Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Heli-Max Helicopters

Heli-Max Helicopters Heli-Max Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Heli-Max Axe CP 2.4 MHZ Hard to Control

Is anyone having a problem with their AXE CP 2.4 GHZ as far as controlling the Heli? It kind of hard to control, like it has it's own mind....

Kevin
kphdrummer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have one. It's ok. Kind of twitchy on the rudder. could be a few things
1) Is everything balanced correctly. (Did you crash it?) Even a slight bend to the feathering shaft will really mess it up.
2) factory position on motor pinion not that great. Might want to adjust that.
3) Once I got everything all tuned up, it runs much better then new.
4) Hate to ask, but what about the pilot? How much experience do you have?
5) Winds. Really affects me. I have a hard time controlling any heli in wind.
I have only been flying 2 months. So don't take me as an expert.
cncook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2014, 04:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Heli Max Cp

I agree that this Heli Max New Cp is very hard to control. I have tried so many adjustments on the E-Board it is not funny. I did find a brushless motor from Hobby King. Next I am going to try the blade Sr ESC and Gyro. It can't get worse. And good bye to the receiver. Will set it up with Dx6I. Will inform on what happen's
oldfartheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy

Just bought one. Inspected out the box, charged the battery, unhooked the power to the motor and checked controls. Forgot about the direct drive tail rotor and it spun up like a mad bee. Anyway everything seemed to be ok in preflight check. Went outside, plugged in battery and let sat for 10 sec or so for the esc/gyro to initialize. Started to apply throttle/pitch and noticed the tail rotor was spinning at a pretty high rpm, main rotor hadn't even started to turn yet. Finally main rotor started turning and then the tail rotor quit spinning. Tail rotor has a mind of it's own. Spools up and then quits, spools and quits. I cut the power and started moving the stick around and noticed the cyclic didn't move simultaneously with stick input. So I guess I got a dud right out of the box. I hate having to send stuff back because of DOA but doesn't look like I have much choice.
On the other hand I have a Axe 100 ss and was surprised how stable this is for a micro heli. I've had a blast with it out of the box.
blackmonte is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 10:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Check antenna wire....

Ive heard some of them had a "cold solder" and that would effect your TX and receiver...some guys made the antenna longer...Im trying to decide weather to dump it or just for fun try to get it working...the electric tail motor I feel is the downfall on this heli but Im still a noob..I do know the tail motor is LOUD and Im tone deaf and I CAN HEAR it so yep its loud....
Tamaska is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 10:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

After a few months I just gave up on the Heli Max. Got a TREX 450 DFC Plus. love it. Way better.
cncook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2014, 04:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wink Heli Max CP

The Heli max cp has a great flight and the next tail swings 180 and then some. Crash I did and both I own toast. So this old fart had a Blade Sr laying around and I put all the SR parts on the Heli Max CP. Motor with cp pinion. The ESC, Orange Rec. I did not replace the servo's.All I can tell you what a difference. No tail wag. There are some forum's about putting the Blade SR tail motor on the left. I did use the Blade SR transmitter. I think Channel 2 has to change so swash turns correct. And I did have to add more pitch by making adjustments to the links. The Battery I use a HK 1050Mah. You can toss that thing you call a Battery. Yes The Battery does sit on a angle, but I just do regular flight. I have had no problems with this setup. And this is my setup some of you may think I am nuts. I made so many adjustments on the E-board that it came close to getting run over by my riding mower.
oldfartheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in