also a light blue tinge type colour.. but no info on how thick it is..

edit: looks like it's 1.0mm thick like the align stuff... http://www.lynxheli.com/product_info...ducts_id=22158

So maybe i can try putting this on my existing bell and if I stuff it up get a new Bell - lol
Old 05-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really prefer the grippy tacky lynx gasser clutch liner. I chose to sand my gasser liner down to fit the gasser clutch. All the other liners feel to slippery and hard to me.

I would suggest learning to line. Until you get the right combination, you might have to do it a couple times. Buying a new bell every time will get costly.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

How long do you find liner lasts on average?
Old 05-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockstrap View Post
How long do you find liner lasts on average?
If the gap is incorrect, 20 flights if you are lucky.

If the gap and the engagement is all correct, a long time. Hundreds of flights.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lynx LX0135 Rev B - TRex 700 conversion GAS Heavy Duty Clutch Set

The Lynx TRex 700 Gas conversion HD clutch has been tested and approved by Ali from HeliBug. This clutch is approved for use with the new standard Align clutch liner (blue in colour), so is a drop in replacement.....

Please note this applies only to the latest version of our gas clutch - LX0135 Rev B (the old one was labled Rev E....).

This clutch is different from LX0016 - T-REX 700N Heavy Duty Clutch, which is a drop in clutch replacement for the TRex 700n.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:18 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

cool - I have "RevB" as per here --> https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=34

However, the "RevB" is no longer the newest - it's now the "middle" version gas clutch..

The newest is LX0135-B isn't it??? https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=417895

My gosh guys - couldn't you have used a different letter rather than "B" twice?

LX0135 RevB vs LX0135-B gets really confusing you know.. not to mention LX0135 RevE as the first one - OMG what's the go?

So at this stage - I'm not really sure what version you were actually talking about in your post above - because "RevB" contradicts your "latest version" statement ???

Can you please clarify this for me as i think i'm slow or something

PS: I had the Lynx 700N heavy duty clutch in my helibug all this time and it worked very well also..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in