Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X BL

mCP X BL Blade Micro mCP X Brushless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default flipping straight

I have been trying to get my BL to flip in one plane but it always shoots off to the left. I try putting a bit of cyclic in to stop it but in my small garden its very touch and go that I can do flips, I need to take it to the field to have some space. On the other hand my 130X flips really well staying in one plane and even in my small garden I can do back flips, front flips and rolls. I've made sure the swash is level and mucked about with static settings but to no avail. In normal horizontal flight the BL is very good and hovers well with no trim needed.
Allan114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The stock BL does twist a bit, and the corrections need learning. It can be done, but in a way you're learning bad habits.

Upgrading the swash to one with a rear anti-rotation guide helps remove some of the interaction and is one of the better upgrades for the BL.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
The stock BL does twist a bit, and the corrections need learning. It can be done, but in a way you're learning bad habits.

Upgrading the swash to one with a rear anti-rotation guide helps remove some of the interaction and is one of the better upgrades for the BL.
Does it remove the interaction completely or just some as you mentioned above?
Old 07-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

more DR on ur aileron so u don't add that in while ur doing ur flips maybe , or just more practice. all the MCPX BL i flown do them fine night and straight

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

It may be you or it may be the board. I have heard that some boards will do this. To see if it is you put 40 to 50% expo on the aileron to really deaden it around center and see if your flips straighten out. If they do, then you are adding some aileron in with the elevator, if the flip continues to show the same left drift it may be an issue with your board.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

OK I will put a lot of expo on the aileron channel and give it a try. I started with the usual 40% recommended but have now knocked that right down so it could be me. I actually like the very sensitive controls for flying upright doing circuits and hovering etc.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't recommend leaving the expo so high just to clarify that, the recommendation was only to try and identify the drift problem. Good luck.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I tried with high expo and being sure not to put any aileron in and the bird still goes off to the side. I've checked everything and can't find anything wrong and she flies really well straigth and level etc. It was very hot here today so I didn't do too much with the helis however during the week I got my new aluminium radiator for my 65 Mustang so decided to fit that. It was over 100F in the garage but I stuck at it, the rad bolted in easily but luckily before filling the system with expensive coolant I tried shutting the bonnet/hood only to find that the filler cap fouled the bonnet/hood. The wife learnt some new swear words!! Looks like the rad is going back to the suppier for modification - hope they do as quick a service as HH.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default flipping straight

Keep in mind that helis are not symmetrical machines. The tail rotor blows air right, pushing the heli to the left.

On any helicopter with a CW main rotor, pulling perfect back elevator from a stable hover for a backflip will leave the machine moving left due to the increased tail rotor thrust during the maneuver.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2014, 05:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also had it moving to the left each time I did a flip.

Now I installed a swashplate with a rear AR pin and it flips much better, goes nice and straight now most of the time.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I shall invest in a swash with a rear AR pin and give that a try. To be honest I am now enjoying the 130X more than the BL as I find it more precise and less twitchy to fly. It used to be the other way around and I initially bought the BL because I was fed up crashing the 130X and it costing me lots of money and time to keep flying however now I've improved and don't crash very often I find the BL'slack of precision a pain. As well as this flipping issue I find the collective difficult with it tending to sink or rise and needing a lot of effort to control height. I am not a 100% 3D preson so perhaps this is now just not the heli for me.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan114 View Post
I shall invest in a swash with a rear AR pin and give that a try. To be honest I am now enjoying the 130X more than the BL as I find it more precise and less twitchy to fly. It used to be the other way around and I initially bought the BL because I was fed up crashing the 130X and it costing me lots of money and time to keep flying however now I've improved and don't crash very often I find the BL'slack of precision a pain. As well as this flipping issue I find the collective difficult with it tending to sink or rise and needing a lot of effort to control height. I am not a 100% 3D preson so perhaps this is now just not the heli for me.

You got to remember the bl flips are slower than the normal mcpx i was trying to compare the bl and the norm mcpx and the norm mcpx flips faster with my brushless upgrade
denots is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in