Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Zeal Rotor Blades

Zeal Rotor Blades Zeal Rotor Blades Support and Discussion

Old 03-19-2016, 06:44 PM   #41
Lighty
Registered Users

Yep, ran the 700mm and 600mm. The blades feel terrible in the air.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:10 AM   #42
raptor50luvver
Registered Users

Just to add to this,i think the Zeals are apalling blades.The brass insert isnt glued into the root and we believe this is why one of our fliers had issues with 105 tails on his 700. He removed the blades to see the roots had deformed badly in the grips and would undoubtably of failed had he not checked them.

We also had flier have a crash with his Logo 550,it went in under throttle hold low inertia and his Zeal mains disintegrated,never ever seen other brand blades blow apart like they did even in a powered crash on a 700.

Zeals on my helis? No thanks,blades are a critical component,so what if Tareq uses them,for all i know he does one flight and throws them away as hes been given something else.

But to trust them on a model with all the stresses flight after flight after flight,,not a chance in Hell from what ive seen,
raptor50luvver is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:51 PM   #43
James Roberts
Registered Users

Default e mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEALBLADES View Post
hi all

Sorry for the issue, we do have lots of things to learn and we will do it right. If you are having issue with the blades and want to return for new sets, we will send you new one. Please email us and we will work it out for you.
I did email zeal blades I got a total run around about how long I had been flying them. ( 4 months). The blades were delaminating, had voids in skin. The skin was just starting to separate. I suspect If I flew them a couple more times they would of failed.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:09 PM   #44
bobbyra
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyra View Post
It is not derogatory and racist.
I did not know vietnam was a race.

Last edited by bobbyra; 04-30-2016 at 05:17 PM..
bobbyra is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:26 PM   #45
TimBaconHeli
Registered Users

Default Go Brian..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
Your assumption that they are made "in a little hootch in Vietnam with no quality control", and showing a picture of some people who appear to possibly be Vietnamese is derogatory, and racist. Your statement is rude, uncalled for, and unappreciated. Simply stating that you don't think it's racist, doesn't make it not racist.

There's only one small problem with your statement, which I agree with. "obviously have their problems with rotor blades" I'll say they "had" problems with some rotor blades.

They have sold thousands of pairs of blades and they did have a handful of issues, but the production issues have been corrected. They're a great blade at a great price.
+1 here. People are so critical and to an unnecessary extent sometimes. Fact is just about everything we buy these days is manufactured overseas. This is a "fact". Not fiction or an opinion. You show me a blade designed, built & manufactured in the US and I'll show you a blade most of us can't afford. There is nothing wrong with overseas manufactured blades and it is true most of them come from the same places. Most couldn't afford otherwise. Also true is some may have some quality control issues an such, but that does not mean all parts are faulty by and stretch of the imagination. Gosh, what a critical Hobby this can be?
Tim
TimBaconHeli is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:20 PM   #46
3Daemon
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBaconHeli View Post
everything we buy these days is manufactured overseas. This is a "fact". Not fiction or an opinion
Oh! Really? Please, say only from your own behalf, do not speak for everyone! Especially such categorically.
In Germany we have HeliTec, SpinBlades
So, I'm personally "never ever" will try to play this "Vietnamese roulette".
Nothing derogatory and racist here. I just had tests of their (Zeal) quality, that's all.
3Daemon is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:47 PM   #47
Solmanbandit
Registered Users

As far as the hooch comment goes, I believe that it was an unnecessary comment and inappropriate to make. Besides that, can we drop it and focus on the point?

I am not a fan of Zeal blades and have had my own issues. I personally will not be giving Zeal any more money.From my experience and seeing many pictures, it is quite evident that quality control is lacking. What is sad is that I have bought tail blades on Ebay for a fraction of the cost of Zeal and have held up better. If Zeal wants to continue being prosperous, then they need to realize that flashy paint jobs only last for so long. I have seen good brand names go under and wasn't because of lack of quality. I am not sure if Radix is still producing or not, but if they are not,it isn't because of quality.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:00 PM   #48
TimBaconHeli
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daemon View Post
Oh! Really? Please, say only from your own behalf, do not speak for everyone! Especially such categorically.
In Germany we have HeliTec, SpinBlades
So, I'm personally "never ever" will try to play this "Vietnamese roulette".
Nothing derogatory and racist here. I just had tests of their (Zeal) quality, that's all.
I admit I should not have lumped everyone in a statement like that, I just hate it when it turns into a "everything from etc" sort of thing. And as such tend to come off a bit harsh. I certainly get I don't speak for everyone, I just hope everyone on this site speaks with everyone else's feeling in mind. Personally I have nothing wrong with Asian production, I wish it were made in America, but understand completely why it can't be. It's a simple cost of production standard and if, say those blades, we're made in the usa, or Germany or otherwise, they'd likely not be $80-90 a set. Western production with its safety standards and high material and energy cost equates to expensive products. Simple economy. But that does not mean all products from other countries don't have a quality piece. That is all up to qc and management. Bad qc can ruin the best company in the world no matter the cost. As far as Zeal is concerned, I'm done speculating, I've had a blade failure with Revolution, so I've experienced one. I'm buying a set of Zeal main and Tails for every heli I own less my ap bird and will also buy a set of the new speed blades to end the insanity, and will fly them to the best of my ability and see if it explodes. Now I have other blades I prefer and will fly most of the season, but I guarantee I'll give these an honest shot and see what happens.
Tim
TimBaconHeli is online now        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Zeal Rotor Blades

Zeal Rotor Blades Zeal Rotor Blades Support and Discussion