Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tarot ZYX-S satellite

So this is my 3rd ZYX install/program, so im not new to programing or flying the ZYX, but I decided to pickup a ZYX-S and had a DSMX satellite sitting around so im trying to get everyting binded and wired.

I was looking for a manual to hook up the ZYX-S to a satellite, then came across this in the tarot software, Im using a DX7 so looks like I would select DSM2-1, my satellite is DSMX not sure if it matters, but I dont have the matching receiver to bind.

Im looking at the binding instructions, how would you power the ZYX on if you ran the jumper from pit/ele/aux port to ali port?

Looks like the figure on the right is how it is susposed to be hooked up when flying, Is this correct, ESC plug into ail, satellite into rud, servos into channels 1-4?

any one know how to get this satellite setup working?

EGG_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am just about to do the same thing. You can use the other ports to power the ZYX, say channels 1 to 4. this will get you through the binding set up. Make sure you get the plug the right way up. The binding process can also be done on a separate receiver independent of the tarot then the satellite can be transferred to the tarot which is how I will have to do it as I have a dx8. You are right in thinking the other ports 1 to 4 are for the output to the servo's. The pic on the right shows the correct setup for the other plugs, satellite in rudder, esc in aileron.
Busher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 02:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use a DM8 spektrum module so my experience may be different from that of spektrum TX users.
I was not able to bind a satellite properly via the zyxs. What worked for me was to first bind
the satellite to the TX using a full receiver with a bind plug, then disconnect the satellite
from the full receiver and reconnect it to the 3gx. When in the zyx software, go to setup and
select receiver type (dsm2-4 in my case).

When I did this, I was on 3.0 firmware, and only a dsmx satellite would work properly.
An old dsm2 satellite didn't work at all, and a hobbyking orange satellite partly works with
some channels not working (as viewed in the monitor mode).

Since updating to v3.5 firmware, my dsm2 and orange satellite both magically started to work. Currently
my zyxs is in a foamie warbird and I've been flying it with the orange satellite
for a couple of days now.
mayday1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
I am just about to do the same thing. You can use the other ports to power the ZYX, say channels 1 to 4. this will get you through the binding set up. Make sure you get the plug the right way up. The binding process can also be done on a separate receiver independent of the tarot then the satellite can be transferred to the tarot which is how I will have to do it as I have a dx8. You are right in thinking the other ports 1 to 4 are for the output to the servo's. The pic on the right shows the correct setup for the other plugs, satellite in rudder, esc in aileron.
Thanks alot that should get me up and running

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday1 View Post
I use a DM8 spektrum module so my experience may be different from that of spektrum TX users.
I was not able to bind a satellite properly via the zyxs. What worked for me was to first bind
the satellite to the TX using a full receiver with a bind plug, then disconnect the satellite
from the full receiver and reconnect it to the 3gx. When in the zyx software, go to setup and
select receiver type (dsm2-4 in my case).

When I did this, I was on 3.0 firmware, and only a dsmx satellite would work properly.
An old dsm2 satellite didn't work at all, and a hobbyking orange satellite partly works with
some channels not working (as viewed in the monitor mode).

Since updating to v3.5 firmware, my dsm2 and orange satellite both magically started to work. Currently
my zyxs is in a foamie warbird and I've been flying it with the orange satellite
for a couple of days now.
I think I got lucky having a DX7 can bind by zyx-s, seems like this ZYX was made for the DX7, DX7 instructions in the ZYX manual.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGG_ View Post
Thanks alot that should get me up and running

I think I got lucky having a DX7 can bind by zyx-s, seems like this ZYX was made for the DX7, DX7 instructions in the ZYX manual.
Hi EGG_,

a curiosity plz, I'm also in the same stuff as you but my doubt is AFTER I made the bind to my DSMX sat a plugged in the ZYX ....HOW do you connect the cyclic and the rudder throu CH1-4 ON THE ZYX-S ???
I don't know if you have understood my question...If I connect the satellite and the ESC as in the right figure ...OK and the rest how I connect them??
Very appreciated a quick reply and thank you.
Note:
In my case having the heli oriented with tail in front of me the front right servo is the PITCH,the left front servo is the AIL and the rear servo are ELEV and RUDD..
klaus070 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

With the tail facing you as follows:- assuming 120 degree swash align 450 type and configuration
Front right servo, is plugged into gyro channel 1
front left servo is plugged into gyro channel 2
rear servo plugged into channel 3
rudder servo in gyro channel 4.

Note gyro channels are not in order, they run 4,1,2,3.on front of gyro

set 120 degs swash in the software, and single servo 90 degree no mixing in TX.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Many thanks Busher for your reply....but now I'm stucked with the absolutely impossibility to connect my ZYX through the PC software!!

I have set it up with a DSMX satellite,with a receiver it boot up fine ( I imagine that the flashing red light at the end of the boot up process means is in HH mode correct?)
but soon after that when I connect with the USB adapter and his cable NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING... (also tried with the John_NZ program..changing COM ports,inverting the gyro cable in the USB dongle ....) and it WON´T ABSOLUTELY connect..
Suggestions??
Old 08-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, flashing red light means error occurred on initialisation. restart the gyro, keep the airframe or the gyro still an ensure the sticks on your tx are centered. You want a steady red or steady blue. If you get a yellow, then press and hold the set button for a restart to ignore all settings. then go to the software check the port is correctly assigned to the com port your PC has selected. ensure all the leads are connected correctly.

Start software, connect lead to pc, check com port is correct, switch on gyro get it to initialise, use set button if reqd. then check you are bound to the satellite, press connect on the gyro software. Make sure you have the TX set to dsmx 22
Once connected, go to receiver set up and select the dsmx-2 save this to your gyro,
Come out of the software, disconnect power to gyro and re boot, then re connect for the setup, from that point you should be good to go
Old 08-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im having some issues with my ZYX-S and binding satellite together on a DX7, has anyone had success???

heres what i have:
DX7
Dsmx satellite
ZYX-S

heres what ive done:
ZYX-S was new, first I bound the Dsmx satellite to the DX7 according to the diagram on the tarot 3.0 software, Then I went ahead and hooked it up like normal, everything would initalize then just a blinking yellow light, I bypassed that by holding in the set botton to get a solid blue or red light to connect to john_NZs software ( alpha 1.22 for zyx-s), once connected I was able to change my reciever settings, nothing seemed to change, still had to use set botton, reconnected, updated to the 3.5 firmware for the zyx-s, rebound the satellite, but now when I go to connect it does not initalize, just lights up red, yellow, blue, satellite is solid, now if I hit the set button it initalizes, but then goes to yellow flashing, then i can hold the set botton in and it will go solid red/blue and will connect to the software .

any ideas?.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have you tried when connected to go in setup mode (in the PC software I mean) and select the right receiver,in my case it was a DSMX-2 and click FINISH so the soft write to the ZYX and then you will see it might be able to bootup until.you get a steady red light...try and tell me ..and read _EGG my threads you might find something useful...Goos luck!

Enviado desde mi LG-E510f usando Tapatalk 2
Old 08-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have gone in and changed the receiver to dsm2-1 for the DX7, but I have a Dsmx satellite so maybe ill try different satelllite receiver settings to see if anything changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaus070 View Post
Have you tried when connected to go in setup mode (in the PC software I mean) and select the right receiver,in my case it was a DSMX-2 and click FINISH so the soft write to the ZYX and then you will see it might be able to bootup until.you get a steady red light...try and tell me ..and read _EGG my threads you might find something useful...Goos luck!

Enviado desde mi LG-E510f usando Tapatalk 2
Old 08-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

So Im giving up, Im guessing its just not possible to bind via ZYX-s with DX7 even though its says it can, maybe its the dsmx satellite but it shouldnt matter i dont think, it will bind in dsm2 with a DX7, obviously the solution is to bind the satellite hooked up to a receiver and everything will work, but thats my issue I only have the satellite, maybe my LHS will let me bind it with one of there dsmx recieivers...hmmm !
Old 08-25-2012, 02:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

the sat needs to be bound with a rx then go into the rx/sat settings choose dsmx sat and power off, then conect sat to zyx-s and power on it should now work (i made the mistake of binding the sat to the zyx-s it only needs to be bound to the full rx/sat) i have a dx8 and while binding with dsmx sat it shows dsm2.....mick
t250se 3blade head]t 250se fbl 250spmotor ,hitec 65hb cyclic gp780 giro mks 480mg /t250pro 250mx motor savox 257mg align g31 /ds 480mg tail/alzrc devil 450,kst 115mg cyclic/ds520 tail turnigy typhoon motor/yep 45a esc /dx8...my flying ability
noddyflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

havent decided to go try ask if i can bind at my LHS, and im not forking out $70+ dollars so i can use a satellite and shelf the receiver.

Ive been messing with this thing again, still being a wittler though... trying to bind via ZYX-S with my DX7, lol!

Ive tried both the dsmx-1 and dsmx-2 with more response from the ZYX-S then when i select dsm2-1 (DX7), I figured out the DX7 is 22ms, so thats what ive currently selected dsmx-2(22ms), did a rebind, everything boots up like it should (dsm2-1 was just solid red,yellow,blue the second i plugged it in), then i get blinking yellow light, hold set button, goes solid blue or red (gyro switch doesnt change it from heading to rate), I can connect to software, and go into monitor screen, the bar doesnt move but the values for each work, but there crazy numbers in the 300-900 range, all channels work with the corresponding channel in monitor screen, except tail gain, so its reading the channel correctly.

whittling on...
Old 09-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

So i went in to my lhs and binded my dsmx satellite to an 8 ch dsmx receiver, went into the software and set my receiver type to dsm2-1 (DX7), now all thats happens when i power up the zyx-s is it just lights up all three lights solid( never blinks, instant solid lights). When i first hooked it up, after the lhs bind, before changing the receiver type i was on dsmx-2, when powering on it would blink like normal but then blinking yellow.

Anyone have any input?
Old 09-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

That means it is waiting for a receiver input, so you have not got the correct set up selected in the software. This can be frustrating.
Exactly what model of radio have you got, dont say dx7 if you have a dx7s as this makes a difference etc. What type of receivers are you using and what type of satellite, and make sure your sats can take dsmx signals.
I had the same probs as you just recently so I may be able to give you a few pointers.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
That means it is waiting for a receiver input, so you have not got the correct set up selected in the software. This can be frustrating.
Exactly what model of radio have you got, dont say dx7 if you have a dx7s as this makes a difference etc. What type of receivers are you using and what type of satellite, and make sure your sats can take dsmx signals.
I had the same probs as you just recently so I may be able to give you a few pointers.
Zyx-s 3.5v
Old DX7
Dsmx satellite
Binded with an ar8000 dsmx receiver
Old 09-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just ordered a dsm2 satellite to see if i can bind it via dx7 and fly, well see, but im thinking the dsmx satellite is my issue.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

The dsmx sat is not compatible when bound via an 8 channel receiver. I believe the configuration does not work out to give the correct signals to the gyro when paired with a dx7
If I were you I would try the dsmx sat and bind using the zyx and the lead shorting method as shown in the software screens. select dsm2 -1 and follow the on screen directions for binding.
Also if you get any of the error flashes on boot up and the gyro does not initialise then use the set button to force the gyro to initialise then make sure you get the sat to bind.
Now I do not have a dsmx or dsm2 sat and a gyro spare at the moment but if that does not work I would try a dsm2 sat.
I have had the most success with the dsmx sats but that is using a dx8 and setting up for dsmx on the radio. I wish I had a spare then I could set up the dx7 and give you a step by step guide on how to get connection.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

im thinking the dsmx modulation is my issue, Ive ordered an AR6200 dsm2 receiver and satellite combo so i can try to bind via ZYX with the proper components this time and also have the ability to bind with the reciever and if all else fails then just fly with the ar6200.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in