Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default **Feedback** LA3D Classic Fun Fly (pilots, vendors & fans) Leave Your Remarks

Hi all,
Most of us can agree that this years LA3D Fun Fly was a great event. I was really impressed by the turn out and enjoyed meeting a lot of great new people.

I would love to hear everyone's feedback on the event. Please let us know anything that could make the event even bigger and better next year!!

Thanks, Mike
mrcammy187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2008, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

You to get the Red Bull Girls and the HOOTERS Girls to show up. Get to work Mike you only have 361 days left.

Harold
hkellum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2008, 06:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well i had a great time so not much in my opinion to improve on. The lines were not that bad, the pit action was fun. so if next year is the same as this it will still be .
sonofcar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Competitors Vs. The Might Wind

Hey I thought we should give out big props to all the contest competitors.... They did an incredible job flying in 20mph constant with gusts up to 40mph... The 450 guys did awesome!!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

As already posted:

I have video from the contest in mine DV format. I lack the resources to put it on line, if anyone can do this and want's to take on this task, I'd be happy to send the tape out so it can be posted on line.

Footage is very good quality.

please email me @ lotafunmitch@yahoo.com with an address to send it to. Just send it back is all I ask. Thanks.

Mitch

I would prefer it was posted/hosted on helifreak.
Lota Fun R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2008, 11:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcammy187 View Post
Hey I thought we should give out big props to all the contest competitors.... They did an incredible job flying in 20mph constant with gusts up to 40mph... The 450 guys did awesome!!
The wind wasn't any help with a 90 either. Something you would have to experience to fully appreciate.

The wind wasn't kind.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

Sorry Mitch... did not mean anything bad by that 450 comment
Old 10-15-2008, 02:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

No worrys.

I have some really good footage of the event and would like to see it get out there and be seen.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

I think it should be moved to the spring since there won't be any wind and it's pretty warm out. Only possibility is rain.
Either way it was a great event!
Shockwave 3K is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

Default Another Date for Fun Fly 2009? 2 Dates maybe??

Rain is very rare around here... Who knows, maybe if we get enough positive feedback from others and if the Valley Flyers liked our turnout, then maybe we will have 2 shows a year... Anything is possible!!
Old 10-22-2008, 03:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had a pretty good first experience at the event. It sounded like most guys were much happier that it was cold rather than stiffling hot like last year! Here's my opinion on a lot of stuff that happened at the event:

Pros: Lots of spectators, pilots and vendors showed up. Very nice facility with excellent staff and plenty of room for people to set up tents/booths/stations. Lots of interesting things to look at (scale models, camera ships, manufacturers [eg. Align, Avant, Compass, JR, Mikado, Thunder Tiger, etc.], Noontime demos were pretty neat, Huge raffle giveaways (sold out on tickets!) on-site food and refreshments, Decent PA system, and actual restrooms!

Cons: The weather was a bit worse than expected, the vendors didn't stay all weekend, flight-line rules were a bit confusing, the music was very bland or didn't seem to match the group that was there (seemed like '30's or '40's music-lots of it was sung off key too), helis got booted out Sunday afternoon (or at least relegated to the small circle fields on the south end of the facility), and parking was a bit of a pain (even for the handicap people!).

Hopefully that helps and it was not intended to be whiney, just an honest opinion. Thanks for the great event guys! It was well worth it to me
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 01:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hoping to get a video of the amatuer competition up soon. stay tuned.........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in