Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50 > Titan X50

Titan X50 Thunder Tiger Titan X50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default started my build

12 years ago, when i first got into this hobby i had a raptor 30. It was my first heli i was able to hover, and i started some forward flight with it. It was all analog servos, mechanical gyro, only one flight mode with no negative pitch. Pretty stone age compared to today's standards. At that time i dreamed of a raptor 50, all blinged out (which ruled the sky back in '01). But my piloting skills, and pocket book, wasn't ready for it yet.

Fast forward to today, i am a much better pilot. I have had a few different helis since then. Most of which were built with budget minded components. I feel i have worked hard and i deserve an awesome heli now. I wanted this build to be my dream heli.

I wanted a 50 size nitro ship. Personally I prefer nitro to electric. But, I also knew i wouldn't be able to afford a 90 size ship the way i wanted. I wanted FBL. And i wanted it to be light and fast. Since i am already a fan of Thunder Tiger, the X50 really stood out for me.

I spent quite a bit on all my electronics leading up to this. Everything is brand new, and still in the box.
I went with the Ikon for my controller. I had thought Vbar, but the unit is kind big, and i wanst going to use most the features anyway. The Ikon supposedly has one of the best feels in the air, and it has a nitro gov function. that and its significantly cheaper than the vbar. I felt like i would just be paying for a name with the vbar, so ikon it is.
I got JR DS8917HV for the cyclics. Insanely fast, which should give me a nice locked in feel. I also wanted the plastic bodies to cut down on weight.
MKS HBL980 on the tail. HV as well, and super reliable. I use MKS for all my tails. I did get the aluminum body, but i want my tail as solid as i can get it.
MKS HBL665 for the throttle. Not as fast as i would like, but i wanted HV brushless. The tail and throttle move so much i wanted brush-less on those two channels. And i went with the plastic body again, to save on weight.

I had bought a used OS 50 with an MP5 pipe. I rebuilt the motor and polished up the pipe, so its pretty much a new motor. I will probably get a new pipe soon, cuz the scratches on the used one are driving me crazy.

I also got a gens ace 2s 3500ma receiver battery and a new push glo
And im gonna get some radix blades and a cool canopy once i get a few flight in her.

In every heli review i have read, there is always that picture. The one of the kit, with all the components used for the build. Nice and shiny, new in the box. I was always envious of the guys doing the review. I wanted to have all new stuff like that one day. Well that day has arrived. And i took the picture to prove it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1399.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	579.8 KB
ID:	445471  
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

congrads, I been a thunder tiger fan for a while as well. raptor 30 was my learner, I longed for a to, ran into a great deal on the titan in the classifieds,i flew it stock for 65 flights until the first crash now my old titan has very fast digital servos at 220oz torque, im using the beastx on it and outrage head, I love my old outdated and not liked by most heli. but like u I wanted that new x50 and couldn't afford it, I kept shopping on the classifieds I found a stacked x50 for 700 shipped with a 9303 radio last month.
It consist of 8717 cyclic and throttle, 8900g tail servo, gy701 gyro, its been converted to torque tube, it has all metal head, tt .53 redline, this bird is stacked with all the goodies even gryphon auto booster, which is a remote glow actuated by a switch on th tx. the first flight was amazing and it flies like no other heli I have piloted
just wanted to post and say congratulations as well
Brandon
Old 09-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Welcome to the X50 family. I am pretty sure you will be happy with it. It's one fine piece of machine.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: started my build

I just maidened my X50f and I am very pleased. The kit quality was great and the instructions were well written even though the English was off a but. I went with an AR7200BX and the setup was very simple. I still have to tune the motor but it was rock solid. Went with the Redline 56h and Savox servos.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in