Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default YGE 160 settings?

Just checked mine with the program card for the 1st time and noticed two things:
-The card appears to be set in "Auto-Lipo" as no cell count is given
-The Start-up shows "Heli-middle / Plane Slow"

I can understand the Auto Lipo, but we usually run "Heli-middle/Plane Fast" supposedly for best throttle response w/ VBAR governor. Is the "Plane/Slow" setting correct?
zguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The last time I plugged-in a program card to a Mikado supplied YGE (it's been awhile, like 6 months ago), those were the settings displayed.

Since then, we've just done the "plug-and-play" thing with our YGE's from Mikado. (-:

The only experience we have with the YGE is what little we've learned from using them on the Logo 700...which hasn't been much, as we just plug them in when we get them, and go fly.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply Dave!
In communication with Heino at YGE and he says the ESC should be pre-set at "Heli-middle/Plane middle".
Any chance you can confirm w/ Mikado as to what throttle response setting is recommended for VBAR gov?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zguy View Post
In communication with Heino at YGE and he says the ESC should be pre-set at "Heli-middle/Plane middle".
Any chance you can confirm w/ Mikado as to what throttle response setting is recommended for VBAR gov?
On the logo 800 xxtreme version of the esc, some of these YGE settings are " locked down" so cannot be changed with the program card. I wonder if that is true also on the one they include in the 700 bundle
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know if the YGE's in the 700 are (as they are refer to), as "locked down".

I do know this. Kyle and I helped a new Logo 700 owner set-up his 700 today. All we did was plug it all in, set the motor end points, gear ratio, and motor pole count (standard set-up stuff with the V-Bar's gov), did nothing to the ESC, and it performed perfectly.

Nice smooth run-up, and held head speed like the V-Bar gov does.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zguy View Post
UPDATE-
Heino now states that the YGE160HV is meant to come with "Heli-middle/Plane Slow". The reason for plane-slow is to limit current spikes.
This is in conflict with all current recommendations to get the quickest throttle response for external gov.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in