Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 300 to 500 leap

Hello guys,
I am a lister on the 300X section, but have started to look to my next bird and figure the 500 class is a good size bird. I really like to scratch build and did planes for years. Got out of the RC hobby about 10 years ago. Been scratch building steam locos for a few years. (hence the handle) However, I got bit this summer and have been flying a 300x since.
I would like to build a 500 using various parts from different birds. I like the Logo500 body style and tried to get the CF cad files offered on the CAD/CAM list but the OP has dropped off the planet and not responding. So I am looking for someone who may have a 500 size frame, be it a Logo or otherwise. I perfer one that is broken, so I can measure it and program the geometry into my CAD system and eventually cut my own. I don't look to fly any crazy 3D stuff. Loops, rolls, and inverted flight is extreme for me....at least for now.
So, if you happen to have a broken 500 frame and feel like donating it instead of throwing it away, PM me. I would happy to pay for shipping. Please, only in the USA.
I am also, playing around with rewinding motors, so if you happen to have a roached motor that could be rewound, let me know.
Oh, almost forgot, I got a question. What is the distance between left and right frames? I know there are probably as many different distances as there are different company brands, but I'm just trying to get a general idea.

Thanks,
Martin, in Kent, Ohio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I only have a trex 500. But ill be watching you to see what you come up with. Very interesting.

HK250SR,Blade 450 3D,Blade 450 X,DX6I, Phoenix V4,Nano CPX, ( Newborn baby Trex 500)
Old 12-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default CAD files in

Well, after much searching on the web, I finally got the CAD files I was looking for. I got the Logo 500, TRex 450, HK 450 CAD files and the TRex 500 CAD files. Eventhough I like the looks of the Logo, I'm starting to lean toward the TRex 500, just because of the availability of parts and it's the size I was looking for. And I'm sure I will need parts after I start flying, or should I say, once it stops flying...suddenly. lol.
I would like to machine my own side frames. I haven't decided if I want to redraw some of the geometry so I can cut the frames out of aluminum, or cut the CF frames. I'm really not concerned with the difference in weight at this time, because a little heavier bird will be less responsive and tamer to start with, then I can pick up a lighter frame later.
I am probably going to strip out the BeastX from the 300 and use that in the 500.
Knowing that everyone has their preferences, dare I ask for suggestions? Why not.
So I will first describe the kind of flying I intend on doing. I don't have any desire to do insane 3-D stuff. I do like to pull loops, rolls, and get inverted. I would consider tic-toks to be the limit of my "extreme". With that in mind, I will now try to describe the kind of build I am looking to do. I am looking for mid-range priced components except for the ESC, and will probably go to the mid-upper side for that. Not looking to run high head speeds. Probably something with a 14T or 15T pinion. Belted tail. FBL head.
So, if you have any suggestions for components, please include where you can find them.
I'm not opposed to used components, just so they aren't abused.
I would also welcome any insite as to what components to "steer clear" of. And that goes for any online vendors to shy away from.
Thanks in advance,
Martin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in