Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 01:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Can you play a guitar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Wiggins View Post
While I know everyone is going to be able to do different things at different times, I seriously disagree with some of the so-called "prerequisites" here. First of all, who's to decide what everyone else MUST know before they try something new? I can do FF and hover in any oriention while inverted just fine after only 8 weeks with my first CP heli without having even tried backwards flight or stationary pirouettes outside of a simulator. In other words, no, you are not required to know those things before you try going inverted. Those skills may come in handy, sure, but they hardly qualify as arbitrary "prerequisites" that should be imposed on anyone learning to fly. IMO, backwards flight is a far more advanced discipline than inverted FF or hovering anyway.

- OMW -

My title has a definite point to it. I CAN play a guitar fairly well, but what took me years of agonizing practice took the kid I grew up with a couple of months. And, he could play things in a few months that I've NEVER been able to even get close to. My point may be obvious now. Most people from what I understand will never be able to fly a CP heli. The small minority that will be able to will be in couple of groups. A very small percentage will be able to pick up the transmitter and perform smack down 3D in only a few weeks or more.

Why? Well that should be obvious. Some folks are naturally good, Athletes, Musicians, Marshall Artists, Singers, Writers, Mechanics, and the list goes on forever. Most of us will have to work very hard to do what the small percentage just pick up almost like magic.

So, I'd say all the "Prerequisites" the original guy with the video wrote about are spot on. What he's come up with will be very helpfull to the vast majority of us. I personally applaud him for offering up his "secrets". Some people won't share what it takes to get where they got. I didn't say anything that said this guy thinks he has the only way to get from point A to point B. All I saw was a pretty nice guy that went to a lot of trouble to put a video and write several paragraphs that will in deed help a lot of people. I for one was able to to a couple of laps around the park this afternoon while inverted doing tail first FF flight. Then I crashed. His suggestions however were very helpful as I was never able to do that before.

If you were able to do these things in eight weeks then you are truly out of the norm and these "rules" of course are not going to apply to you. Not everyone can be pro heli pilot in weeks like you are. I congratulate and bow to you for being such an accomplished pilot in what takes most of us years. I wish I could have done what you have in weeks.

For me and the rest of us slow pokes, well, we'll just have to work at it! And may I say at this point Thank You to the guy with the video and write up. I personnaly appreciate it greatly.
justwannahavefun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I now this is very belated, but thanks for the great video and write-up. Between you "Raza" and ArchmageUA I might figure this stuff out yet!

Thanks... Mike
Aptaper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Good lessons
tonylee57 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in