Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Zyx s2 gyro settings

I'm setting this up on a 300x, it seems no matter how high I put my transmitter gain, gain in the basic screen, or collective compensation value it is still swinging it's tail with hard collective inputs. How have you guys solved this?
eness76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2014, 08:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have not noticed a problem. I have a 250 and a 450 with ZYX-S2. Both have tail total gain on basic screen of 100. Tail comps are 0. In the transmitter both have HH gain (0) of 60. Any higher and I start getting wag like normal.
On pitch pumps the tail stays 0 to 10 degrees I would guess. The tail holds pretty good in wind.
The only funny thing I noticed was when setting up rate mode, I got more wag the more I reduced the gain down away from 50 . So I set the rate gain (1) to 45
jbilliter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks, I went back and reset to your settings, as I wasn't running the tail gain in the basic screen at 100. I tested it this morning before work, and while better I'm still getting a significant swing on pitch pumps. I started with my transmitter (DX7s) gain set at 60 as you stated, and went all the way to 85 but got the wag. 78 seems to be the highest I can run it and avoid the wag, but on hard pitch pumps I got it to yaw over 90 degrees.

Does anybody know if any of the PID gains would help this? Otherwise I guess I'll go back into the collectice / tail compensation menu in advanced. Thanks again.

Last edited by eness76; 04-23-2014 at 12:52 PM..
Old 04-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which way does the tail go when climbing? Does it go the opposite at the top of the pitch pump?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

It swings the tail to the right as you'd expect from the torque of the rotor.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I suppose you have checked the normal reasons for lack of tail force. Slipping belt or gears or pulleys, slipping rotor on tail shaft, etc.
Sitting on the bench in HH, if I jerk the tail right 45 degrees or so, I get nearly max pitch on the tail blades.
Does it piro right OK when flying?
Old 04-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I may have sorted it some. It has all the original equipment and setup in it, except for the beastx, and I had assumed the tail pushrod would be adjusted correctly. Tonight when I popped it into rate mode to check it yawed left (tail right) pretty strongly. It took 7 turns in on the pushrod to correct and hover in rate without wandering. When I went back to hh, my gains were too high and I had a strong wag. Once I reduced those it was much better, just a slight tail to the right on full pitch pump. I wonder if the tail precomp in the advanced menu can cure the rest.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Update

I ran the tail collective and cyclic compensation first to 5 and ultimately to 7 in both field under advanced settings and the tail holds rock solid in pitch pumps and multiple flips. Fff and fbf both are locked in now, no wagging etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in