Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Xxtreme 700 v. Xxtreme 800

I was wondering how the Xxtreme 700 flies compared to the Xxtreme 800. I'm guessing the 700 has a faster feel to it? Other than that do they feel comparable? The reason I ask is that I am flying the Xxtreme 800 and a trex 700 right now. I often fly alone and alternate heli's as I wait for motors and ESC's to cool between flights and am noticing that those two heli's fly so differently that especially when I'm trying to learn new moves switching between the two is kind of messing me up. I love the Xxtreme 800 and that is what I really enjoy and was wondering if the Xxtreme 700 might be close enough to the 800 that I wouldn't feel all that different or is my best option for a second heli really just another Xxtreme 800? Looking for some thoughts here from those who have flown both.

Thanks!

Goblin 770 Comp, XXtreme 800, XXtreme 700, Kraken 580, TRex 450 Dominator, GooSky S2, Futaba CGY760's and 32MZ
gadawg58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kyle and I have discussed this comparison at length in the past (and still do from time-to-time).

Frankly, the two helis are not similar enough to use one to practice with, and expect it to translate over to the other like they were the same. The added weight and size of the 800 as compared to the 700, just can't be negated simply by have the same power-to-weight ratio between the two helis.

Kyle says the 800 can be made as fast in cyclic (within reason) as the 700, but the collective response of the 800 is just "different". No mater how much power you put behind the blades of the 800 (and Kyle's flown some more powerful than stock combos on the 800), the heli still has a feel in the collective as being larger and heavier than the 700.

Now with some careful set-up manipulations, the two sizes can be made more similar to some degree for sure. But apples to apples, they are just different.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 03:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Dave,

use Kyle every the stock combo powertrain on the 800er?
Sky_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the answer Dave ... that was exactly what I was looking for. Now I guess I'll have to just go buy another Xxtreme 800. Darn!

Goblin 770 Comp, XXtreme 800, XXtreme 700, Kraken 580, TRex 450 Dominator, GooSky S2, Futaba CGY760's and 32MZ
Old 11-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My opinion has alway been that unless your a competition pilot it is kind of useless to have two of the exact same machines, but to each his own. If you could buy two sports cars would you buy two Porsche 911's? Having two machines that fly slightly different can actually make you a better pilot.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I totally agree with don-dadda, I like flying DIFFERENT machines!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ Sky,

I think you're asking if Kyle runs the stock combo on his 800 XXtreme. Yes he does.

If you search "Kyle Dahl" on YouTube, all of the videos that come up that feature Kyle flying the Logo 800, ALL are using the stock power system. Kyle helped prototyped the system, and although other systems were tested and flown, no videos of those systems are available. Some combos tested were more powerful, but had other problems that eliminated them from a production system (ran too hot, flights too short etc., etc.).

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Oh I fly different machines ... I have 12 in total right now. That's part of my problem is that many of them fly so differently that I'm spending time adjusting to the machine and not just flying. For the first time with the 800 I have a machine that I feel like fits my flying style perfect and if I want to get 8-10 flights before work then I need to fly back to back and I like to let the motor and ESC cool off between flights therefore the need for two so I can alternate. I started thinking about a second 800 a couple of weeks ago when flying with some friends in Houston and noticed that I was only flying the 800 (since others were around and had plenty of time to let the electronics cool off between flights) and made more progress that day then I had in quite a while since I wasn't constantly adjusting to the feel of a different heli. That's why I was wondering what the Xxtreme 700 felt like. I think for me a second 800 may be the right decision as I am trying to get a lot better with that heli since its my favorite. And no ... I don't have two porsche 911's but then you don't need to let them cool down every 4 minutes either! I really appreciate the feedback here guys and I hope I'll get to see some of you at the Orlando Heli Blowout in December!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in