Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Powering my FPV system

Im using the fatshark predetors and my camera is the wdr600 and the tx is the immersion 5.8 100mw.

It's on a 14.8/ 4s fw550

The wdr600 Camers is 12v 300mah system
The immersion according to hobby wireless where I bought this system says to run on a 7.4 lipo not the 11.1 due to heating up.

I was going to get a castle pro bec for 12v for the camera and a smaller castle bec for 7.4 for the rx.

I have a 3s 800mah lipo I was going to run everything on but sounds like I should use the BEC's to be on the safe side any one running a fpv setup like this that can give me some pointers thanks
gso125 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

hmm,

So lets get this sorted out.

1. You use 4S flight batteries
2. Your 5.8Ghz transmission system uses 5V
3. Your WDR600 camera uses 12V.

I would use a 3S FPV battery to directly power the camera and an ESC BEC line to power the Transmitter. This means all your FPV gear is powered by 1 battery that isn't the flight battery. I prefer this setup as opposed to stepping down the voltage from your 4S and having everything run off 1.

ps: My camera and transmitter are both 12V, and i run them directly off a 3S 1300mAh battery. no problems thus far!
AdamM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

So lets get this sorted out.

1. You use 4S flight batteries

-yes 4s

2. Your 5.8Ghz transmission system uses 5V

- its the immersion 5.8 100mw it says it runs off a 11.1 3s lipo but because of heat they recommend 2s 7.4 lipo.

3. Your WDR600 camera uses 12V.

Yes , they recommend 12v 300mah regulated power.

I don't want to burn any of this stuff up,, so you think running it all on s seperate 3s battery it should be fine. Thanks
gso125 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in