Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

compass blades seem to have a bit more flex ,i do not have a scale yet ,its the next tool on my wish list
kachur779 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 02:24 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's some measurements for comparison on some various sets of 350mm blades I had access to:

Warp Stock: 23.4g, 350.5mm length, 34mm chord, 4.5mm root, 4.4mm thickest part, 0.45mm at trail edge
Rotor Tech (same ones mentioned in this thread): 28.2g, 350.5mm, 34mm, 4.65mm, 4.6mm, 0.60mm
Edge 353: 33.1g, 353mm, 32.8mm, 4.65mm, 4.25mm, 0.60mm
SAB 0395R: 23.6g, 350mm, 32.5mm, 4.5mm, 4.15mm, 0.50mm
SAB (MSH41110) for stretch protos: 25.2g, 350mm, 32mm, 4.5mm, 4.4mm, 0.60mm
ALZRC FBL: 32.6g, 350.5mm, 34mm, 4.5mm, 4.4mm, 0.50mm
HK (360GFCFGWB): 27.9g, 350.5mm, 33.4mm, 4.45mm, 4.4mm, 0.60mm

Weight-wise all sets matched to within less than 0.1g except the HK blades and the RotorTech's They were flat out solid matched pairs with no detectable variance. I was impressed by that. Weights between sets of the same brand/model can vary quite a bit (a gram or more), but I thought some of you may be interested in those numbers. The Rotor Techs, Edge and ALZRC feel the stiffest, but they also have a bit more mass. The Rotor Techs, Warp and ALZRC all look like they are from the same mould. The SAB's are quite stiff too and have a shape and profile similar to the Edge blades, but the tip isn't quite as square/blunt. I personally have not flown any of them, yet. All I can do at the moment is post some numbers and tell you which ones feel good in my hands and please my eyes the most. Not much value in that so I'll just leave you with the numbers until I fly some of them. If I get bored I may measure the COG if anyone cares about that.

Last edited by radu7; 01-09-2013 at 02:48 AM.. Reason: Added additonal measurements and comments.
radu7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 03:45 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for that. Sounds like the Alzrc might be worth a try?
The edge I felt where as flexy as the stock blades but more weight. Bit more hang IF you they to auto. Look to fly well on my mates stretch protos.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any length measurements? ( hole center to tip)
Old 01-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
They were all within a couple mm of each other hole to tip, but I'll measure them when I get home tonight for accuracy's sake.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brown santa came today:

The wingtote is a perfect fit and the side compartments should fit my charger and tx nicely. I'm going to add to the floor of the main compartment to add storage for batteries, tools, blades, etc. parallel to the boom. Brown santa also brought my Rotortech $10 dorra blades which both weighed 29.4g and are noticeably stiffer than the stock blades. I haven't flown with the stock blades to be able to make a comparison though as I haven't completely finished my build. Which leads me to brown santa gift number tres, a pitch gauge. The last step of my build. I've hovered/ piroed it in a ridiculously small area but haven't really wanted to touch the collective until I set my 13/ 12 degrees collective/ cyclic pitch. Also got a deal on some batteries which brings the total up to 6 which works out great as I have a 6 port paraboard and a 30A charger to charge them at 5a each or almost 4C for sub 20 min charges. Should be a fun weekend, wish me luck.
itsmillertime0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
I edited my original post with more measurements. Just as a note the ones I listed as 350.5mm in length (which were all of the stock/RotorTech shaped ones) were just about that. Some were a little closer to 351mm than not. The Edge and SAB were dead-on though with the listed measurements.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:38 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by radu7 View Post
I edited my original post with more measurements. Just as a note the ones I listed as 350.5mm in length (which were all of the stock/RotorTech shaped ones) were just about that. Some were a little closer to 351mm than not. The Edge and SAB were dead-on though with the listed measurements.
You should start a new thread with your blade specs. Would be nice to have that info where it was easier to find/access.
ScotY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

radu7 - Here are your numbers just a little easier to read. Thanks for all the work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blades.PNG
Views:	130
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	382154  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmisuraca View Post
radu7 - Here are your numbers just a little easier to read. Thanks for all the work.
Thank you! I just got my hands on some Lynx 350's and some Tarot 360's so I'll start a new thread like ScotY suggested and post up numbers for those as well. I'll take your lead and make them look prettier and add cost.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anybody here wanna buy a single Rotortech from me for like $8 shipped? I had a slight boom strike on my mini Goblinesque (one blade just grazed the top of the boom cover) and took the tip off one blade but the remaining one is still in perfect working order. I really don't have a need for it now but if one if you in here has a wreck that takes out a single blade then this could well be your spare.

Gone.

To make this a more valid post I will say that the flex in this blade is probably what led to my boom strike, I'm just glad it was a boom graze instead of a full strike and I was able to land.

Last edited by Mojappa; 01-24-2013 at 02:48 PM..
Mojappa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hobbyking 360mm are finally back in stock.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #93 (permalink)

I just received another batch of the Hk blades, but my favorite now is the Tarot 360mm carbon fiber blade at $21 dollars.My vibes became unmeasurable with these blades and performance was great, stiff blades!
Steve
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemech View Post
I just received another batch of the Hk blades, but my favorite now is the Tarot 360mm carbon fiber blade at $21 dollars.My vibes became unmeasurable with these blades and performance was great, stiff blades!
Steve
Are those Tarot 360mm blades the ones that look almost identical to the stock Warp blades?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemech View Post
Steve
Yes they are nice. I have a pair of those, haven't been flown in 3 months but now i've 2 pairs of HK's on both Warp and tarot 480.
Bang for the buck is unreal on these
And the take light crashes very easily.
On the other day i broke on of the compass blades with a not that big tipover in a auto.
Of course those anorectic hiper light blades have to be more fragile
Old 03-21-2013, 03:22 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

The HK blades are crazy GOOD! For under $8 delivered how can the others compete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in