Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2015, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Optipower Ultra 6s 5000mah 50C "optimized"?

Received a bunch of new packs a few days ago and noticed a couple of the 6s 5000 50C was smaller than the other new 6s 5000 50C and my older units. So I contacted Tony at experience rc and he said they'd next-day out all matching sets, which they did (Fantastic service)! To my surprise all of the packs re-sent to me was of this smaller form factor; same length and width of the older packs but they weren't as thick (44mm compared to 55mm). I also noticed they've got serial numbers now as well, haven't thrown them on a scale but weight feels about the same. Anyone else seeing this yet?
I was assured they are 5000mah 50C, and the eos sentry confirms 6 evenly matched cells. I was told to solder them up and charge and fly. Of course I can verify capacity at the charge cycle, bit it's not going to readily apparent if the discharge rate is what is supposed to be. Nonetheless the guys there said they'd take care of me if I'm not happy and I'm really more curious about the size difference rather than the worried about integrity of the packs, I've gotten nothing but excellent service, so I'll just fly them and see.
AMA #925512 Team Empire/GAUI USA | Team Scorpion | Team Xpert | VTeam
Rc-Heaven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in