START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Zeal Rotor Blades

Zeal Rotor Blades Zeal Rotor Blades Support and Discussion

Old 04-18-2015, 06:46 PM   #1
vebbyson
Registered Users

Default How about some good reviews?

One thing I've learned is that one unhappy customer can instantly ruin a golden reputation. That being said, I'm a little, no, a lot apprehensive about ordering any Zeal Blade. After reading the problems that have been posted here and elsewhere I'd like to know if Zeal has owned up to thier issues and fixed them or has anyone received blades that met our typical expectations.
I'm interested in 550, 570 and 700 sized blades.
vebbyson is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:01 PM   #2
LaDon
Registered Users

I will say this much. Ryan has gotton 7 sets of blades from them here about 2 or 3 weeks ago. 6 sets of energy 690 and a set of 700. After reading all of the complaining on here I decided to check ours closely. Can I find something wrong sure if I look really close and was really nit picky it locked like a guy could maybe buff them a little more in a small spot or maybe wax them some more. No really I didn't find anything in 7 sets that I would complain about. Bushings all fit flush and we'll finish was as good as anyone else's blade out there. Didn't have a problem with balance and they fly real nice. Granted there are always two sides to the stories and usually when ppl do nothing but say bad things about a company and keep carrying it on they generally don't tell the whole story on what has all been said and what all happened. Just like the one guy that said his replacements were great and three weeks later they weren't. What happened? Bet we never find out
Old 04-19-2015, 01:27 AM   #3
jmtyndall
Registered Users

I've been through over a dozen sets of zeals. Worst I've found is minor paint blemishes.

All but one had matching cg. All of them balanced with less than one piece of 1.5"x0.5" piece of packing tape, placed at the CoG Of course
Old 04-19-2015, 01:55 AM   #4
raptard003
Registered Users

Own/owned, (crashed), 8 pairs from 250-600mm, while they finish wasn't not the best on quite a few of them, they do fly Very well. Aside from cosmetics there are perfectly fine blades, mine don't last long enough to worry about looks anyhow (crashes). Do i think they deserve the close to, or the same price tag as other brands not really. but all in all Id say there well worth a try and i never felt compelled to call,e-mail, or get on my HF soapbox and complain, but seeing as this is a positive thread (very rare BTW), I thought id chime in.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:18 PM   #5
jmackey
Registered Users

I did first flights with the new Energy 690's today on my Goblin 700C today. These are the ones with the tapered leading trailing edges at the tip and all white undersides. I flew at 1900 HS with +-13 collective.

Cyclic response was very nice and FFF flight was very stable. As expected for shorter blades, the collective pop felt a tiny bit less than the 700's. I'll re-gear for 2000 headspeed and that should be right where I like it.

The bright orange/black tops and white bottoms of the disc were very visible. Much easier to see in today's overcast skies compared to the mostly black 700's. Also, the orange is much brighter in person than it looks in this picture.

These blades weighed in at 203 grams each and like other Zeal blades, are very rigid.

They were a little quieter compared to the Zeal 700's, but still a very healthy growl in hurricanes

Overall, I like these blades a lot. Great cyclic response, more visible disc and significantly improved FFF stability.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #6
vebbyson
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nice! Some positive reviews...
Old 04-20-2015, 11:17 AM   #7
Pitch-Itch
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebbyson View Post
Nice! Some positive reviews...
2 of the 3 positive reviews are from people who fly for Zeal....

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:44 AM   #8
vebbyson
Registered Users

Hmmm, you think they may be slightly biased?
Old 04-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #9
jmtyndall
Registered Users

Maybe we fly for Zeal because we liked them and flew them then wanted to be on team? How do you think flying for a company works? Do you think I get free stuff? Do you think they pay me? Do you think they send me to events and pay my entry?

None of that is true. I get a small discount, pretty similar to what you get when helidirect offers sales and I get a shirt/hat.

So call me biased if you want, I fly what I like. I fly what I have good experiences with.

Imo, Zeal are a quality, low cost blade. They are not some ultra-high quality gold plated blade. They won't core an apple, increase your internet speed, or free you from your wireless contract.

In fact, I just had a vibe issue with a set...tail blades on my Chase 360. The tail fin was blurry. A small piece of tape resolved the issue.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:01 PM   #10
jmackey
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch-Itch View Post
2 of the 3 positive reviews are from people who fly for Zeal....
I see 4 positive reviews in this thread.

Speaking only for myself, I like how Zeals fly and see more potential in them. I'm happy to provide honest and complete feedback to help them improve and produce even better performing blades.

I've also seen imperfections on some blades with final finish or the brass inserts not being flush on each side. Zeal is very aware of the final finish problems and has committed to improving it.

Regarding the brass inserts not being flush, I carefully file them flush when needed. I would prefer that this wasn't required, but I've needed to do this on several other brands too.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:59 PM   #11
Slobberdog
Registered Users

I had a couple of prototype 210 blades given to me by Zeal shipped to my door free, because I showed interest in the product,

while the finish was not 100% perfect I accepted this as they were prototype,

I gave my feedback to zeal on these blades and so did others and they were released as energy scheme blades to the public,

I really liked the way these blades flew and have put nigh on 100 flights on these blades with one tip over chicken dance which marked the tip of one blade but did not damage it enough not to fly it, I will not put a different blade on my 250 now,

If I did not have a few sets of blades for my 500 trex I would be putting Zeal blades on there as well,

Trex 250 DFC with Vx1n, Trex 500 DFC with Brain
Emax 250 with CC3d, X4, Dx8 and iCharger 3010b
Slobberdog is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:22 PM   #12
Pitch-Itch
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackey View Post
I see 4 positive reviews in this thread.

Speaking only for myself, I like how Zeals fly and see more potential in them. I'm happy to provide honest and complete feedback to help them improve and produce even better performing blades.

I've also seen imperfections on some blades with final finish or the brass inserts not being flush on each side. Zeal is very aware of the final finish problems and has committed to improving it.

Regarding the brass inserts not being flush, I carefully file them flush when needed. I would prefer that this wasn't required, but I've needed to do this on several other brands too.
Funny, I've never seen that on any other brand, and I've bought many blades.

Believe it or not I really like the way Zeal blades fly, but their QC leaves much to be desired. I consider buying their blades akin to taking a gamble.

Lynx Team Pilot
Old 04-20-2015, 03:45 PM   #13
jmtyndall
Registered Users

I've seen brass insert issue on Align blades before. And once on a set of Radix tails.

Super easy fix. Piece of thin cardboard(cereal box) on each side, and use a pair of pliers to gently seat the brass ring
Old 04-20-2015, 03:55 PM   #14
jmackey
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtyndall View Post
I've seen brass insert issue on Align blades before. And once on a set of Radix tails.

Super easy fix. Piece of thin cardboard(cereal box) on each side, and use a pair of pliers to gently seat the brass ring
Nice!

I tried that once without success and assumed they were always glued in place. Must not have used enough force or maybe those particular blades were glued.

I'll try this next time I see it.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:59 PM   #15
jmtyndall
Registered Users

Key is gentle. If you man handle it and hear cracking, I would toss the blades. Not worth ejecting a blade over :thumbsup
Old 04-20-2015, 08:17 PM   #16
vebbyson
Registered Users

Good to hear more positive things.. I think I'll take a stap at a set. Are the new energy blades a replacement for another blade or an addition to the line.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:59 AM   #17
Pitch-Itch
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtyndall View Post
Key is gentle. If you man handle it and hear cracking, I would toss the blades. Not worth ejecting a blade over :thumbsup
The zeals are glued. I couldn't get mine to budge even with a vice.

It shouldn't be an issue. How hard is it to make sure the brass insert is fully seated? The fact that blades keep coming out with this same issue is almost comical.

Lynx Team Pilot
Old 04-22-2015, 04:26 PM   #18
honkytown
Registered Users

3x sets 380er - minior finish faults, good balance, on three sets i had to file down the root to fold the blades, the sound is nice, but i don't like the feeling around zero pitch
2x sets 210er - bad finish, very bad balance on both sets, first time i had a tip over on spool down..., they fly nice
2x set 70er tail - bad finish, good balance, brass insert wasn't even, had to file them down to use them, they fly nice and are very quiet

i like their energy design, but sadly nothing is visible inflight like other blades, so pick your cherrys you may or may not like...

they offered me once a replacement set, if i would send mine back, but paying twice shipping costs isn't a viable option for me.

BLHeli with locator beacon now!
honkytown is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:30 PM   #19
mike4406
Registered Users

I just got a brand new set of ZEAL 360's direct from LYNX no less today, and I have to say they are the crappiest finished/unbalanced blades I have EVER bought.

The cordwise CG was way off, (and I use a KOLL rotor pro and KNOW how to use it too).

Needless to say,, I will never buy another set of ZEAL blades, especially when you can get better blades anywhere for the same cost or even less....

BYE BYE ZEAL. What a joke..... These folks are laughing at the bank I am sure.....
mike4406 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:10 PM   #20
LaDon
Registered Users

Almost makes a person wonder if the blades they are buy are cloned. Not saying that is true but sure makes you wonder cause all the zeals we have are fine and after the complaints I have went over them with a fine toothed comb.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Zeal Rotor Blades

Zeal Rotor Blades Zeal Rotor Blades Support and Discussion