Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > RealFlight Flight Sim

RealFlight Flight Sim All versions of RealFlight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2004, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default G2 help

Can someone give me some suggestions for setup to make the helis fly in a more realistic manner? I am finding the helis to be much more difficult to fly on the sim than in real life. Basic hovers are near impossible with the sim for me and I am not sure where to start to make things better.
paramedic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2004, 11:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

A quick way to smooth them out a bit is to increase the size to 1.5-1.8.

Then lower the landing gear a few inches to make it sit right.

This will make it a lot better, and you can tweak from there.
Waller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2004, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

What heli do you fly in real life? Are you still useing the training gear or have you dumped it yet? What is the set up on your real heli? The more info you can give me the more I can help you get a G2 heli sorted out to fly like your own.
rcheliace is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2004, 11:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I fly a Venture 30 with training gear. 0 @ bottom, hover @ 3/4 stick about 5, and upper is 9 degrees. OS 32 engine.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Is it to sensitive? If so try flipping the dual rate switch down.

But for starter's your heli is not set up right you shod never have 0 on bottom try adding 3-4 on bottom and leave the 9. The more you want and fell like you are ready increase to -9 and +9 so when the time comes to flip it you feel the same thing inverted as in normal.
X-jason adamo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2004, 02:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have a venture on my site but it is a 60. I could easily edit it as a 30 for you if you like. Jason is rite about the pitch settings. -4 is the lowest I would go. That is what I have set for throttle hold for autos, but for normal flight the sooner you can get used to -9 0 +9 or even - & + 10 or 11 the better. Even if you think you will never go inverted you will be able to get your heli down quickly if you ever have a problem. Oh and by the way, I flew mostly scale and said I would never get into any 3D of any sort. I don't do any hard 3D but I do love cutting the grass now though.

Rob
Old 07-22-2004, 05:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

0,5,and 9 seem to be very typical setups for new pilots.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

It is ok when you are just learning to hover. The 0 at the botom will still give you a nice soft landing if you suddenly drop the stick. After you have the hovering down and move into FF I would change the 0 at the bottom to at least -4. When you get into FF 0 on the bottom will have you comming down way to slow. Your heli will float down like a feather on a calm day. Also for autos it's no good as you want some negative pitch to get the head speed up. If you are realy comfortable with the setting you can leave it as is for normal mode to hover. Then set idle 1 at -9 0 +9 for FF and idle 2 at -9 0 +9 or more for inverted. All modes being the same just keeps the heli from dipping or jumping when you throw the switch for idle 1 or 2. Go with what settings you feal comfortable with, in the end you are the one flying it. I now guys that are flying for yaers and use the before mentioned settings.

Rob
Old 08-19-2004, 10:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

As far as being able to hover on G2, you need small stick movements and you need to anticipate which way the heli is going to be going. your stick is constantly in motion, just dont over compensate your movements otherwise you will get farther and farther away.
Hamm128 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in