Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 11:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Warp Vbar Gov DFC cyclic

Ok so the Warp 360 is my first DFC headed heli.
Using a blue Vbar on Pro with a YGE ESC. Right now it has Align 415 servos on it but I have some MKS 92A+ servos on the way. Not sure how long these align servos will hold up .

When I use the YGE internal gov I can do Aileron tick tocks pretty easily.

BUT When I use the vbar gov it is so hard to do aileron tick tocks. Almost like the cyclic is just way to fast and I can't get a good ratio between cyclic and collective. I like to use the vbar gov for consistent HS between new and older packs.

I set the throttle response on the YGE to medium and dropped the Vbar Gov Cyclic Add down to 5 and that helped a little. Is this common with a DFC heli to have faster cyclic response? Anyone else run into this?

I know I could just get used to it but then there would be a big difference between the Warp and my Logos and I like to have all my heli's fly similar.

Anyone else run into this?

Mike
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2014, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's been a long time since I setup my YGE but I think I'm running it in airplane mode. Vbar is my gov. I assume because you have logo you are aware of the drastic difference in feel the "style" gives you.. Mine is a high value
Old 04-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliSmith View Post
It's been a long time since I setup my YGE but I think I'm running it in airplane mode. Vbar is my gov. I assume because you have logo you are aware of the drastic difference in feel the "style" gives you.. Mine is a high value
Yah I went from Airplane High to Airplane Middle in the YGE.
My style in the vbar might have been too low. Checked what I had on the Logo 500 and it was 100 in style. So I changed that in the warp too.

Going to give it a shot today after work.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well now aileron tick tocks are WAY Better!
Not sure if it was matching VBAR style slider to 100 like it is on my logos or detuning the vbar gov. But I'm happy!

Since it was windy I tried a auto. This thing auto's AWESOME! Need to get used to not having tail authority. Rabbit eared it and dinged leading edge of blade. But it is so weird to see the tail blades stop half way down.

Next flight DISASTER! Esc desoldered going to inverted. I'm not the best at soldering deans. I can do EC5's much better.

Warp is a TANK though. Dropped inverted from like 60 feet with no power. Took out a couple servos and the blades. That is IT!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm happy to hear your success but of course a mechanical failure is the worst. Have you seen the soldering video by Finless Bob? It's under the Trex 450 SE General Build videos I think.. That's the method I use for soldering deans..

Back to original topic... There's also pitch pump you can add to make it more snappy but you need to test it on the bench to make sure it doesn't brown out.. Need a great bec because Vbar can and will ask for too much
Old 04-19-2014, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Warp Vbar Gov DFC cyclic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset View Post
Well now aileron tick tocks are WAY Better!
Not sure if it was matching VBAR style slider to 100 like it is on my logos or detuning the vbar gov. But I'm happy!

Since it was windy I tried a auto. This thing auto's AWESOME! Need to get used to not having tail authority. Rabbit eared it and dinged leading edge of blade. But it is so weird to see the tail blades stop half way down.

Next flight DISASTER! Esc desoldered going to inverted. I'm not the best at soldering deans. I can do EC5's much better.

Warp is a TANK though. Dropped inverted from like 60 feet with no power. Took out a couple servos and the blades. That is IT!
Style makes a lot of difference if you feel timing is off

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in