Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Quick World Wide

Quick World Wide QWW Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 06:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New President of Quick World Wide

Would just like to introduce myself. My name is Clark Driggs. I am the new president of QWW.

A little bit about myself: I have 14 years military service. I am still in the National Guard flying UH-60 Black Hawks. Just got back in Sept from a years tour in Iraq flying Medevac.
I spent 9 of my 14 years as an Apache and Black Hawk crew chief/mechanic. You can say I love helis no matter if they are RC or not. I have been flying RC for 16 years. It's what motivated me to fly the real ones. I have the best of both worlds now. I fly real heli's for the Guard and I am the president of a Heli manufacturer. What else could I ask for.

I know alot of you out there may not like QWW because of personality issues with a certain individual, but that should be no more. You can deal with me. I will support every customer 100%. The quality of the product has always been there too. You can look at our new electric heli's and we will be coming out with a new nitro & gas line also. All in time. If you have any questions of me please email me at clark@quickworldwide.com or call the shop.
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2007, 08:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have 14 years military service
That should help when dealing with Irwin.
Havoc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2007, 08:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Congratulations on your new endeavor. Are you going to be a remote president? the company is right hear in PA up the road a bit from me.
hoot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2007, 09:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I never had any problems dealing with Irwin
AMA #913061
"No you can't fly it"
Steeltoes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2007, 02:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got your Pm Clark. Great to hear. I haven't had a problem with Irwin either. The gasser is really quite nice. I'm living in the Easton area about 25 min from Coopersburg. I would like to know if you will be in Coopersburg or Florida or elswhere for that matter. Take care.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Clark,
Congratulations.
Just curious. Is this a figure head title only? Or do you actually have a financial interest in the company?

Harsh questions, but just curious.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2007, 10:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is Quick WW different from Quick UK?
Pistol Pete is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2007, 10:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Quick WW different from Quick UK?"

Totally different company
Old 12-30-2007, 05:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

They got some kind of relationship with them. Did at some point with Quik of Japan too. Not sure of the details other then some heresay.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I do have an equitable position in the company. I am slowly trying to get moved north, but still have commitments with the FL National Guard. So, I go back to FL one week a month for training.

Quick UK and QWW have not business relationship.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool. This means we'll be seeing you there from time to time. Excellent.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

thought I would add to the thread but It seams clark forgot to tell all that he resigned or is no longer with qww. SO its the old crew there still. Just be carefull there are many review happending on rr to confirm their substanduard quality or not. Guess we will see if they can clean up their act ??
JEEPWORLD2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2008, 10:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cool!

I have about 60 aluminum servo arms and wheels I need to exchange..
no rush though..

Anthony
Aberdeen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2008, 02:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

here is a new review and look through the whole thing. and form ur own opinions

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t460185p1/
Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

First of all, I have known Irwin since 1989 or so when i lived at West Point, NY and never had a problem with him. I visited his store in Fort Lee often and he was always good to me and my son.
None of us are perfect and I hope that some of those who bash him are not just piling on without ever meeting him.
Perhaps a new person running the company was a good idea so that folks would give the company a fair shake but from the post above it may not happen.
Guess we will see what happens now.

Last edited by heli143; 01-15-2013 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: Spelling
heli143 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heli143 View Post
First of all, I have known Irwin since 1989 or so when i lived at West Point, NY and never had a problem with him. I visited his store in Fort Lee often and he was always good to me and my son.
None of us are perfect and I hope that some of those who bash him are not just piling on without ever meeting him.
Perhaps a new person running the company was a good idea so that folks would give the company a fair shake but from the post above it may not happen.
Guess we will see what happens now.

Dude you need to stop digging up old posts. Also you need to catch up with what is really happening with this company. Irwin has posted other places that he is closing the store front.

He claims that he plans on keeping the web side of the business going. However with the current shape of the web site good luck with that.

I have been to the shop, and talked with Irwin several times in person. With that said I will not miss his shop or products.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey can I resurrect this thread? I was talking to someone this weekend and we got to talking about QWW.

I know that Irwin has passed away. No matter how you felt about him, he was a big part of model helicopters for a lot of years. Is there anything left of QWW? It's just idle curiosity. I'm not looking for parts or anything. I'm just curious what became of the business.

Bill
Old 03-28-2015, 09:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

In a barn just out side of Coopersburg PA is a large stock pile of QWW kits and parts. However there is no one there that knows anything about them, just Irwin's wife who knows nothing of the hobby.

There was a former employee that was going to help keep it going but he disappeared many months ago.

While there are other knowledgeable hobby people in the area, none of them are willing to touch or deal with any QWW product, my self included.

QWW is dead, and it will not be missed.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

The company was willed to Jon youhas when Irwin past. He is there m-f and sat 9-12. Sadly Jon is just selling off what he has n doesn't plan to make any new models I ve tried to talk him onto a heavy lift for agar purposes and quads which he no interest in. Very sad to see qww dead in the water
Old 03-30-2015, 10:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
While there are other knowledgeable hobby people in the area, none of them are willing to touch or deal with any QWW product, my self included.

QWW is dead, and it will not be missed.
I never had a problem with Irwin. Matter of fact he was a good friend of mine. I will miss QWW and Irwin a great deal. It's a shame that there are some on here without the maturity to post anything other than drivel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in