Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 05:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Suspected Flight Angles problem on firmware v2.41 - looks like high wind

Hi, I have finally gotten around to testing the HD on my old trusty flybarred TR450SE v1. First I have updated the firmware to the newest v2.41, did the whole quick setup and of course forgot to right down the old gains and flight angles before flashing

So first I have tried a normal "level flight" bailout mode, and ER worked as before, except the flight angles were quite a bit off, of course, so I started adjusting them. Surprise here: the adjustment had no effect. Auto-trim set to off, and I went to the maximum of 10° in the pitch axis and 8° in the roll axis, and no effect. Now, it was quite windy yesterday, so the little 450 was all over the place, but that much adjustment should have a visible effect.

My conclusion is that the adjustment has either no effect or the decimal point got shifted in the firmware and 10.0° now is what used to be 1.0° (I think my old pitch angle was about 1.5-1.8°).

Has anyone noticed a similar behavior, or could it be just some one-off glitch and I should just reflash the firmware again?
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.

Last edited by jperkosk; 11-12-2012 at 06:34 PM..
jperkosk is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Jerry ,
My setup worked fine setting up flight angles with no trouble.
Could be something in your setup or the fact mentioned you were flying in windy conditions

nightflyr is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hmmm, was windy as hell, actually, but then again, it almost always is down here, Rich. A calm day here is when winds are under 20kph, that's my price for 12 months flying season. 10° flight angle should be a very strong input, but of course I'll try again in a calmer weather, yesterday was gusting >30kph. I'll probably flash it again and redo the quick setup first, though, on the off chance that something went wrong there.
Are you confirming that your flight angles worked OK with firmware 2.41?
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Jerry

I had no issues with flight angles on 2.41. I have 1.8 and 2 degrees respectively, and although my set-up with the MB is different to yours, I saw very obvious differences between 0, 0 and the values I ended up with, as I too had forgotten to write them down so I had to work my way up to them, but I did set them on a calm sunny day. I have subsequently done the set-up again, and went straight to those numbers, and everything worked perfectly. Did you see my video, that was a pretty windy day, watch the trees at the end as I land, and also how much difficulty I had getting it down with a moment of collective ballooning, but I had no trouble with the recoveries going to level.

Also, if I can piggy back your post, as it has some relevance, in the past, as with now, I have never bothered to set up inverted flight angles, but if you watch my flight in slow motion, at around 2:25 to 2:35, you might be able to see a recovery which seems to first level to inverted, and then roll out to normal flight. If this is truly the order of events, instead of finding the shortest path there in one go, then it might be prudent to set inverted flight angles too? Perhaps one of the experienced pilots, or FMA support can confirm how an off angle inverted recovery takes place, and if there would be any benefit in setting inverted flight angles. Also how do you go about setting them, just the same values for normal flight, or would you have to set a flight mode to inverted and fly it to test it before you could set them?

Cheers

Sutty

Last edited by sutty; 11-12-2012 at 05:08 PM..
sutty is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
Hi Jerry

I had no issues with flight angles on 2.41. I have 1.8 and 2 degrees respectively, and although my set-up with the MB is different to yours, I saw very obvious differences between 0, 0 and the values I ended up with, as I too had forgotten to write them down so I had to work my way up to them, but I did set them on a calm sunny day. I have subsequently done the set-up again, and went straight to those numbers, and everything worked perfectly. Did you see my video, that was a pretty windy day, watch the trees at the end as I land, and also how much difficulty I had getting it down with a moment of collective ballooning, but I had no trouble with the recoveries going to level.

Also, if I can piggy back your post, as it has some relevance, in the past, as with now, I have never bothered to set up inverted flight angles, but if you watch my flight in slow motion, at around 2:25 to 2:35, you might be able to see a recovery which seems to first level to inverted, and then roll out to normal flight. If this is truly the order of events, instead of finding the shortest path there in one go, then it might be prudent to set inverted flight angles too? Perhaps one of the experienced pilots, or FMA support can confirm how an off angle inverted recovery takes place, and if there would be any benefit in setting inverted flight angles. Also how do you go about setting them, just the same values for normal flight, or would you have to set a flight mode to inverted and fly it to test it before you could set them?

Cheers

Sutty
Hi:

Inverted angles only need to be set if you are using the 3D Mode Level Inverted; otherwise, they have no effect. Also, if you are using the Level In H.Deck Mode, you can not use the 3D mode Level Inverted at the same time; which may also help you in making a decision.
Tim Marks is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
Hi, I have finally gotten around to testing the HD on my old trusty flybarred TR450SE v1. First I have updated the firmware to the newest v2.41, did the whole quick setup and of course forgot to right down the old gains and flight angles before flashing

So first I have tried a normal "level flight" bailout mode, and ER worked as before, except the flight angles were quite a bit off, of course, so I started adjusting them. Surprise here: the adjustment had no effect. Auto-trim set to off, and I went to the maximum of 10° in the pitch axis and 8° in the roll axis, and no effect. Now, it was quite windy yesterday, so the little 450 was all over the place, but that much adjustment should have a visible effect.

My conclusion is that the adjustment has either no effect or the decimal point got shifted in the firmware and 10.0° now is what used to be 1.0° (I think my old pitch angle was about 1.5-1.8°).

Has anyone noticed a similar behavior, or could it be just some one-off glitch and I should just reflash the firmware again?
Hi:

There have been no reports of problems with setting angle in ver 2.41 firmware. If there was a problem, it's likely it would have been found in beta. So, not sure what's going on here. Try a calmer day I think.
Tim Marks is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Marks View Post
Hi:

There have been no reports of problems with setting angle in ver 2.41 firmware. If there was a problem, it's likely it would have been found in beta. So, not sure what's going on here. Try a calmer day I think.
Thanks Tim, that's the answer I was looking for. Will re-flash anyway and try again. Calmer days are hard to come by down here, that's why they invented tequila: heard a story it was a bored monk playing around with agave fermentation out of frustration caused by high winds impeding his r/c hobby

Last edited by jperkosk; 11-13-2012 at 07:27 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in