Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ZYXS...I've been away awhile and I'm lost...

OK, here's the background story......
I flew 450 sized helis on and off for several years including flybar types with various gyros including the Futaba 401 and the Logictech 2100T. Then for awhile I had a Skookum SK-720 and flew flybarless. Some major budgetary issues came up and I ended up baling out on the hobby for awhile and sold virtually everything except my airframe. Sometime last year I decided to try to get back into things but I no longer had a "Skookum budget" and opted to try a ZYXS. Due to some personal issues, my plans got derailed again and all my stuff ended up sitting until now. I'm only telling the background to let people know that I'm not some total newbie and that I do know my way around a heli and a heli radio.
That being said, I now find myself somewhat lost as far as the ZYXS and trying to get it installed and setup in my heli. I'm not even sure where to start. First of all, there is a lot of conflicting info out there. I have a DX6i and a AR6210 RX as well as a DSMX sat. Am I going to have to go with the full RX setup or is it possible to use just the sat? Some folks say yes it works and others say it doesn't.
Also I know there are videos out there but are there any definitive written instructions both on proper hookup and setup? What is the latest firmware version and what is the latest setup software version? I hated to start another thread but there just is so much info out there, I need someone to direct me to a good starting point.
Thanks,
Michael
Sky_Dancer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2014, 07:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too want to know how you upgrade an S2 without a set button? I'm stumped.

I used google images and found various pics with wiring diagrams for setup. Hope that helps a bit. The S2 able to run with just a Sat, but you need to bind the Sat using a full RX first.
primus95 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2014, 07:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here are two great videos that take you step by step...
HK-450GT Flybarless Conversion - pt 4 - Radio and Software Setup (43 min 53 sec)

HK-450GT Flybarless Conversion - pt 5 - Final Setup (33 min 22 sec)

You will find most everything you need here

I have also attached a pdf that is very helpful.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tarot ZYX Setup.pdf (1.12 MB, 650 views)
Walkera 4#3B, 4G6
Align 250SE, Gaui 200
Tarot 450PRO
Align 550L Dominator
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2014, 07:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've search and searched all the forums for how to update an S2 gyro, using Tarot FBL NZ software etc, and not having any luck. Mine binds fine etc, but my S2 says its on v1.0 of firmware. Whats the summary process to update an S2 which does not have a SET button? How do you actually get it to go into the mode for it to be flashed? thanks
Old 04-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont think there are any updates for the zyx-s2 yet.
I hope when there is one, it will have instructions.
jbilliter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2014, 11:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

#1 the FBL.net.nz software by John_NZ does not work with ZYX-S2. Use the original Tarot software for that one.
#2 Tarot seems to have moved away from the ZYX and is working on quad stuff, so don't hold your breath on a software update for the S2
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2014, 12:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks for the info everyone and sorry for hijacking the original thread.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Just need a tail servo now....

I appreciate the videos. Looks like that will help a lot. It's been a long road to get back into the hobby and get back in the air. I had everything gathered up but servos and I just was able to order some KST 215MG's for the cyclic. I still need a tail servo and will have to use something I've got lying around here for a couple of weeks until I can save my pennies for a better tail servo. Something tells me I'm going to need more help before things are all said and done because the ZYXS doesn't strike me as being near as intuitive and easy to setup as my Skookum was. Then again, it doesn't cost what a Skookum does.
Sky_Dancer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in