Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters


150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2016, 11:18 AM   #1
cm930
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Taiwan
Default Trex 150 swashplate leveler not working on 150X

Has anybody tried to use the Trex 150 swashplate leveler on the 150X?

I tried to use it, but found that it does not seem to work, since Aligned changed both the main shaft and the metal swash on the 150X.

It seems that Align does not make a new swash leveler for 150X.

Too bad since it worked well on my 150.
cm930 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 03:30 PM   #2
jimmy77611
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,708
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Southeast Texas
Default

I thought I just got a bad one, but I found the same issue. The hole is too small for the shaft.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jimmy77611 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 08:17 PM   #3
Codepox
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2014
Location: US
Default

I have the lynx one and it is working fine.

https://www.helidirect.com/lynx-lx10...ever-tool.html
__________________
Helidirect Field Representative
Codepox is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 01:29 PM   #4
mdecker79
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Default

Use a small zip tie and slowly spin the shaft. :-)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
mdecker79 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:14 PM   #5
starryalley
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Taiwan
Default

The old 150 leveler works on my 150X. It's just a little bit tight to me. But question is where should I place it and adjust 3 servos with it? If I put it where the instruction says, the servo horns don't look perfectly horizontal at all.
starryalley is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:25 PM   #6
cm930
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Taiwan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdecker79 View Post
Use a small zip tie and slowly spin the shaft. :-)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thanks.

But I am not sure how this would work on the 150X.

For example, unlike the Trex 250 DFC, the center of the 150X swashplate is much higher than the arms, so the zip tie won't be able to touch the top of the ball links.
cm930 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:38 PM   #7
cm930
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Taiwan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryalley View Post
The old 150 leveler works on my 150X. It's just a little bit tight to me. But question is where should I place it and adjust 3 servos with it? If I put it where the instruction says, the servo horns don't look perfectly horizontal at all.
I am not sure either.

I found Align increased the length of the 150X swash-plate arms, so the 150 leveler won't sit on top of the ball links of the 150X swash-plate anymore, even if the leveler fits the main shaft.
cm930 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:46 PM   #8
dr_boom
Registered Users
 
Posts: 849
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ohio
Default

Same here too small. But the Lynx one worked for me as well.
__________________
Mikado Logo 550SX, Align T-REX 150X, Vbar NEO, DX8, neXt, HobbyWing, Outrage, iCharger, GensAce, Rail, Scorpion, Apex RC, EPBuddy Paraboards.
dr_boom is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:31 PM   #9
cm930
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Taiwan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_boom View Post
Same here too small. But the Lynx one worked for me as well.
Thanks. Good to know. I'll try to get a Lynx one.
cm930 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:22 PM   #10
starryalley
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Taiwan
Default

Is it true that the new 150X's main shaft has a slightly larger diameter than that of the old 150? If it is then it explains why the leveler won't fit or will fit very tightly.

Yesterday I also found the main gears (I bought 2 packs, which are 4 main gears) won't fit on the main shaft also. One of the 4 main gears can fit but I have to push it very hard to get it fit. Now the gear is stripped and I was going to replace it. Unfortunately I can't get it off the shaft. I have to use a pliers. And also I can't get the other 3 to fit.

The part number is H15G001XXW and from Align's website it's for both 150 and 150X (same for the leveler, it says it's for 150X also).

I'm really upset because now I have a broken main gear and my newly purchased main gears won't fit at all, even with brutal force.
starryalley is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 11:23 AM   #11
krauley
Registered Users
 
Posts: 694
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Callahan, Florida
Default

just out of curiousity why do you guys need a swash leveler? for the 150X you 90 your servos in the app, set the blades to 0 degrees and then set the collective and parameters all in the app and it flys great. holds steady in a hover and in the atitude accelerometer settings you can get it to hold in place with those adjustments again in the app. i dont understand a need for the leveler. i didnt own the og 150dfc but i see no reason for the swashplater leveler
__________________
UH-60 EXI 500 DFC/3GX v5.0 ICE 75 Bec Pro w/4 blade main & tail rotors
Align trex 500DFC Pro w/AR7210bx Align trex 150X
Oxy 3 Tareq Edition AR7210bx Edge lite 50 Kst 215's
PL6 w/Bump Controller-24v PS DX8 gen2
krauley is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 12:22 AM   #12
cm930
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Taiwan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryalley View Post
Is it true that the new 150X's main shaft has a slightly larger diameter than that of the old 150? If it is then it explains why the leveler won't fit or will fit very tightly.
......
I'm really upset because now I have a broken main gear and my newly purchased main gears won't fit at all, even with brutal force.
I think Align increased the diameter at the top of the main shaft (because there is a new main rotor head for 150X), but not the bottom of the shaft (because there is no new 150X ball bearing for the main shaft).

However, the main gear was always a very tight fit on the 150, so it may be even a tighter fit on the 150X due to the harder steel shaft on the 150X vs the softer 150 aluminum shaft.

In any case, may be you can try either gently heating the aluminum collar of the main gear with a soldering iron, or slightly file the inside of the collar with a metal file.
cm930 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 12:35 AM   #13
cm930
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Taiwan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krauley View Post
just out of curiousity why do you guys need a swash leveler? for the 150X you 90 your servos in the app, set the blades to 0 degrees and then set the collective and parameters all in the app and it flys great. holds steady in a hover and in the atitude accelerometer settings you can get it to hold in place with those adjustments again in the app. i dont understand a need for the leveler. i didnt own the og 150dfc but i see no reason for the swashplater leveler
Yes, it's true that the 150X can fly and piro pretty well without using the leveler, better than the old 150.

But I want to see if using the leveler for more precise adjustment will allow me to do a half-dozen piro's consecutively, without drifting the heli an inch from its position, like in the Youtube videos.
cm930 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 11:00 AM   #14
krauley
Registered Users
 
Posts: 694
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Callahan, Florida
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm930 View Post
Yes, it's true that the 150X can fly and piro pretty well without using the leveler, better than the old 150.

But I want to see if using the leveler for more precise adjustment will allow me to do a half-dozen piro's consecutively, without drifting the heli an inch from its position, like in the Youtube videos.
i see, yeah i do get drift from mine when attempting to hold a piro but i can get about 4 before i i get too much drift to call it a piro

i will be interested in the results that you guys get......
__________________
UH-60 EXI 500 DFC/3GX v5.0 ICE 75 Bec Pro w/4 blade main & tail rotors
Align trex 500DFC Pro w/AR7210bx Align trex 150X
Oxy 3 Tareq Edition AR7210bx Edge lite 50 Kst 215's
PL6 w/Bump Controller-24v PS DX8 gen2
krauley is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:57 AM   #15
starryalley
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Taiwan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm930 View Post
I think Align increased the diameter at the top of the main shaft (because there is a new main rotor head for 150X), but not the bottom of the shaft (because there is no new 150X ball bearing for the main shaft).

However, the main gear was always a very tight fit on the 150, so it may be even a tighter fit on the 150X due to the harder steel shaft on the 150X vs the softer 150 aluminum shaft.

In any case, may be you can try either gently heating the aluminum collar of the main gear with a soldering iron, or slightly file the inside of the collar with a metal file.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. So it's already a very tight fit on 150.
I'll definitely try it!
starryalley is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:32 AM   #16
starryalley
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Taiwan
Default

I sanded the main shaft for a few minutes and then the main gear is much easier to fit in! Problem solved!
starryalley is online now        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters


150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2016 by RCGroups.com, LLC except where otherwise indicated. The HeliFreak.com logo is a trademark of RCGroups.com, LLC.