Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedRaptor77 View Post
For HC3SX owners. You can program rescue as a flight mode on the momentary switch and use flat line curves on roll and elevator at 0%. Doing this ensures it always climbs straight up even if the cyclic is displaced.
I used to have 2 free mixes set up on my rescue switch which set the horizon gain to be -125% but I recently made this change as well and setup a flight mode instead of the mixes. The "rescue" flight mode has -125% horizon gain, throttle channel output is set to the same as in flight mode 2, and there are neutral constant curves on pitch/aileron/elevator/yaw.

Setup this way when rescue is activated all stick positions are effectively overridden to center/neutral so the heli won't "rescue" off to one direction as it can if you have a lot of cyclic input input when you hit rescue.

One important tip: make sure rescue mode isn't the first flight mode in your flight mode list-- make sure it's the #2 mode after throttle hold. If rescue is the first flight mode in your list and you hit "rescue" on the ground the throttle curve of the rescue flight mode will take priority and the heli will spool up (unless you have throttle cut activated.)

If you have a 3 position throttle hold switch (hold - autorotation bailout - fly) if you put the rescue mode after hold but before autorotation bailout in the flight mode list if you hit your rescue mode switch it will spool up the heli even in the autorotation bailout position. This could be useful if you really botch an auto, the rescue switch will not only level the heli but also spool the motor back up. However, keep that in mind if the heli is sitting on the ground with autorotation bailout hold active-- if you hit rescue the heli will spool back up!
Jeti DC-16
Kiba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Resolution

Is there a trick to improving the resolution when setting the centers (sub trim) and throws (end points)? I'm seeing 2.5 msec steps on centering and 5 msec steps on the end points. That is pretty poor.

Jim O
joddino is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have tried to find a good approach to setting up a capacity alarm. My requirements are

1) If I miss the first warning because of noise (people testing their nitro engines in the background, etc), I need more than one single warning
2) I want to be able to mute the alarm after landing so that Jetina does not nag endlessly about the capacity exceeded.

I did this by defining two alarms:
  • One when it's time to land (e.g. 2000 mAh) which does not repeat.
  • One at desired capacity + a little bit more (e.g. 2100 mAh). This is set up to repeat, and I have set throttle hold (OFF) as alarm activation

Thus I will usually only get one warning, and I manage to land before the second goes off. In case I miss the first alarm, the second will go off, and this will be repeated over and over again so that I can't miss it.

Even if the second alarm goes off, Jetina shuts up when I have landed and put transmitter in throttle hold.
Jotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used a separate switch for a throttle locking function but you could do it on hold.

Logic function P7--"or"--Throttle Hold switch

Menu>System>Sound Volume>Volume Control = Logic Switch.

Effect was volume is always full blast if the throttle (hold) is off, but can be muted by turning P7 when on. It automatically comes back full on even if I forget to turn the knob back up as soon as I unlock the throttle.

Last edited by BustedRaptor77; 05-20-2013 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: typo should have been "or"
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 12:59 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Vbar, ppm and latency

If you're really bothered about latency, this is what I did: setup for full vbar functionality (ie with gov and bank switching) with just 6 channels. I use throttle as Gov input, and gyro channel for bank switching.

Then I programmed the Rx for 6 channel output, and 16ms for safety aka 2ms x 6 + 3.8 rounded up.

If you know your setup well enough to manage the max output for the 6 channels, you can potentially shave a few more ms.

PRÔTOS 500 Brain HK-3026
PRÔTOS 500 StretchVbar HK-3026
rchelijc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 07-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flight mode help

Quote:
Originally Posted by lperagallo View Post
You can configure as many flight modes as you'd like. This can be a bit tricky the first time you do it. The most important thing to do is position each flight mode in the priority you want the system to inspect and set. When you start a new model the system establishes two flight modes by default.

Before I started I swapped the three position switch in sj with the two position switch from sd as my Throttle Hold switch.

To work with flight modes, First place the three position switch in the middle position.
  1. Hit Menu, Fine Tuning, Flight Modes
  2. You will see the default list of "Autorot. and Default"
  3. Hit Add
  4. The screen will then return to your new unlabelled flight mode
  5. Hit 3D to edit the flight mode. Enter a name "Normal"
  6. Next, scroll to Switch, hit 3D to enter the Select Input Control.
  7. Flip the sb switch UP, followed by Ok
  8. Hit Add
  9. The screen will then return to your new unlabelled flight mode
  10. Hit 3D to edit the flight mode. Enter a name "IDLE 1"
  11. Next, scroll to Switch, hit 3D to enter the Select Input Control.
  12. Flip the sb switch back to middle position, followed by Ok
  13. Hit Add
  14. The screen will then return to your new unlabelled flight mode
    Hit 3D to edit the flight mode. Enter a name "IDLE UP 2l"
  15. Next, scroll to Switch, hit 3D to enter the Select Input Control.
  16. Flip the sb switch DOWN, followed by Ok

After you do this sequence the list in the priority you want the system to apply the modes.

I suggest the following order:
  1. Autoroto.
  2. IDLE UP2
  3. IDLE UP 1
  4. NORMAL
  5. DEFAULT

Now go back to the to the main screen and flip switch sb. With the switch forward you should see NORMAL, middle position IDLE UP 1 and lower position IDLE UP 2 in the Flight Mode box. If they are not displaying correctly you will need to made sure you have the sb switch assigned to each flight mode in the correct position.

You should also assign switch sj to Autorot. so you have Throttle hold. Then when you position the sj switch down you should see Autorot in the flight mode display box.

Remember to go to the Function Curves menu and set your throttle curves and pitch curves for all flight modes. There will be another post on how to do this.

Lou
Lou/All

I established my flight modes per the instructions above and they work, ie I see the 4 different flight modes change on the home screen when activating flight mode switch/TH switch, and TH has priority over all other flight modes. My issue is how to now go in to the established flight modes and fine tune my pitch curve in the various flight modes. I managed to enter a screen that would allow changes to pitch throw but it appears that any change I make will affect all the pitch in all modes. Same applies for throttle curve when I get to the stage where I'm dialing in the governor head speeds.

Coming from JR, I guess I am used to going into pitch or throttle curves and having a individual screen to make changes in for each mode.

John
Gaui X5 Jive 100 Scorpion 910, Jeti DS-16
john2kx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

You need to change those curves from Global to Switched.

In the main function curve menu all the way on the right it will show either a G with a globe for Global or S for switched. Global means one curve for all flight modes, Switched means independent curves in all flight modes. My suggestion would be to set the Global curve to what you want and then change to Switched mode as it will copy the initial Global curve to all Switched modes, saves having to rebuild curve in every flight mode if they are very similar.
Jeti DC-16
Kiba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kiba

Thanks. I figured it out. This process of changing all the electronics in my heli at one time has just about kicked my a$$.

I'm at the point where the FBL unit (BD 3SX) is working, but without SL/CR activated. Don't plan on using these features until later on.

The DS16 is working fine. My next steps will involve programming to get the telemetry working. Nothing fancy, just going to use what is provided in Tx. I'm using a Mezon 130 and believe it will capture what I'm looking for (head speed, mah capacity, volts etc.)

Hopefully, I can get airborne this weekend. The heli is fly able now but I've got to hear a voice!!

Last edited by john2kx; 07-20-2013 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: Clarify
Old 07-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

About 6 more hours of pecking, reading manuals, watching YouTube vids, I've got some telemetry working and some of it needing further tweaking to get it to talk via switch activation. I did manage to get 4 flight modes that talk after switch activation. I do have 6 points of key data spread across two pages. So, I'm set to go if I want to check my screen for any data.

What I can't seem to get is making one switch start reading off my telemetry data.

Ran it up without blades and it purrs like it did before the equipment upgrades with useable live data. I can't wait to put this to use!!

Edit: A couple of more hours and I've got a good basic setup ready to test. Thanks all for the help.

Last edited by john2kx; 07-22-2013 at 09:10 PM..
Old 08-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

vBar Bank Switching

1) Set up a heli
2) In the Functions Assignment Menu, DELETE the function that's called "Gyro Sens." (If you try to use this function, it assumes you are using the Gyro Settings Menu, thus it takes away the option to use a Function Curve. Alternatively, just add a new function as in step 3), and assign the new function to Pin 6, removing Gyro Sens. from Pin 6).
3) In the Functions Assignment Menu, CREATE a new function call "Bank" (Assign to Pin 6 if required).
4) Go to the Function Curve Menu, scroll down to "Bank". Enter the "Bank" to adjust the curve.
5) Change the curve type to "Constant"
6) Back out one screen... change the "G" to an "S" behind "Bank"
7) Go back into the "Bank" curve adjust menu and now you can set a separate flat curve for each of your flight modes, and for throttle hold. This is nice... I prefer my highest gain bank settings in throttle hold, but before with the 8FG I couldn't seem to get them. Values should work out to -75%, -25%, 25%, and 75%.
8) Use the Servo Setup menu to adjust the subtrim and endpoints to get the signal for each of the 4 Banks in the sweet spot for vBar using the visual depiction in the vBar software.

Cheers!
Old 08-16-2013, 06:21 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
Another tip:

If you're using a Jeti MUI or Mezon on your heli for telemetry and want to set up a telemetry alarm on the TX for mah consumed you'll quickly notice that the rotary switch increments 1 mah at a time. For large packs that means you'll be spinning the rotary knob for a long time.

However, with the "mah" parameter in the telemetry & alarm menu highlighted and selected pressing the menu button will cycle the increments of the rotary knob between 1, 10, and 100 mah/hour per detent of the rotary knob. This will save quite a bit of time.
Awesome tip Kiba.

I just got finger burn from spinning the knob to reach 1800 mAh.....

..but now I know a better way!

Dale.

Last edited by rdalemercer; 08-16-2013 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: spelling
rdalemercer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2013, 02:37 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lperagallo View Post
You can configure as many flight modes as you'd like. This can be a bit tricky the first time you do it. The most important thing to do is position each flight mode in the priority you want the system to inspect and set. When you start a new model the system establishes two flight modes by default.

Before I started I swapped the three position switch in sj with the two position switch from sd as my Throttle Hold switch.

To work with flight modes, First place the three position switch in the middle position.
  1. Hit Menu, Fine Tuning, Flight Modes
  2. You will see the default list of "Autorot. and Default"
  3. Hit Add
  4. The screen will then return to your new unlabelled flight mode
  5. Hit 3D to edit the flight mode. Enter a name "Normal"
  6. Next, scroll to Switch, hit 3D to enter the Select Input Control.
  7. Flip the sb switch UP, followed by Ok
  8. Hit Add
  9. The screen will then return to your new unlabelled flight mode
  10. Hit 3D to edit the flight mode. Enter a name "IDLE 1"
  11. Next, scroll to Switch, hit 3D to enter the Select Input Control.
  12. Flip the sb switch back to middle position, followed by Ok
  13. Hit Add
  14. The screen will then return to your new unlabelled flight mode
    Hit 3D to edit the flight mode. Enter a name "IDLE UP 2l"
  15. Next, scroll to Switch, hit 3D to enter the Select Input Control.
  16. Flip the sb switch DOWN, followed by Ok
After you do this sequence the list in the priority you want the system to apply the modes.

I suggest the following order:
  1. Autoroto.
  2. IDLE UP2
  3. IDLE UP 1
  4. NORMAL
  5. DEFAULT
Now go back to the to the main screen and flip switch sb. With the switch forward you should see NORMAL, middle position IDLE UP 1 and lower position IDLE UP 2 in the Flight Mode box. If they are not displaying correctly you will need to made sure you have the sb switch assigned to each flight mode in the correct position.

You should also assign switch sj to Autorot. so you have Throttle hold. Then when you position the sj switch down you should see Autorot in the flight mode display box.

Remember to go to the Function Curves menu and set your throttle curves and pitch curves for all flight modes. There will be another post on how to do this.

Lou
Im doing this on a ds-16 and my 3 position flight mode switch is the sa. Problem is how come when I am setting up the switch assignment, the switch only recognizes 2 positions. SO I am only able to get normal and then idle 1,2 checked.

RIP Roman Pirozek Jr. 1/11/94 - 9/5/2013
johnjonfenomenon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've never been able to delete a Flight Mode. Any tips on this?

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default JETI Duplex Tips and Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosp View Post
I'm not near my radio, but I know I've deleted plenty....

From memory - Highlight the mode you want to delete then select the edit button. From there, delete should be an option (if I remember correctly?).
Old 09-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosp View Post
From page 68 of the manual if memory serves me well

7. Deleting a Flight Mode To delete a flight mode:
a) Highlight the desired flight mode and press the “F4 (Opt.)” button to see the options menu.
b) Scroll and select the “Delete flight mode” option and press the “F5 (OK)” button to make the final confirmation.
The initial flight mode is set as a default and can not be deleted.

Don't believe the memory part
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-09-12 at 6.27.43 PM.png
Views:	3107
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	450375  
Old 09-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tx FW 2.02 and Rx FW 3.12...

...is arriving to manage the new Central BOX 100/200 !!!!

The Central Box can be configured by a DC/DS transmitter via the
Device Explorer menu. It is necessary to follow these rules for
configuring the Central Box via transmitter:
- Receiver firmware version Duplex 3.12 and newer (with
setting Output mode->EX Bus)
- The receiver must be connected to the Central Box via EX bus
- Transmitter firmware version 2.02 and newer + the device
profile (CBOX100.bin or CBOX200.bin) recorded in the devices
directory on the SD card of the transmitter
gelatmi1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
got my jeti ds16 a week ago
and i am still discovering things and programming it
finally got the sound files onto the jeti Audio folder
got the gyros to trigger events
the freedom is super, not restrictions on preset stuff one gets in all other brands
I guess after 45 years into this hobby, wont be looking at any other radio on the websites.
its the ultimate system
And thanks for all the tricks and tip.
finally got the Flight Modes set up, thanks to this forum.
You guys are great.
The only dissapointment is the back light. it keeps flickering, or at times does not work.
gave the radio a few hits with my hand, and it got working a bit better.
wonder if its a loose connection.
Jeti wants me to sent it back to them for rectification
But that is impossible.
So to me it seems a loosse connecion, if it was software driven, it should not have come on when i tapped the radio with my hand.
Cheers guys, looking forward to some good stuff on tricks
Ramesh Tahlan
Ramesh Tahlan
rameshtahlan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2014, 03:12 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gyro settings in different modes

Hello!

Trying to connect three different gyro settings to three different flight modes (throttle curves) on same switch ( sa ).
I can flip between different flight modes ( normal, idle 1, idle 2) choosing different throttle curves but at the same time when I flip in mid position of " sa" switch I am not any more in "HEAD Hold" but in "rate" then I flip to idle 2 ( third switch position ) and it goes back to HH.
Any suggestion on this please?
Basically why does it goes to rate mode wonder I?
If I go to " fine tuning" / " gyro settings" I have 54; 52; 50 when I flip switch and it is not "G" but "S".

Something to do with "Servo Setup", Max positiv & negativ maybe?
HP72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2014, 05:36 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

It took a few days to figure that one for me as well. See if this helps: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=609767

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in