Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric cartman View Post
Yea, I've never had one this tough. I greased it and tried several different ways, finally gave up after 30 minutes of fighting with it and came to the conclusion the opening was just too small so I reamed it out a bit. I'm more concerned about the fact that the lip on the tank is much thicker than the lip on the rubber plug.
Just did mine, wow what a pita. That is a small hole to get that fitting in! Lube, a flat head screw driver, 20 mins and sore fingers later its in.

I ended up tossing some regular size fuel line in for the clunk. Found smaller stuff and have it on order but with the pita that was getting together...unless I have an issue with the line I used I am not pulling that tank apart again.

Team Scorpion
Gawl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawl View Post
Just did mine, wow what a pita. That is a small hole to get that fitting in! Lube, a flat head screw driver, 20 mins and sore fingers later its in.

I ended up tossing some regular size fuel line in for the clunk. Found smaller stuff and have it on order but with the pita that was getting together...unless I have an issue with the line I used I am not pulling that tank apart again.
My kit will be here tomorrow...not looking forward to that step! What lube did you use? I heard some are bad to use because they degrade the rubber over time.
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Best to use a Plastic/rubber safe synthetic, I have stuck with tri-flow clear synthetic grease for all plastic/rubber uses, like dampers, belts, gromits and plastic gears. It's safe for this type of use. It's by far my favorite.
akamullen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by akamullen View Post
Best to use a Plastic/rubber safe synthetic, I have stuck with tri-flow clear synthetic grease for all plastic/rubber uses, like dampers, belts, gromits and plastic gears. It's safe for this type of use. It's by far my favorite.
Exactly what I used, little triflow synthetic grease and some muscle work and it went in. Getting ready to pressure test it now to make sure everything is sealing nice.

Team Scorpion
Old 11-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Exactly what I used, little triflow synthetic grease and some muscle work and it went in. Getting ready to pressure test it now to make sure everything is sealing nice.
Gawl, how exactly are going to pressure test it? I'd like to do the same!

I looked everywhere and the only grease I have is the red tri-flow grease, but I don't know if that's safe for rubber or not. I also have a little tube of some clear grease called "Tamiya Grease". I have no idea if this is good for rubber... anyone know?

AMA #934662
Old 11-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

I pressure test it by hooking up the fuel pump and filling it up. The pressure from adding fuel will show you any leaks. Can use water as well. I use my electric fuel pump which has some good pressure and makes it easy.

Found out that my main tank is great but the header tank has a major leak. Used some rtv sealant and if that doesn't work I'll try another header tank.

Team Scorpion
Old 11-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

FINALLY!!!! Time to start building!

AMA #934662
Old 11-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Download the manual off the Internet, there's a number of things missing in the manual.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by conetica View Post
Download the manual off the Internet, there's a number of things missing in the manual.
Thanks! Already did. I may have encountered my first problem... I can't find this "Electronics Mount" pictured in pg. 1... which bag is it in???
AMA #934662
Old 11-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never mind... appears little bags falling behind the desk may pose a build problem...
AMA #934662
Old 11-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralmar View Post
Thanks! Already did. I may have encountered my first problem... I can't find this "Electronics Mount" pictured in pg. 1... which bag is it in???
Lol!

I had to pull those off mine to get the full size vbar to fit. If you need more room up there for your brain you can leave those off.

Team Scorpion
Old 11-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh also, this goes without saying but ill say it anyway, clean your bolts off for this heli. Gaui packs these in some oil and a cleaning with alcohol is needed otherwise your locktite won't set up.

Team Scorpion
Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Lol!

I had to pull those off mine to get the full size vbar to fit. If you need more room up there for your brain you can leave those off.
Have you got a picture of your electronics placement with the full size vbar? I'm currently installing a full size in my nx4.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, what's the deal with the fuel tank? It seems like the opening was not formed correctly. There are parts of the opening that are very thick and others that seem the correct thickness. The rubber plug lip is not thick enough to go over the thick parts of the tank opening. This looks like a manufacturing defect...

I'm not certain how to proceed here. I think I may just put silicon all the way around the rubber plug and hope it holds!
AMA #934662
Old 11-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems like everyone is having problems with the tank. Something to look forward to
joallen001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problems with the tank, it looks funky but it should seal fine. Put the plug in and fuel it up to check for leaks.

As for the full size Vbar, I will get some pics up tomorrow hopefully. Finishing the install of the servos now and hope to do Vbar setup tomorrow. I'm going to mount it on the side of the frame where the plastic electronic trays go.

Team Scorpion
Old 11-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally got the stupid rubber plug into the tank only to find out that there is no way that 85mm measurement can be correct. The clunk hits the back of the tank and there is so much clunk line left that it can easily get stuck in a vertical position and be sucking air instead of fuel.

EDIT:

Ok, I think this may be a problem with the manual. The tank itself measures 85mm inside dimensions... so the 85mm measurement must be for the whole assembled clunk plus the plastic nipple... if you cut the clunk line at 85mm, it will hit the back of the tank and fold itself backwards.
AMA #934662
Old 11-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for pointing that out. Did you get a final measurement on the clunk line or just measure the whole assembly?
joallen001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No problems with the tank, it looks funky but it should seal fine. Put the plug in and fuel it up to check for leaks.

As for the full size Vbar, I will get some pics up tomorrow hopefully. Finishing the install of the servos now and hope to do Vbar setup tomorrow. I'm going to mount it on the side of the frame where the plastic electronic trays go.
I'm ready to mount the vbar today, so ill post a pic of mine so we can compare.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in