START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Low Head Speed Helicopters

Low Head Speed Helicopters Low Head Speed Helicopter Setups and Flying info

Old 10-20-2016, 10:01 AM   #1
trillian
Registered Users

Default Trex 500 lhs / stretch?

Just curious if anyone has tried to get the old style Trex 500 into LHS territory, or even just below 2000 ish. I always had to run mine about 2400 for it to all gel properly. I casually thought about stretching it but then the C of G becomes more difficult as it means moving the battery tray more forward, moving the canopy as well etc.

Maybe it just 'is what it is'. It would be nice to get slightly longer flight times, about 5 minutes was all I could get.

Anyway, I left my Trex in Miami last year as i was planning to go back in the winter (it's still there but no one to disassemble and pack it properly to post it back). So I started thinking about building up another one from all the parts I have.

(please pardon any typos, I'm on a train and some of the track is not smooth! )
trillian is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:11 PM   #2
Nikki5
Registered Users

I have run my Align Trex 500 as low headspeed on standard setup, just used 4s on the 6s setup. Its some time ago, but my impression is that the 500 is not the best low headspeed item..but i guess as stretched it could be better.

BA
Old 11-05-2016, 06:13 PM   #3
im4711
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I do not have any TRex 500 for a few years now since I mainly fly the HD500 machine. Its a bit larger disk compared to Align. However my lowest rpm was around 1050 rpm while I am able to do aerobatic at about 1300 - 1350 rpm.

Means 2000 is a bit of a medium rpm. Still anything around 2000 rpm shall increase flight time and actually at that level you should be able to do almost the majority of the maneuvers.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Low Head Speed Helicopters

Low Head Speed Helicopters Low Head Speed Helicopter Setups and Flying info