Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Logo Xxtreme wiring configuration ?

Hi,
I'm wiring up the Xxtreme with the included YGE and VBar in addition im using the WR Hercules Super BEC and a Futaba R6208SB (first time using BEC n SBus Receiver)

Does anyone have a breakdown list or diagram of the correct channel connections between the SB Rx and the VBar unit.

The part I'm stumped at is... I put the ESC wire into the Collective/ESC port on the VBar instead of into Ch3 of the Rx so then which Rx Ch do I connect to the VBar unit to relay Throttle signals to VBar...

Also i seem to b running out of ports on the VBar unit so i thought to put one BEC output to the VBar unit and the other to the Rx....?

Thanks
Eric O. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Need a wire from the reciever sbus port to the AUX on the vbar.

all signals will go into the vbar , the vbar will process them , then send out to the esc thru the collective/esc port

extra wires for the bec can go into any spare location left over. ( servo channel 4 on vbar , left over port on receiver , etc. )

if this is your first futaba installation the throttle needs to be reversed.

Then of course calibrate the transmitter to the vbar software and such as normal.

YGE esc in the XXtreme has a built in rpm sensor so that needs to plug into the vabr also , with the adapter in between

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Thank u

Thanks Martin,
Rgds
Eric O. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmarty View Post

YGE esc in the XXtreme has a built in rpm sensor so that needs to plug into the vabr also , with the adapter in between

Martin
I don't suppose anyone knows which is the signal wire for the rpm sensor? I have a spare telemetry TM100 here and thought I'd put it on my XXtreme. Would be handy if I could just tap into the existing rpm signal wire as I've done this on my nitro gov's and it works great.

Cheers
Mac
macpass is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd assume it would be the single line as plugged into the vbar.

The adapter takes 2 lines to the far side ( negitive or black = ground reference )

and one more line that goes to the signal portion of the connection ( servo orange/white wire )

My assumptions as the 800 is my first vbar'd govenor.

I'm a jive spoiled guy that doesn't have $800 for a kosmic

Martin

Please confirm with someone with some experince before hooking up
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 03:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'd assume it would be the single line as plugged into the vbar.

The adapter takes 2 lines to the far side ( negitive or black = ground reference )

and one more line that goes to the signal portion of the connection ( servo orange/white )

Thanks Martin, I'll do some digging round and testing and report back and findings

Quote:

My assumptions as the 800 is my first vbar'd govenor.

I'm a jive spoiled guy that doesn't have $800 for a kosmic

Martin

Ha ha yeah I'm on the NZD so the XXtreme is was hard to justify as is - but soooo totally worth every cent as it comes so no need to upgrade IMHO

Cheers
Old 12-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The way mine is, . If you we're sitting in the Heli looking out the windshield, the rpm lead is the lead on the left.

Think there is a diagram n the manual showing this.
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosgraveyard View Post
The way mine is, . If you we're sitting in the Heli looking out the windshield, the rpm lead is the lead on the left.

Think there is a diagram n the manual showing this.
Ok great thank you! I take it your V bar is mounted as normal? Eg sensor lead go into the rear facing ports?

Are you using the TM1000? If so do you use the main pack voltage sensor on all 14s or just monitor 7s? I know it can handle 60 volts so thought I'd just do 7s incase of spikes but if yours is working on all 14 I'll do the same. TIA
Old 12-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do use a tm1000

I mounted the vbar sensor the same way as in the manual. I trimmed the lead as it was to long and crimped on a new connector

I connected both the tm1000 port and the vbar to the sensor adapter coming for the ESC. Works fine

I monitor the 14s pack voltage. I am not sure why you think there would be voltage spikes coming from 14S pack. Its voltage is what ever it is, and dropping all the time. cant see how it would go above the sum of its cells voltage. Am I missing something here?

Also the tm1000 can handle 2s power for ex pack voltage,

I ise that iPhone gizmo so I get spoken telemetry values and logging. Works great. I found an old iPhone 3G, use it only for Rc, carry it with the transmitter,

I fly with that in my coat pocket, spoken telemetry is the way to go IMO
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 02:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosgraveyard View Post
I do use a tm1000

I mounted the vbar sensor the same way as in the manual. I trimmed the lead as it was to long and crimped on a new connector

I connected both the tm1000 port and the vbar to the sensor adapter coming for the ESC. Works fine

I monitor the 14s pack voltage. I am not sure why you think there would be voltage spikes coming from 14S pack. Its voltage is what ever it is, and dropping all the time. cant see how it would go above the sum of its cells voltage. Am I missing something here?

Also the tm1000 can handle 2s power for ex pack voltage,

I ise that iPhone gizmo so I get spoken telemetry values and logging. Works great. I found an old iPhone 3G, use it only for Rc, carry it with the transmitter,

I fly with that in my coat pocket, spoken telemetry is the way to go IMO
Thanks for this. Have replicated on mine and all works perfectly. Cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in