Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Jerry, that is precisely my point.

Former Managing Director of Maxxum Robotics Inc.
R_Lefebvre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Problem with NAZA-H

Which is why it should enter the failsafe hover from any flight mode if it is enabled in my opinion.

If the user deems it safer to have the heli crash (and I'm not really interested in arguing this point, if you think it's safer in your particular situation, go for it... I too will make my own choice) then they simply don't enable the failsafe mode. Job done, the option is there. Currently however there is not the direct option to protect your heli with the failsafe hover from all flight modes, despite the software not telling you to the contrary, and instead you have to do a workaround.

To have a failsafe mode that only actually engages from two of the 3 flight modes, in contrast to the similar Naza-M, and not even warn users that this is the case is completely disingenuous at best and I would personally say downright irresponsible of DJI. Take one of FPVflyers first flights a while back as an example - He set up the failsafe as per the manual, and in switching off his controller the software showed it entering the failsafes mode correctly... On his first flight he was flying in manual and hit a few momentary failsafes... you could see the heli reacting poorly. Had those failsafes lasted any longer he may well have lost his heli on the side of a mountain.

I still hope it's a bug, but there has been no word from DJI on the matter. Failsafe should be failsafe no matter what the entry point... If your failsafe is to fall from the sky, that is what it should always do. If your failsafe is to hover, that is what it should always do... I don't see where there is cause for argument on that point.
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only thing I can see here is that, if you are performing 3D acrobatics at low altitude, obviously in manual mode, and you get a failsafe, going into GPS position hold might get fairly ugly. In that case, it might be better to shut off the motor and, uh, let the chips fall where they may.

But I would be curious to know how the system reacts if in fact you don't lose the signal, but say the Rx brown-out, disconnects, or otherwise stops sending a signal. Obviously your workaround won't work. What does the Naza-H do then?

Former Managing Director of Maxxum Robotics Inc.
R_Lefebvre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Please Help with NAZA H

If someone could help I would appreciate it. I purchased the Naza H and put it on my Trex600 esp and got it working perfectly. After testing several times I decided prior that it would be going into a Bell 222 50 size fuselage. Now it worked perfect as I said when I had POD & BOOM and I had the GPS puck on the tailboom towards the back. Ok lets move forward to installing in the Bell 222 and I put the GPS on the floor just in front of where the battery goes on a trex600. Well I take off in manual mode and the Heli flies awesome, it hovers and is just extremely stable. So I take it up to about 25' and switch to GPS Mode and "OMG" the helicopter started to gentle come backwards and then as I tried to control the drift it started really being unstable and very hard to control. I immediately switched out of GPS back to Manual and everything was fine again. It also happens in ATTI Mode. I really don't understand what happened. Now the only things that are different (that I think) are:
the GPS Puck is located forward (which I changed in the naza program) also I didnt recalibrate anything as I didnt think I needed to .....you know when you spin around for the compass. Lastly....When im on the bench and switch to GPS OR ATTI MODE the swash plate tilts to one side, I switch back to manual mode and its perfectly level......Please help if you can...... Thanks
my email is kennethbasteiro@yahoo.com
elbrujo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Problem with NAZA-H

Swash tilt in atti on the bench is normal - it is trying to put the heli into a stable "lean" to offset the tail rotor thrust (you'll note when any heli is hovering, the disc is not level).

You absolutely do need to re-calibrate any time you move the puck or change/move anything. The calibration builds up a "picture" of the magnetic sources on the heli and the Naza can then compensate for them. Move the puck, any electrical component or any ferromagnetic (eg steel) part and the picture changes.

So I'd start there - do a magnetic recalibration and if that doesn't work report back.
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have enjoyed reading the whole thread as it combines and pushes the capabilities of the equipment we all use. I will be using it in a similar FPV setup as R_Lefebvre. I have been flying 2.4 Tx FPV with an F450 / Naza M and the Failsafe RTH feature is the most important part of the system as the quad gets back in your Tx range if you lose signal. Imo the auto landing part is not important and all you need is a hovering heli that can also slowly fly towards the pilot. If you use EzUHF with boost, then all you need is a hovering heli.

My question is doesn't DJI say not to switch to Atti or GPS mode during aggressive Manual mode flights? I guess they do not trust the Naza H going into an Atti/GPS Failsafe hover from possibly an aggressive Manual flight. Is it possible to know the acceptable limits of Manual flight where the Naza H can stabilize the heli going into Atti or GPS modes? Or how bad is the Atti or GPS modes when used as a bail-out function? For example, I read on a thread here that the Align APS would end up in a crash even if you go into GPS mode after any sort of 3D followed by even a 1min stable flight. I think the manual of APS states 30secs of stable flight is enough before GPS mode, but the real life tests show otherwise.
| SAB GREEN GOBLIN 700 | SAB URUKAY | Synergy E5 | Synergy E7SE | 700 Dominator | Futaba 18MZ | T-Rex 500 ESP DFC | Mcpx BLS | Red Bull BO-105 | 180CFX | Kyosho Hyperfly | TBS Disco | Disco Pro | Disco Pro AMOB | Caipi | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |
Hizlimax is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2015, 04:21 PM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good day.

I have an issue with my Naza-H on a Trex 700e FBL heli. I have a futaba radio and switched to a spektrum radio as the futaba belonged to a friend.
I also moved the Naza from under the motor to the front of the heli about 17cm in front of COG.

I have wired the new 7ch spektrum receiver and the naza to the servos. In the DJI software the swashplate is level and everything looks fine. But once I click finish and disconnect from the pc, the swash tilts to the left in manual mode. I restarted the naza and my dx8 radio but one the naza initialises, the swash tilts to the left in manual mode. This frustrates me. I have done the setup like 6 times but no progress.

I really wanna see this 700e fly. A friend gave it to me as a gift!

Can you assist me please?
chad84 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2017, 05:52 AM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default failsafe

flying my new Roban Bell 222 800 size with Naza-h and looking in to failsafe settings.

In some posts I read that when flying in manual mode and switching to failsafe (tx off) the heli will not hold position?

Ok, so I was thinking...

There is a video on how to setup the failsafe. In the software assistant you have the bar with manual-atti-gps-failsafe switch positions. The video gives instructions on how to setup the software to switch in failsafe-mode.
I have this setup programmed at the moment.

But...

Wouldn't it be better to make the position switch to GPS instead of failsafe???
So in case you're flying in manual mode and signal is lost the mode simply switches to GPS instead of failsafe?
bat68be is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2017, 06:16 AM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat68be View Post
flying my new Roban Bell 222 800 size with Naza-h and looking in to failsafe settings.

In some posts I read that when flying in manual mode and switching to failsafe (tx off) the heli will not hold position?

Ok, so I was thinking...

There is a video on how to setup the failsafe. In the software assistant you have the bar with manual-atti-gps-failsafe switch positions. The video gives instructions on how to setup the software to switch in failsafe-mode.
I have this setup programmed at the moment.

But...

Wouldn't it be better to make the position switch to GPS instead of failsafe???
So in case you're flying in manual mode and signal is lost the mode simply switches to GPS instead of failsafe?
Hi, is not the same cos if you set failsafe, not only will affects the atti-GPS-manual switch, but also center all sticks and set throttle to not cut motor.
Titusx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2017, 06:58 AM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't want to have all servos centered in failsafe!
I want the heli to keep level and in position, like GPS-mode.
Don't have esc signal running over naza but straight to RX.
I can programm the motor channel to keep the flat curve 65% when going into failsafe.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:48 AM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Correct me if I'm wrong but when failsafe is just centering the swash servos it will crash very fast, no?
Failsafe should keep on leveling the heli, just like atti mode.
And best off all would be autoleveling + positionhold like GPS mode.

Nobody seems to have the exact answer for the failsafe function...
Is it centering servos and keep them centered?
Is it autoleveling? Is it holding position?
Is the failsafe function influenced by the mode you were flying in at that moment?

I simulated failsafe on the bench. When turning off the TX,
the naza flips to "failsafe" with red light flashing on the LED.
At that point I noticed that the ruddergyro heading hold keeps on working.
So the rudderservo is not centering when entering failsafe!
Old 02-21-2017, 07:54 AM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

But I forgot to check if autoleveling kept working. Grrr...
Will do that later this week.
Positionhold is hard to check on the bench though.
Will have to bring it outside and move the heli around (in failsafe) and see if the swash directs it back to initial postion.
Testing-testing ;-)
Old 02-21-2017, 08:41 AM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't say that it center the servos, I said that it center the sticks, the failsafe send center sticks signal to the Naza, and the Naza will keep the heli level hovering, no matter what you were doing before.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, that makes sence, sorry for misunderstanding your reply.
Selfleveling is allready a good thing, but what about gps position hold in failsafe?

I would do the test in flight with a 450 size heli, but not with my 800 size $4000 heli
Old 02-21-2017, 02:27 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat68be View Post
OK, that makes sence, sorry for misunderstanding your reply.
Selfleveling is allready a good thing, but what about gps position hold in failsafe?

I would do the test in flight with a 450 size heli, but not with my 800 size $4000 heli
I know what you mean, I have a couple of Mikado XXtreme 800 one with the Naza H and the other with the Ace One!

If GPS or atti mode is enable, then you will have failsafe, if you are flying in normal mode, failsafe will not work. Naza will save throttle position and pitch needed for hovering when you flip from normal mode to atti or GPS, also it records sticks center position for rudder, elevator and aileron. That's why you do not hava to move sticks when switching for normal to atti or GPS.

Position hold will be available if you are in GPS mode, in atti mode you will have some drift.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:33 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default naza m gps to naza h

hi, I'm from Italy, do you know if naza m gps is suitable to naza h FC?
thanks!
fabriziob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in