Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2014, 02:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
Lest there be any doubters, watch this video by jmcneil. It shows about how quick you have to be on sticks to pull off an autorotation landing with the 300X. There's not much time to react. But if you have enough height, give it just the right amount of negative pitch and flare right on the deck it is possible.
That is sooo cool! Especially the last one. Great piloting!
thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I always want to know how things work...so I found this article explaining one-way-bearings...at least the type found in larger .90 size nitro powered helis is what this person is talking about.

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t55473p1/

Perhaps I will need to disassemble a Lynx OWB to see if it works the same way. Well I'll see when mine soon arrives.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:19 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

And now you know why a OWB helps ever so slightly "center" an out-of-round main gear and reduce constant impacting shock on the mainshaft jesus bolt.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

just bought the lynx one way. hopefully it was worth it.
Blade 130X - Lynx EOX / Blade 300x - AR7200BX, 2213-3585 / Trex 500ESP DFC - AR7200BX, 500MX / Trex 550e DFC - AR7200BX, 600MX / TSA 600e Pro - AR7200BX, 700MX / TBS Discovery FPV - APM, Sunnysky 980kv/ DX8
jabu32 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 12:20 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mine came in today, I installed it and spooled her up on my test board I made, I really liked how it worked, couldn't fly yet because I'm waiting on a tail shaft and ball links to come in. I'm uslig the stock gear untill I get better because STOCK GEAR $6, LYNX GEAR $16, catch my drift
Old 02-23-2014, 01:28 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyVB View Post
Mine came in today, I installed it and spooled her up on my test board I made, I really liked how it worked, couldn't fly yet because I'm waiting on a tail shaft and ball links to come in. I'm uslig the stock gear untill I get better because STOCK GEAR $6, LYNX GEAR $16, catch my drift
I noticed some of the less crashing pilots still using the stock gear as well. That's good enough for me as I'm still a loose cannon on the sticks.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Parts came in today, Installed and took her out for a fly, All I can say is That OWB is SWEET, Made her much smoother IMO, Flew 3 batts, had to come in cuz it got DARK . No crashes or close calls either, Think I had her about 100ft up this time. Learning more every flight, Hopefully I will try some slow piros soon.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: One Way Bearing

How many shims did everyone's come with. Just installed mine. It had for shims.
Blade 130X - Lynx EOX / Blade 300x - AR7200BX, 2213-3585 / Trex 500ESP DFC - AR7200BX, 500MX / Trex 550e DFC - AR7200BX, 600MX / TSA 600e Pro - AR7200BX, 700MX / TBS Discovery FPV - APM, Sunnysky 980kv/ DX8
Old 02-25-2014, 10:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabu32 View Post
How many shims did everyone's come with. Just installed mine. It had for shims.
I don't recall having any shims included nor do I need them . Just pull your main shaft up as far as it will go then tighten up the grub screws on the collar. Just make sure to install the lower Jesus bolt through the OWB and the mainshaft first.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:28 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine had 4, I left them on.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:54 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same here 4.
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 04:23 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nartac View Post
I don't recall having any shims included nor do I need them . Just pull your main shaft up as far as it will go then tighten up the grub screws on the collar. Just make sure to install the lower Jesus bolt through the OWB and the mainshaft first.
I dont remember any either
Old 02-26-2014, 05:37 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

They're inside the assembly, if you didn't dismantle it you wouldn't have seen them. They all go inside anyway, so really it's not a problem.
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 07:27 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default One Way Bearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryv83 View Post
They're inside the assembly, if you didn't dismantle it you wouldn't have seen them. They all go inside anyway, so really it's not a problem.

That explains it. I'll pull them apart next time if I need a main gear replacement and check them out.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

flew today with my new owb and slanted main gear, i felt no difference, but i like how it spools down now.

it's harder to get the belt on, that's the only difference i saw.
P.I.Engineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: One Way Bearing

Yeah I bought it to be proactive. Wish it didn't cost so damn much but I guess I do get some stickers.....if I put one on my car you think I'll get 85mpg? ?
Old 03-01-2014, 12:11 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya, thought I'd never get the belt around the pulley , but I fussed with it and finally she went on...Then I turned the gear and it was REALLY out of round so I knew I had messed something up and had to take the whole thing apart again. Upon a close inspection of the main gear I saw that I didn't tighten down 2 of the screws to the hub all the way on the main gear. Once I did that and fought to get everything back together AGAIN, Now she was super smooth as it should be.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
Lest there be any doubters, watch this video by jmcneil. It shows about how quick you have to be on sticks to pull off an autorotation landing with the 300X. There's not much time to react. But if you have enough height, give it just the right amount of negative pitch and flare right on the deck it is possible.
Pretty much a very fast controlled landing not a true auto at all, these helis are to small to do a real auto. there is no flare at the bottom. the heli is still dropping.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #39 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
Pretty much a very fast controlled landing not a true auto at all, these helis are to small to do a real auto. there is no flare at the bottom. the heli is still dropping.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:04 AM   #40 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
I would argue that if the power has been cut and the heli didn't come crashing to Earth it is by definition a "true auto". If there were no flare then the heli would have been buried. It was a very smooth and accurate flare with zero margin of error. They're certainly not the most beautiful autos I've ever seen, but the argument that they aren't true is ludicrous.

Watch the video again and tell me you don't think what you're seeing at about 1:00 counts as a flare.

[ame]http://youtu.be/vG9E163pjY8?t=55s[/ame]
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in