Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2016, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New XP-3A and just hear beep beep beep

I recently burned up my XP-3A by accidentally switching the battery wires. Duh! I replaced it with the last one in Megas stock. He said it had the old blheli on it, because he's having trouble lately when he updates it. Not sure if this has anything to do with this problem. I kind of doubt it, but here's what's happening.

Just some background, my original was a pjacq setup. Also, I know the main board is fine, because I took it from another working stock heli.

Soldered everything up (correctly this time) and after binding all I hear is a repeating slow beep beep beep beep. What am I missing? Does that mean there's something wrong with something, or do I just need to do another step? Please help.

Thanks,
hookedonflying
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2016, 01:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonflying View Post

Soldered everything up (correctly this time) and after binding all I hear is a repeating slow beep beep beep beep. What am I missing? Does that mean there's something wrong with something, or do I just need to do another step? Please help.

Thanks,
hookedonflying
A continuous beep mean with out the initialization tones usually means the ESC isn't getting a signal. Another possibility is the ESC is stuck entering TX program mode for some reason.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
A continuous beep mean with out the initialization tones usually means the ESC isn't getting a signal. Another possibility is the ESC is stuck entering TX program mode for some reason.
It is getting a signal, because when I move the throttle up and down there is a correct response from the tail, however it just continues with the single beep every second. If the motor wasn't getting a signal, then we wouldn't hear a beep, either, right? So it seems to me that power is flowing through, but something is amiss. Maybe you're right about the TX program mode, but looking through the blheli manual I can't figure out how to get in or out with my TX.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is this a double brushless setup?
Old 02-20-2016, 09:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Is this a double brushless setup?
It is not. I am currently uploading a video showing the problem. Hope it clears things up. It really seems like I'm locked in a TX programming mode. I'll post the video shortly.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know, originally I thought maybe it needed me to calibrate the high and low throttle, but I have no idea how to do that, or if it even needs to be done with this. I'm sure the answer is simple, but I'm just confused. Haven't worked with this to great extent. Always just soldered it up and flew away. No programming done by me.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

No need to calibrate anything. The tail will work because the 3-n-1 controls it directly. No middle man. The main brushless motor is controlled by the ESC, the middle man, which gets it's signal from the 3-n-1. Another thought is the Input polarity is not set to reverse and so the ESC isn't recognizing the signal from the 3-n-1. Easiest way to check that without a toolstick is to pick up the positive main motor signal from the back of the 3-n-1.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No need to calibrate anything. The tail will work because the 3-n-1 controls it directly. No middle man. The main brushless motor is controlled by the ESC, the middle man, which gets it's signal from the 3-n-1. Another thought is the Input polarity is not set to reverse and so the ESC isn't recognizing the signal from the 3-n-1. Easiest way to check that without a toolstick is to pick up the positive main motor signal from the back of the 3-n-1.
Ooo, you're right, I didn't think of the tail being controlled by the 3 in 1. I'm a little confused about what you're saying about the picking up the positive main motor signal from the back of the 3 in 1. I don't want to fry anything. Here's the video. I disconnected the tail motor for obvious reasons. Left the servos attached so you could see my input better. Also, I see that by default the input polarity is set to positive, so my guess is that maybe you're on to something there. Now to figure out how to switch it.

Blheli arming troubles Nano CPX Wild (1 min 42 sec)
Old 02-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's the part I'm seeing in the blheli instructions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	636419  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in