Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2006, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default G3 receiver issues

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:11 pm Post subject: G3 reciever issues Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Ok I am now a victim of the G3 reciever issue that I had posted a couple monthns back on RR, the one that started a huge argument.

Well I was flying my rappy 50 along with G3 rx on channel 46. I came out of a piro flip, and I noticed my tail kinda bobble, so I did a series of piroing pitch pumps, everything was ok, so I went for it. I flip it inverted, and bam lockout, heli goes to idle towards the ground. About 20 ft it I had power again, flipped i back over, lost it for a second or two, then landed it off the runway in some dirt. Nothing broke.

I noticed, a guy took off while I was flying, and in the back of my mind, I had a feeling it was the person that took off. So I cleaned it up, and walked over to the guy that took off, after he landed, and I asked him what channel are you on, he said 38 with a FUTABA radio. So I ask him to turn on his radio, and I turned on my heli/radio, walked about 30 feet away with my antenna part inserted and screwed in but not OUT, and lock out nothing. So then I go over to another guy with 38, but he has JR, so the same thing happened, but I walked about 100 ft, with the same antenna inserted but not out. And no it wasnt a full lock out, just VERY glitchy!

Can anyone try to replicate this? Has anyone else had this happen?

Representing:
AMain Hobbies, XNova Motors
Jason Bell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2006, 07:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

CAn any of the team FUTABA guys chime in here and attempt to duplicate this?

Representing:
Old 01-01-2007, 06:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This might get a bit more visibility in the Futaba 14mz/12z radio forum, would you mind me moving it there?

I fly G3 receivers and I only had one incident that was like a lockout, but it was traced down to a low battery.

I've flown at 10+ flys on the east coast this past season, no issues. I fly at my local club and near my house pretty regularly and haven't had any issues either. Back to the one time that I had a problem.... Swapped out my battery system for a regulated system (Duralite) and haven't had a problem since.

Not saying that your incident didn't happen, just posting my experiences. Have you replicated the problem again? Same environment or different? Could it be the flying area you were at? Chuckie had an issue with an intermittent glitch, turned out his gimbal pot was bad. He sent in his TX to Futaba to get it fixed. Trying to help trace it down.

Bringing people out of Radio Shack and into the hobby.

μολὼν λαβέ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ClayK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2007, 06:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I too have a LOT of flights on my G3's, ~ 400 flights.

I wonder if your TX needs service or something. I have seen one that had low RF output or something. The guy used my 14 with his card and flew his helis fine that he had lock out with his TX, and it was repaired by Futaba for free and works fine now.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

No G3 issues hereeven when mounted in Gasser with revolution based loaded ant.
Check your battery or regulator is you are using one. Low voltage is a killer when it comes to G3 speed.
Lithuim Ion Dual Pack For Radikal
Rodney is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2007, 07:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

sorry to hear you are having trouble but it sounds as if the trouble is in the tx. Wierd that another radio on cause you trouble. one thing for sure pcm's dont get glichy they work or they lock out if they get glichy you have a power problem somewhere. If it was mine i would just send it back to hobby services and get it all checked out. what by the way battery and switch are you using on your airborne and do you have any other models you have any trouble using this tx? I hope you find the reason for your problem I know how frustrating it can be somtimes Tom
terb0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2007, 09:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Fly all my models with the 12Z just bought it a couple months back 2 or 3. As for the heli with the issues, it flew fine today with that guy on 38 grounded, he was there but he wasnt flying. Fromeco battery regulator set up, with a JR switch. Flew fine today. It may be the field. Read my RR post and some one said the older raidos 9Z and other send out stuff on channles more than what they are supposed to, but the 12/14s dont. Ill get the link.

Representing:
Old 01-01-2007, 09:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh i posted it here cause it would get more attention on the main discussion forum.

Here the RR link.
http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t310282p1/

Representing:
Old 01-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I moved the topic here so that it would get better exposure. Good Luck with whatever you find. Let us all know.

Personally I haven't had any problems with my 12Z and G3. Even at IRCHA!!

TerryBelanger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Concerning transmitters... I'm very sorry to notice that they aren't checked when getting into a club... as I'm pretty sure they aren't as clean as they're supposed to be... especially when you've got someone popping up with a very old FF7 using cristals coming from an unknown location ...

Getting a frequency checker seems to be the solution as you can check that your transmitter is OK just as your channel before flying... such a check should compulsary in every club

That said it doesn't mean that you're heli is free from RF interference which might also a problem
Mikado Logo 600 3D
dogg5306 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Sounds like power problems to the receiver to me. Sounds just like it is going into battery failsafe.

You sure are campaigning for a recall on the 12z/14MZ. But yet there is 100;s of owners using the radios with no problems.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH
Sounds like power problems to the receiver to me. Sounds just like it is going into battery failsafe.

You sure are campaigning for a recall on the 12z/14MZ. But yet there is 100;s of owners using the radios with no problems.

David
The only problem I'm finding with my 14MZ is that the sticks are sooooo smooth that I'm over sticking compared to my old 9C

Morley F1 60 Max (OS 61LX-H), Hirobo SDX (OS 55HZ-H, GY701), Trex 450SE + some planks
MarkD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you see the guy on 38 again try the gound range test again . aI wiuld also get a scanner and check whats out there. What servos and what battery are you using. the glitchy thing just stinks of a power problem. you may even try another pack say a 4.8 with out the reg and a new switch to be sure. do you use this power setup on any of your other models with out any problem? if so swap'm out and see what happens Good luck Tom
terb0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I happen to fly channel 46 myself and I have a G3 on my Trex600 and on my Hirobo Lepton (which Hirobo says NOT to use). No issues at all.
I also had one on my Vibe 90.

However I noticed something on my radio last weekend. My antennma seemed looser than normal. I noticed the outside "sleave" would move in and out.... Look down int he hole you can see a TINY philips screw to one side. That was loose and I tightened it. I recall Bobby Smith (as i recall) having an issue and this was his problem too...

Just an idea.
Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2007, 10:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

My HF Map location

12Z antenna screws into the holder. It is not the same as the 14MZ.

The poster cried Wolf a couple of months ago. Till some people did some investigating to the story. They found out the people involved never claimed a problem with the radio. It was a problem somewhere else.

David
Old 01-03-2007, 01:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This seems to be a problem at the Chula Vista field. You are the second person to have this type of problem at that field. Makes me think being 100 yards from the messy high power RF environment of Mexico may be a problem.

I know more than a few guys who simply will not fly at that field due to RF problems.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I flew at Chula Vista with a G3 in my TRex600 and had no issues......

I think there are just too many variables to point at one specific thing but I agree Mexico probably has completely different RF laws than the FCC here in US.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Over the years I have seen many people have issues at that field. That is not to say that everyone does, but the fact remains that I feel that due to their location it is not unreasonable to suspect that they may be more prone to problems than many other locations.

I have tried to duplicate this problem using my 14MZ-G3 and 9303 radios and I cannot. This does not mean that it is not real, only that at least sitting here in south Orange County I cannot duplicate the problem.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Oh i posted it here cause it would get more attention on the main discussion forum.

That says it all to me. wolf, wolf, wolf, Same story different day.

David
Old 01-03-2007, 07:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I couldn't replicate the issue.

Evidence is pointing to the fact that the initial report was not accurately reported and that a proper RCA (root cause analysis) wasn't done.

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck....

Bringing people out of Radio Shack and into the hobby.

μολὼν λαβέ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ClayK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in