Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinww View Post
Thats because you end up with a file containing model data but thats all, there is no data to link to the model, Yes it could be handled better but it wont occur when you have telemetry data recorded. If you dont have any valid TLM files to evaluate the program do a quick google search for .TLM files and you'll find loads that people have posted TLM files that you can load to see how it works.
That's OK.

I did a flight today and have some readings.
For the "RX Telemetry" tab, can you briefly explain what the columns A,B,L,R tell me?
I looked for a help file but could not find.
I have no clue.

Thx.
Phoenix R/C v5
helidude71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Have a look here https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=415861 each letter denotes a reciever, so it depends what RX you have and any sattelites as to what you see, the data tells you if the particular RX is seeing degraded signal.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thx, good info there.

On my AR635, flight log is not supported, that is what I read on the horizonhobby website.
"The AR635 supports all telemetry functions except for Flight Log."
So it should only give telemetry from the attached TM1000 module.

However I do see data on the "B", "L" and "RX Volts" column.
During my first test flight "L" slowly goes up from 59 until 91.
And "B" hovers around 1100.

Do those numbers seem somehow valid, or are they meaningless on the AR635?
Phoenix R/C v5
helidude71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2014, 03:01 AM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
at first: Thank you for your software!

Is it possible to display current and voltage in one chart. So i can easy see if my batteries are fine?

Thx Wolfgang
arndtw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not at the moment as its an object based app and each sensor is responsible for drawing its own data. Its something that i'm looking at and may be possible in future.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Open Notepad.
Copy the 2 lines and paste them into notepad.
select Save As,
select the directory where Telemetry reader is installed.
name the file TelemetryReader.vmoptions
change the Save as Type drop down to all files.
Save

your done.
I'm having trouble opening a TLM file. I did a bench test for my Habu32 (file size 313K) which opens fine and works well. I erased this files from the card and the DX18 transmitter created a second TLM file for the flight test (939K). This file does not load and returns an error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jay
drjay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2014, 02:11 AM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Attach the file and I'll have a look. You shouldn't need to create the .vmoptions file now as its included as part of the installation of all the recent versions.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:28 AM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank Kevin, I figured the update was already included. Don't know how to upload the files so here's a public Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y30qc54jq...XN40ksW8_lOkja

The two .TLM files are the ones with the DX18 data. I can load the first but not the second. I was able to find a trial for another program (on the Mac) which took a long time to load but eventually graphed the second file, being able to load both.

Appreciate the help,

Jay
Old 05-13-2014, 06:06 AM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had a quick look at the file and it contains a shed load of additional data on the end that doesn't conform to the currently expected sensor outputs.

So a quick question, did you update the DX18 firmware between the creation of the 2 files, as it looks like something has appended data to the file, the file was not terminated correctly or spektrum are now writing a lot of additional info on the end of the file, which causes a problem as its not data thats expected and causes the file read to terminate.

Last edited by kevinww; 05-13-2014 at 05:56 PM..
kevinww is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's the odd thing. I didn't do anything different between the two files. Both are recorded on a new (replacement) DX18. I pulled the SD card and plugged into my computer to download the first file, then erased it from the card. Then plugged back in to the DX18. Did the same for the second file. The overall data acquisition time was only from one afternoon with 2 flights on it.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

BTW how do you post attachments to the HeliFreak threads? The layout seems the same as the RCG layout but without the option for attachments.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:36 PM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats strange, as i can see the 2 flights in the file then there is an awful lot of extra info that looks like SPM file data as well as whole blocks of 0's and -1's. It might be worth getting Andy over on rcgroups to check whether the file is valid or corrupted, in case there is an issue with telemetry recording.

For attachments if you scroll down the page when you are adding or replying to a post, you'll see an option to manage attachements.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:03 PM   #133 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default New Spektrum telemetry log viewer application

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjay View Post
BTW how do you post attachments to the HeliFreak threads? The layout seems the same as the RCG layout but without the option for attachments.

https://www.helifreak.com/faq.php?fa...ttashandinline
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Kevin for such a great program!

I've just upgraded to a DX9 and have put a TM1000 and a Variometer in a glider. It's great to be able to review what happened on the computer! I have run into an issue with a file I generated last Saturday. There are three separate flights and another event from my initial power on tests in the file. The last one was recording for just over 60 minutes. While viewing the file and moving between the different flights the program crashes and I see the following error:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at org.csstudio.swt.xygraph.dataprovider.CircularBuff erDataProvider.addDataArray(CircularBufferDataProv ider.java:327)
at org.csstudio.swt.xygraph.dataprovider.CircularBuff erDataProvider.tryToAddDataArray(CircularBufferDat aProvider.java:280)
at org.csstudio.swt.xygraph.dataprovider.CircularBuff erDataProvider.setCurrentYDataArray(CircularBuffer DataProvider.java:260)
at com.kw.telemetry.sensors.RXSensorTelemetry.drawDat aGraph(RXSensorTelemetry.java:329)
at com.kw.telemetry.app.TelemetryAppWindow$5.widgetSe lected(TelemetryAppWindow.java:495)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent( TypedListener.java:248)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Event Table.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.ja va:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.ja va:1077)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.ja va:1062)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Wid get.java:774)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.setSelection(CTa bFolder.java:3028)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.onMouse(CTabFold er.java:1749)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder$1.handleEvent(CT abFolder.java:278)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Event Table.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.ja va:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents( Display.java:4169)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Di splay.java:3758)
at com.kw.telemetry.app.TelemetryAppWindow.open(Telem etryAppWindow.java:122)
at com.kw.telemetry.app.TelemetryAppWindow$1.run(Tele metryAppWindow.java:98)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runW ithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at com.kw.telemetry.app.TelemetryAppWindow.main(Telem etryAppWindow.java:94)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknow n Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Un known Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

I'm running on a Win 8.1 I5 desktop. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help out.

I'm new to the site and as soon as I can figure out how to upload a file, I'll post it as well.

Steve
Stevephoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

The app is running out of memory, try increasing the values in the TelemetryReader.VMOptions file to

-Xmx512m
-Xms128m
Old 08-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Kevin,

That helps some, but I can still get it to happen. One thing that I noticed while watching the program memory size in task manager is that the memory just keeps increasing. To me it looks like when I switch between two "Selected Model and Sessions" the previous memory used is not getting released. Bouncing between the tabs of graphs in one session only increases memory usage so far, then stops. But changing to the next Selected Model and Session and used memory starts going up again. Even when I load the next file, memory usage is only going up. It never seems to ever get released until you close the program.

Again, this is with a very large/long file with lots of vario data in it in version 3.1.

Steve

ps. Hopefully I'll post enough times here that I can finally start adding attachments...
Old 08-13-2014, 05:36 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll have to have a look at memory profiles, as that may be an unforeseen side effect of the way I implemented the Custom graphs and it not releasing references to data and retaining memory thats then orphaned.

I've currently got some fixes ready so I'll have a look at this as part of the same version.

However, My development machine is having problems at the moment due to a dying disk, so until I get that sorted out I'm not able to do much. Hopefully 'I'll get a new machine setup later this week and get the environment back up next week at which time I'll be able to look at it.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:37 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm new to this subject so please excuse the basic questions.

I fly the Blade 350 QX (Quad) with a DX6 radio bind w/DSMX. Today I activated the programming to write telemetry to the SD card. Now I have the file and opened it with this reader. The QX does not have a TM1000 so I was just expecting fades, frame losses, and holds. I'm not seeing fades in the data shown assuming that's normal as they are OK. I'm seeing large numbers of frame losses which I understand are not good but I'm guessing they were recorded at times when I had the QX powered off and the radio on. I'll put telemetry on a switch so I can turn it on and off when wanted. As far as holds I'm not seeing any which I'm interpreting as a good thing as they indicate a no-go.

If I'm thinking right then with this basic telemetry I only need to review it occasionally to verify the radio and QX are talking OK. It's unlikely I'll fly my QX more than 1000 feet distance from the radio so I should not get issues.

Also I'm assuming I just got the most current version of the reader but in the Help/About window it is blank for version.
4_Props is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'll have to have a look at memory profiles, as that may be an unforeseen side effect of the way I implemented the Custom graphs and it not releasing references to data and retaining memory thats then orphaned.

I've currently got some fixes ready so I'll have a look at this as part of the same version.

However, My development machine is having problems at the moment due to a dying disk, so until I get that sorted out I'm not able to do much. Hopefully 'I'll get a new machine setup later this week and get the environment back up next week at which time I'll be able to look at it.
Hi Kevin,

Your latest release (3.2) fixed the issues I was seeing. The program only grows to about 230 Mb of memory size with my large file and if I switch files it gets smaller... I am now using your default vmoptions file and there are no issues.

I am hoping for some more extended flying sessions this weekend if the weather holds out.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 09-09-2014, 05:09 AM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Great bit of Software

This is proving vey useful is it possible to see the GPS distance or is this info not sent to the SD card
Im using A spektrum DX9 with a TM 1000 and Spektrum GPS module the TX display shows "Heading(Bearing)" & "Distance" from the Take-off point can this be displayed also show actual GPS Track which I think is displayed ?
Great bit of software
huxs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in