Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Multiplex FunCopter

Multiplex FunCopter Multiplex FunCopter Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default where to buy?

I am a huge FP fan as I started out with a Blade 120 SR. I now have 3 of them! One is the red body with RKH aluminum upgrades, one is fitted with a custom Nine Eagles MD 500 fuse with lights, and one has custom canopy and paints for night flying. I really enjoy flying them and have no interest in 3D flight with CP.

What I would like to do is buy an ARF version of this chopper and fit it to a custom fuselage. I am reading the monster thread at RCG also. I will be buying a mcp8 to learn CP, but I still want a large FP bird too.

So where can I get a ARF from?

I would like to build an upgraded FC.
Blade CX3/UMX Beast/HK J3cub/Champ
Mr.Firemouth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

OK, I found the rest of the links at Horizon. Originally only the RR version was coming up. Now I see the parts pages and the "Kit" page there. Also is BPhobbies OK? They have it cheaper and the HS-MG servos on sale.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Those are the two sites I use. Good choice on getting the ARF. If you're going to modify you might want to check the price on parts only and not get any tail section parts them add $15 for align 500 boom and $30 for hk 500 tail and $5 for 85mm rotor blades $50 for a belt kit and see if it less expensive that way, you will also benefit going this route because you'll get the v2 motor don't think ARF is shipping with v2 motor
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2011, 01:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks,ATC!
Like I said, I own 3 B120SR's and none of them are stock. I fly with a DX8 and have an extra AR8000 receiver. I also have the telemetry module. I would like to build a super xtreme FC, add lights, telemetry, and try to fit a custom fuse. I think it would be great to have.

I have invested over $500 in 120SR parts and upgrades and really enjoy it! I have an anometer for the wind and try to fly under 7mph, I flew one day with fully upgraded 120 and Xtreme motor at 13 mph and it was crazy, it was like surfing air!

I am used to repairs and hardly ever crash anymore. I will try to get a video of the 120 in the MD500 body flying at dusk with the lights on and flashing. My buddy helps me build and paint these too so it is cool that I have help! The wind has been around 30mph the last few days in St. louis. Once I get a chance I will fly my micro FP MD500! I loved ATC's MD500 before the crash.

The 120 has a self stabilizing fly bar to help in hovers. Is the FC similar or does it require a lot of stick work with aileron/elevator to stay level?
Old 10-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i'm the site owner for a dedicated FC site found here yeah, that MD500 fuse was awesome, but it was a corona 120 and not a FC inside. I'm doing another FC build from parts and will probably cut the 'nose' off the FC frame so I can stuff it into another MD500 fuse, this fuse will be for a 500 class, the other one I had was a 450 class fuse.

I'm a total FP guy too, although I do have a couple CP's but they are GIANT gassers, about a 6' rotor disc.

once you get your FC going, check out the CF flybar, the feedback that I've received so far is that it's like flying a different heli, extremely responsive.

i'm pretty sure i've priced out a parts only FC with the 500 tail and it came out pretty close to a ARF price.

looking forward to those videos
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, first ATC made his video of the Hughes 500 conversion on a Corona 120 that got me thinking about trying this with a Funcopter......

http://www.youtube.com/user/agilent2...27/MOwWXhaZDzM

Then I saw this video that recently got posted of a Hughes 500 on a Funcopter V2! That means he is running a with the new motor!.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAT8TXoSiV8[/ame]

Then I saw this guy and.......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJe5oY6b1FI&NR=1[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dhk4cMyrVQ&feature=related[/ame]

I am completely sold that this is my mission! I was going to get a mcpX to play indoors this winter, and still may, and then was going to go with a Blade 450D or Align 600 after I got good with CP, but this changes all that!

I thought the only way I could have a large scale heli was to go CP, glad people are creative! here is the video I promised of my 120sr with Hughes 500 from 9 Eagles. I just about gave her a nose job! LOL I did not have it completely trimmed out. I plan on adding some aluminum upgrades. Just the mainshaft, swash from RKH, the anti-rotation collar, and the rotor head and grips. I am also going to add the Xtreme motor to add lift.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ut78BNtsjo[/ame]
Old 10-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

very kewl stuff, now i'm also really motivated to get my FC going again and stuff it in a fuse

nice night gear! lol, quck reaction
Old 10-22-2011, 10:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

There's a FunCopter minus gyro, receiver, and battery for sale in the HF classifieds.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Firemouth View Post
OK, I found the rest of the links at Horizon. Originally only the RR version was coming up. Now I see the parts pages and the "Kit" page there. Also is BPhobbies OK? They have it cheaper and the HS-MG servos on sale.
Kinda late, but I wanted to let you know that BP Hobbies are good folks.
gale155 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in