Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Velocity .90 vs T-Rex 700n both FBL

OK guy's I'm looking for some opinions between the T-Rex700n FBL and the Velocity.90 FBL? Witch one do you think is better built? Witch one do you think flys better? I woulds like to hear from a few of you guy's that have had both? I have been flying the Align 700n FBL for awhile now with no problems other than a crash now and then. It has held up beautifully. I can buy parts any where and the are pretty cheap to. So I just bought me a used FBL Velocity .90 airframe off RR. And I was wondering I'm I going to be happy with the choice I made? i was looking at the prices for the Outrage Velocity .90 and they seem well withing my price range. Is there any thing on the Velocity .90 I should be aware of? I have been building setting up and flying helicopters for around 6-7 years. I bought the Outrage for some thing different the T-Rex was getting a little IMO old for me. I just wanted some thing new for a change without dropping a grand for a brand new air frame. Like say a MA Whiplash? I'm also not into big electrics at all not my game. I love my nitro! I just hope I made the right choice? Any opinions would be appreciated good or bad? Just be truth full guy's..... Thanks!
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hard to say -> I never upgraded my Align 700N to FBL. The V90 head is lower and my feeling is that its more agile. However I have the V90 on a FBL system using v-bar. So hard to compare that way.
im4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I hear you. I ran both the DFC head and the original V1 FBL head on my 700 and I know the DFC head probably sits lower than the stock FBL Velocity .90 head? But man it was so fast on the cyclic with that DFC head I was amazed! I was doing back wards outside loops and I could do them so fast they were almost perfectly square. lol The sound it made was awesome all I could hear was the blades literaly cutting through the air when I would yank back on the elevator really hard. It was like a Frick! Frick! Frick! sound hard to explain but sweetest noise I have heard a RC helicopter make! lmbo!
Old 09-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Comparing the way they fly, the v90 fb is sweet and agile i can say 50 times better than trex 700 fb.

I have them both but for now the v90 is out of use. Unfortunately v90's have a crashing syndrom!

I tried using v90's fb head on trex 700 and the characteristics of the whole heli changed. With same cyclic pitch, head speed and other settups, the trex became much better in stabilty and became faster too. The v90's head perfomed much better on v90's frame itself. It felt lighter and faster. So i believe frame design contributes and i personally likes more the v90 not mentioning the crashing syndrom. Thats another issue.

I loved the head in both helis but it didnt suit my flyng style at some point. It was easy to achive binding and ruin linkages in very few flights.

Tareq editions head was to solve the ratio issue but it seems its dropped for good atleast for now.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes but mine are both FBL I had the Velocity 50FBL and I loved it over my 600n pro FBL So I'm hoping it will be the exact same deal for the 700 and the velocity 90 What keeps causing the Velocity 90's to crash?
Old 10-01-2012, 05:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Regardless of either its fbl head or not, i think the frame design is making a difference. Maybe becouse velocity helis are thin and well balanced in terms of CG and height. I missed a chance to try a trex fb head on a v90. I was to do so but i had crashed and both frames were cracked. Dumped it in the store.

The V50 fb was also one of my favorite helis that i could fly and enjoy but unfortunately the syndrom was inherited from the big brother V90! I never owned a trex 600 but its a crap over the V50 in terms of flyng.

TAIL ISSUES are the causes of crashes. I had enough in both helis. Hopeless to wait for the new tail in months. Probably it will never be released and the v50 will continue to crash with the same boom block and gears.

Buying a new v90 tail plus the damage caused by the last crash, cost its close enough to get a new trex 700 fb kit and its syndrom free and easy parts supply.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeed09 View Post
The V50 fb was also one of my favorite helis that i could fly and enjoy but unfortunately the syndrom was inherited from the big brother V90! I never owned a trex 600 but its a crap over the V50 in terms of flyng.

TAIL ISSUES are the causes of crashes. I had enough in both helis. Hopeless to wait for the new tail in months. Probably it will never be released and the v50 will continue to crash with the same boom block and gears.

when you say v50 ... you mean the new one ? cause the old version never had an issue.
ive had mine for 3yrs no issues,which is why i didnt jump to buy the new version.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes I was talking about the V1 Velocity 50 BTW I got to beat on my velocity 90 today. I am speechless this thing is way smoother than my 700n I think I will be keeping it
Old 10-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by statton1 View Post
when you say v50 ... you mean the new one ? cause the old version never had an issue.
ive had mine for 3yrs no issues,which is why i didnt jump to buy the new version.
I never did own the 50N2, the old one and thats what am talking about. The N2 is almost similar to the N1 interms of areas with problems. In N2 the tail case is slightly different but that too didnt work good with me when i tried to fix it on my N1.

There was some problems and i stripped the umbrella gears oftenly sometimes just in the first flight. Black nor white. Did mods recomended but never worked with me.

Outrage recently did release new gears for the 50 . It looks like the issue is solved for the 50 but still not yet for the 90

Old 10-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Man, I sold my Velocity 50V1 quite so time ago I would say I put probably 2 cases of nitro through it. It was a used airframe when I got it to. It had all the white gears on it, I never once stripped a gear I was running a YS56 in it. I piled it in at least 3 times. Once really hard to! Every time I rebuilt it it kept getting better and better, I had a blast with it! I haven't got but around two tanks through my Velocity 90 and I dare say I think it's going to be just as good as the 50V1. I have the black umbrella gears in the front and back I had to buy a newer style main shaft mine had the Jesus bolt play. While I was at it, I went ahead and bought the KDE thrusted main bearing blocks for it. (I have always had good luck with these BTW) All I can say is I just can't waite to get some time off so I can take it out and rip it!
Old 10-20-2012, 01:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselbean View Post
Man, I sold my Velocity 50V1 quite so time ago I would say I put probably 2 cases of nitro through it. It was a used airframe when I got it to. It had all the white gears on it, I never once stripped a gear I was running a YS56 in it. I piled it in at least 3 times. Once really hard to! Every time I rebuilt it it kept getting better and better, I had a blast with it! I haven't got but around two tanks through my Velocity 90 and I dare say I think it's going to be just as good as the 50V1. I have the black umbrella gears in the front and back I had to buy a newer style main shaft mine had the Jesus bolt play. While I was at it, I went ahead and bought the KDE thrusted main bearing blocks for it. (I have always had good luck with these BTW) All I can say is I just can't waite to get some time off so I can take it out and rip it!
It actually depend on your flyng style and the degree of using the tail.

I have read in this forum that the new tail will soon be out. In my opinion, you can wait for those few weeks to get the new tail rather than dumbing your machine into the sand. For me flyng that thing hard is not safe with the old tail. Wish you luck incase you proceed.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh man, I am reading this just getting ready to leavefor a great day of flying. I do fly 3-D but I'm no where near being hard on the tail as say Taraque or Bert K. So I hope the heck it holds. I do funnels hurricanes piroflips rolling tail slides piro loops. I think I will be easy on it the first 1/2 to 3/4 gallon. Thanks for the heads up again! (fingers crossed, knocking on wood)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in