Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters

150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:18 AM   #1
cm930
Registered Users

Default Trex 150 swashplate leveler not working on 150X

Has anybody tried to use the Trex 150 swashplate leveler on the 150X?

I tried to use it, but found that it does not seem to work, since Aligned changed both the main shaft and the metal swash on the 150X.

It seems that Align does not make a new swash leveler for 150X.

Too bad since it worked well on my 150.
cm930 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 03:30 PM   #2
jimmy77611
Registered Users

I thought I just got a bad one, but I found the same issue. The hole is too small for the shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jimmy77611 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 08:17 PM   #3
Codepox
Registered Users

I have the lynx one and it is working fine.

https://www.helidirect.com/lynx-lx10...ever-tool.html
Old 12-26-2016, 01:29 PM   #4
mdecker79
Registered Users

Use a small zip tie and slowly spin the shaft. :-)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
mdecker79 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:14 PM   #5
starryalley
Registered Users

The old 150 leveler works on my 150X. It's just a little bit tight to me. But question is where should I place it and adjust 3 servos with it? If I put it where the instruction says, the servo horns don't look perfectly horizontal at all.
starryalley is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:25 PM   #6
cm930
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdecker79 View Post
Use a small zip tie and slowly spin the shaft. :-)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thanks.

But I am not sure how this would work on the 150X.

For example, unlike the Trex 250 DFC, the center of the 150X swashplate is much higher than the arms, so the zip tie won't be able to touch the top of the ball links.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:38 PM   #7
cm930
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryalley View Post
The old 150 leveler works on my 150X. It's just a little bit tight to me. But question is where should I place it and adjust 3 servos with it? If I put it where the instruction says, the servo horns don't look perfectly horizontal at all.
I am not sure either.

I found Align increased the length of the 150X swash-plate arms, so the 150 leveler won't sit on top of the ball links of the 150X swash-plate anymore, even if the leveler fits the main shaft.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:46 PM   #8
dr_boom
Registered Users

Same here too small. But the Lynx one worked for me as well.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:31 PM   #9
cm930
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_boom View Post
Same here too small. But the Lynx one worked for me as well.
Thanks. Good to know. I'll try to get a Lynx one.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:22 PM   #10
starryalley
Registered Users

Is it true that the new 150X's main shaft has a slightly larger diameter than that of the old 150? If it is then it explains why the leveler won't fit or will fit very tightly.

Yesterday I also found the main gears (I bought 2 packs, which are 4 main gears) won't fit on the main shaft also. One of the 4 main gears can fit but I have to push it very hard to get it fit. Now the gear is stripped and I was going to replace it. Unfortunately I can't get it off the shaft. I have to use a pliers. And also I can't get the other 3 to fit.

The part number is H15G001XXW and from Align's website it's for both 150 and 150X (same for the leveler, it says it's for 150X also).

I'm really upset because now I have a broken main gear and my newly purchased main gears won't fit at all, even with brutal force.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:23 AM   #11
krauley
Registered Users

just out of curiousity why do you guys need a swash leveler? for the 150X you 90 your servos in the app, set the blades to 0 degrees and then set the collective and parameters all in the app and it flys great. holds steady in a hover and in the atitude accelerometer settings you can get it to hold in place with those adjustments again in the app. i dont understand a need for the leveler. i didnt own the og 150dfc but i see no reason for the swashplater leveler
PL6 w/Bump Controller-24v PS DX8 gen2
krauley is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 12:22 AM   #12
cm930
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryalley View Post
Is it true that the new 150X's main shaft has a slightly larger diameter than that of the old 150? If it is then it explains why the leveler won't fit or will fit very tightly.
I'm really upset because now I have a broken main gear and my newly purchased main gears won't fit at all, even with brutal force.
I think Align increased the diameter at the top of the main shaft (because there is a new main rotor head for 150X), but not the bottom of the shaft (because there is no new 150X ball bearing for the main shaft).

However, the main gear was always a very tight fit on the 150, so it may be even a tighter fit on the 150X due to the harder steel shaft on the 150X vs the softer 150 aluminum shaft.

In any case, may be you can try either gently heating the aluminum collar of the main gear with a soldering iron, or slightly file the inside of the collar with a metal file.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:35 AM   #13
cm930
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by krauley View Post
just out of curiousity why do you guys need a swash leveler? for the 150X you 90 your servos in the app, set the blades to 0 degrees and then set the collective and parameters all in the app and it flys great. holds steady in a hover and in the atitude accelerometer settings you can get it to hold in place with those adjustments again in the app. i dont understand a need for the leveler. i didnt own the og 150dfc but i see no reason for the swashplater leveler
Yes, it's true that the 150X can fly and piro pretty well without using the leveler, better than the old 150.

But I want to see if using the leveler for more precise adjustment will allow me to do a half-dozen piro's consecutively, without drifting the heli an inch from its position, like in the Youtube videos.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:00 AM   #14
krauley
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm930 View Post
Yes, it's true that the 150X can fly and piro pretty well without using the leveler, better than the old 150.

But I want to see if using the leveler for more precise adjustment will allow me to do a half-dozen piro's consecutively, without drifting the heli an inch from its position, like in the Youtube videos.
i see, yeah i do get drift from mine when attempting to hold a piro but i can get about 4 before i i get too much drift to call it a piro

i will be interested in the results that you guys get......
PL6 w/Bump Controller-24v PS DX8 gen2
krauley is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:57 AM   #15
starryalley
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm930 View Post
I think Align increased the diameter at the top of the main shaft (because there is a new main rotor head for 150X), but not the bottom of the shaft (because there is no new 150X ball bearing for the main shaft).

However, the main gear was always a very tight fit on the 150, so it may be even a tighter fit on the 150X due to the harder steel shaft on the 150X vs the softer 150 aluminum shaft.

In any case, may be you can try either gently heating the aluminum collar of the main gear with a soldering iron, or slightly file the inside of the collar with a metal file.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. So it's already a very tight fit on 150.
I'll definitely try it!
Old 01-05-2017, 09:32 AM   #16
starryalley
Registered Users

I sanded the main shaft for a few minutes and then the main gear is much easier to fit in! Problem solved!

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters

150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.