Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Logo 400SE Belt Quality

Is there a better quality belt that will fit the Logo 400SE. Mine does not run smoothly over the pulleys. I can feel more resistance than there should be and the teeth are clicking in and out. The belt on my Logo 500 runs very smooth after 100's of flights, not like this. At first I thought it was the bearings so I just now changed them, front and back.I have the whole tail unit out of the air frame here in my hand. The only way I can make the belt run remotely smooth is to have it so loose that I can make the two side meet when I pinch them and it would not be flyable like that. I can't remember if it was like that when I built the heli. It has only about 50 flights on it. Perhaps I just got a bad one. Anyone else had this issue? Before I buy another Mikado belt, is there an after market belt of better quality?
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't answer your question but I can say what you are experiencing with your 400 I had happen with my 500. I can only think at some point I had the belt badly adjusted and it got damaged some how even though there is nothing visibly wrong with it.

I could see that it didn't stay in the front pulley on the pull side. The belt rode up just a little and then dropped back down.
Andy from Sandy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for chiming in. I will probably just order a new stock belt but no point ordering it before Monday so there's still time for alternative belt suggestions. I was wondering if there is a Kevlar belt like the one I use on my Logo 600.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

New stock Mikado belt fitted. The problem is actually worse. It feels really coggy when I turn it by hand. It gets smother if I reduce the belt tension but at that point the belt is so loose that the two sides meet when I gently pinch them. I have the CF tail box actually. So far I've replaced the both front and rear bearings, rear tail pulley, tail shaft and finally the belt. I will try some silicone lube but if that doesn't work then I might try the stock tail box.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Logo 400SE Belt Quality

Is the tail output shaft binding? Are the cf tail cases perfectly parallel to each other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset View Post
Is the tail output shaft binding? Are the cf tail cases perfectly parallel to each other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, you solved a lot of my problem. The output shaft wasn't binding but the CF tail case sides were not parallel. I forgot to mention I'm also using this CNC Tail Boom Holder from HawkRC.

http://www.hawk-rc.com/index.php?rou...roduct_id=1389

It turns out that its actually narrower than the supplied Aluminum Cross Member. This was causing the right hand CF frame side to fan outwards and the tail shaft was angled just slightly towards the front of the heli. I couldn't see it with my eyes but when I put a setsquare up against the boom I could see a slight gap. This was causing the rear tail pulley to be at a slight angle to the belt. I put just now 4 washers on the right hand side of the Tail boom Holder to space the frame side out a bit and now its all square. This improved the mesh a lot but there was still a little bit of cogging. About half of what there was before. I've applied some Silicone lube to the belt and now it's a little bit smoother still. I think this is about as good as I can get it with this belt, so the next thing to do is spin it up on the bench without blades and see what vibrations Vbar reports.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cool let us know how it goes.
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got the vibes down to about 200 on the Vbar analyzer. It maxed out at 250 on spool up but after the rpm settled it fluctuated between 150 and 200. It was like 400 and something before.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in