Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Main Forum - Multirotor Talk

Main Forum - Multirotor Talk General Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Looking for a quadcopter to shoot with a GoPro HD Hero2

I am a videographer, but would like to add some spice to my videos. And I've seen awesome footage shot with the GoPro HD Hero2. And I thought: what if I attach that to a remote controlled helicopter and make cool aerial shots of landscapes?

Problem is: I am a complete newbie at flying a radio controlled object, nor am I technical. So I need a low-maintenance product and something that is really easy to fly.

I have done some research online and the following helicopter looked pretty good to me:
T580P+ 6 Channel Electric RC UFO For Aerophotograph from RC Helicopter Select.
http://www.rchelicopterselect.com/lo...-p-rc-ufo.html

Is there anyone that has experience with RC Helicopter Select? Do they make good products and have a good customer service?

Specific questions about the T580P+:
- Are you familiar with this product? Do you think it is any good?
- Would this type of helicopter be easy to fly if you have no experience?
- Is there a good manual with it?
- Is it easy to put together or de-assemble?

Any input or help is MUCH appreciated. Also if you have other suggestions for a quadcopter that I should look at, that will do a good job and is perfect to use with a GoPro camera. Important for me is that I can take it apart and put it in a case, because I need to be able to transport it all over the world.

Thanks for your help!
Daniella
marsdaan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This one's available as a complete unit with a DJI autopilot system or a bare bones airframe and you build it to suit.

http://aerialtechsystems.com/AT_LQuad.html
Old 12-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stay away from the t580p.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Can you maybe explain why I should stay away from it? It would help Thanks!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

@Tomstoy2: can you please expand on why I should stay away from it? Would be very helpful. Thanks!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are a lot better airframes out there.

Take a look at the DJI 'Frame wheel', RC Carbon, for example. RC Logger makes a nice complete system.

Stabilization is everything. These things do fly easily. DJI Naza looks to be the cats meow! Can't beat the price either if you don't want hover, rth, semi-auto take off and landing.
If you do, the DJI is the better bet, also, in those departments.

DJI is offering a combo deal on Frame Wheel and Naza that is very attractive!

Do your homework. Lots of disapointments out there.

Last edited by Tomstoy2; 12-16-2011 at 02:19 PM..
Tomstoy2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2011, 10:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Do your homework. Lots of disapointments out there.
I highly agree with that!

there is one company out there I can think of that has a lot of differant products for sale but if you do some internet searching on them you will see a lot of unhappy customers.
kcflier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcflier View Post
I highly agree with that!

there is one company out there I can think of that has a lot of differant products for sale but if you do some internet searching on them you will see a lot of unhappy customers.
Which one? Just curious, thanks.
cannondale1974 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

I tried the RC quadcopter T580P+. It's a good one. There was some issues with the ESC, but the manufacturer upgraded it since 2011 and the problem solved. RC Helicopter select does have a manual of the product. You can ask for it with them and read it is good for you first

Personally, I think you could fly it if you could fly 4 channel rc helicopters
rchelipoilt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can buy a DJI Flamewheel 550 (hexacopter,six rotors) and add the motor extension kit. Get AVROTO motors and there are several GoPro mounts avalible that will work. Make sure to buy the GPS unit for the Naza controller because you dont know how to fly yet.
Go here and start asking questions

http://www.rcgroups.com/multirotor-talk-659/

Lots of help there. But, I wouls suggest that you step up to a Sony Nex5 rather thn the GoPro better qaulity image

Dont fool yourself into thinking its that easy. For some it is and it only takes them a year or so....for some many years. Not to discourage you but just telling the truth.

Think of it like how much time it took to go from an guy with a camera to a videographer. Same type of commitment.

I do recommend the DJI flamewheel, but dont expect any customer service. That end of the prouduct sucks . You will email and email and email

Nasty emails seem to be the only way to draw out the "support" department

Im still waiting for this

Quote:

Announcement

DJI Offers Free Of Charge “Ace One” Maintenance

Dear DJI Customers

First of all, we really appreciate your continued support and trust in DJI and DJI products. DJI has been able to develop outstanding products due to customer support and feedback. We assure you that we will continue to make every effort to offer better autopilot systems, increase the number of high quality products related to this sector, and give outstanding service support to every customer.

The DJI professional helicopter autopilot system “Ace One” was released nearly two years ago. Most of the Ace One systems, according to our investigations, perform tasks in rather adverse conditions, such as high temperatures, dust, moisture, oil film and so forth. All of these factors can cause and accelerate the aging of some components and parts inside the Ace One. DJI would like to offer their Ace One customers a single free of charge Maintenance Service.

The Free of Charge Maintenance service is only applicable to customers who

bought their Ace One before January 1, 2012

If you would like to take part in this free of charge service, then please contact your local dealer. In order to maintain the best flight performance of your Ace One, once your unit is received, DJI will carry out a complete inspection and maintenance of your unit. This service includes full testing / inspection, any component changes required, re-calibration and flight testing.

Once DJI Headquarters has received your Ace One, it will take approximately 6 to 8 working days to finish the complete maintenance process before shipping the Ace One back to you, this time will depend upon unforeseen circumstances, for example the weather for test flights. Any questions, please contact your local dealer or DJI Headquarters directly.

Thank you for your continued support.

DJI Sales & Marketing Dept
2012-8-27
I have several emails out...to no avail
splitboarder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I suggest you Take a look at the Multiwiicopter system. They work well and have good support for a complete package.

http://www.multiwiicopter.com/

In terms of flying difficulty the muticopter system is like the Coaxial system to fly. If you can fly a Coaxial machine you will transition over OK. The biggest issue is orientation in the sky. However i found I needed to add some visual clues to help orientation like coloured tape on front facing booms.
Phil H is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.fpvmanuals.com/2012/05/01/qav500/
I was following this one for a while when researching quads, it seems like an good design.

Tags
gopro2, t580p+

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in