Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 08:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

"What's a decent BEC that would work on 12S? "

Here's one:

http://www.western-robotics.com/herc...BECPRO_hp.html

It can be installed using two output leads (as shown on the photograph of my Atom 5.5 above) or, in demanding situations like 700 sized helicopters, it can be installed using its built-in power bus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2014, 09:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CC PRO BEC power

Yep, that's what I run!
Old 02-03-2014, 08:49 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have talked with CC and they said not to use a 2s lipo with a bec pro. its much much safer to run a 3 or 4s with it. just shoot them an email and they will give you the run down all about it.

also as far as wight goes, that should be the last thing on your mind. your talking about 700 after all. adding anything less than 1 pound would be un noticeable i would think....
TREX 700E PRO DFC w/AR7200BX
songer121 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by songer121 View Post
i have talked with CC and they said not to use a 2s lipo with a bec pro. its much much safer to run a 3 or 4s with it. just shoot them an email and they will give you the run down all about it.

also as far as wight goes, that should be the last thing on your mind. your talking about 700 after all. adding anything less than 1 pound would be un noticeable i would think....
Gonna have to look into that, used a 2s oack on my 50 and 90 so guess ill email them and see why, ready to just run the 615s off 2s like i did with my 610s and see what happens, they held up for years off 2s
Old 02-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #25 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:

Your point as to weight might generally true, but not for wild flying in Germany - we have a 5kg borderline - anything beyond that is not allowed and not insured. My 700 weighs 4.993 g - so there's not much room to add more weight.
PetJumper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 03:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Got a response from cc and they said 2s is fine and they reason they recomend 3s is to be able to use a smaller pack. I might just go with the hyperion life pack though, little cheaper than the bec
Old 02-07-2014, 07:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

A life pack will sag a little under load. I use one on my 550. It sags down to 5.5v from 6.5v. Not that big a deal but something to be aware of. The BEC should regulate the voltage a little better and have less sags under load since with 2s lipo you have 8ish volts coming in and only 6.5v going out.
AUSS1E is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2014, 08:49 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

that's strange... getting 2 different answers is worry-sum to me lol....

im not gonna lie, i ran a 2s all last season before i contacted them and thats when i switched it up because of them telling me that.

im about to just buy some torq servos and be done with it... or the new align 800 servos.

only problem is they are just so dang expensive.... i could sell mine i have now but i dont think they go for that much anymore....

what would some brand new like, only around 10-15 flights 700 and 750 hv's go for?
TREX 700E PRO DFC w/AR7200BX
songer121 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2014, 10:46 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:

what would some brand new like, only around 10-15 flights 700 and 750 hv's go for?
No clue as I would never buy used servos. I simply wouldn't trust 'em. The Graupner/SJ HBS 860s I use in both birds are about 55 Euros(65 US $) a piece, strong, fast and reliable.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Even used hv servos were out of my budget for just cyclic around 280 to $300 thats why i went 615 cause im a cheapskate and the 610s never let me down so these should do the trick
Old 02-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSS1E View Post
A life pack will sag a little under load. I use one on my 550. It sags down to 5.5v from 6.5v. Not that big a deal but something to be aware of. The BEC should regulate the voltage a little better and have less sags under load since with 2s lipo you have 8ish volts coming in and only 6.5v going out.
I attached telemetry data of my T-Rex 550E (DS610 servos) with a 1100mAh LiFe pack (Zippy) as Rx pack. I changed the pack between flights. It pretty much stays around 6.5V and it was some fairly hard flying with (bad) tic tocs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Receiver.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	485431  
Old 02-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well thats good to know, hmmm what to go with bec or life. Decisions decisions. When you say hard flying do you mean continuosly hard flying or hard flying mixed in with some other stuff? On second thought after looking at the graph ima go bec. The voltage dips here and there and just dont want a brown out, or risk of one. Aahh who cares all these decisions are making me nuts. Ima close my eyes and order and be done with it. Lol
Old 02-08-2014, 04:23 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar78 View Post
Well thats good to know, hmmm what to go with bec or life. Decisions decisions. When you say hard flying do you mean continuosly hard flying or hard flying mixed in with some other stuff? On second thought after looking at the graph ima go bec. The voltage dips here and there and just dont want a brown out, or risk of one. Aahh who cares all these decisions are making me nuts. Ima close my eyes and order and be done with it. Lol
Check this out, hamstar http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1331
The mikado people did a thorough and careful test of a number of servo power options. A regular 2s battery will give in up to 2 V. From an RX perspective that is pretty save.
Does it hamper servo performance? The best performing BEC in this test drops by 1 Volt. Do you feel the difference? I don't. One of my birds operates at 8.4 V, the other (identical setup) at 7.4 V. They feel absolutely the same.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:22 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in