Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 04:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GT5.2 users available?

Hi,

I was wondering are there gt5.2 users out there?

If so, do you 5.2 users have some expiriences to share?
I am very interested to hear something from the 5.2 software, if possible compared to Gt 5.0 or 5.1.

MANY thanks in advance.

P.s.
I contacted a GT5 owner who claimed that his GT5 was upgraded to GT5.2 by thunder tiger service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Based on this contact:
I still am keeping the faith that i am able to upgrade my GT5 to 5.2 if it is worth doing so (from functional and economical point of view).
SRXer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2013, 01:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi

TT Service updated my gt5 to gt5.2 beta software too.
it will be definitly updgradeable.

GT5.2 supports various types of sum signal now. It autoetects the correct rx type you selected. (as long as you got your TX/rx setup correctly, like SUMD16 for Graupner).
Nonetheless you can adjust / map your rx type / channels later.
Setting up is quite easy now.
set swash + tail gain to 100 using your tx. take care: gain from TX is not P as other fbl systems do.

setup: servo frequency, mid position 1500/960/720 or something µs,
swash type (90/120/140 etc), zero pitch (middle servo position, maybe a bit subtrim), Cp min, cp max, cyclic range 8° (like seen in beastx), max cyclic positions, set your tail end positions, set all gyro directions and servo travel directions. "servospeed", as seen in gt5.0/5.1, has gone

you still can adjust the values P I D feed forward, i lim, dma cycl. dma cp, etc. But they have been renamed for more being more understandable.
for example
P = stability
I = constancy
etc.

after doing a 2 min setup flight on my x50e i got my tail P setup + dma correctly.
Other values haven't been adjusted. Flies very good

Nice feature: you can trim your fbl using your tx, save trim positions in the gt5

the system flies very locked, with a natural direct feeling although its optimated for 3d experience and does not the perfect hoover stability (i can say.. let it hoover for about 20-30 secs without a stick input) The rollrates are very great.. very constant.. never seen such thing.

I was told, that the new 5.2 Hardware has a vibration-insensitive sensor with gyro+acceleration sensors. This "might" give the ability to use stuff like self leveling later (if they decide to make another update... The dev told me, that there isnt much memory left on the gt5.2, but they will try)

i'll wait for the gt5.2 and replace my beastx's then..
almigurt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2013, 01:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice...thanks for the info.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2013, 05:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing I like better about Microbeast is how you set pos/neg pitch by moving the rudder stick until the blades reach the desired pitch on the gauge, press the button and bam! store it then move to the neg, side, press the button and bam save it.

They didn't do the same with cyclic pitch though you have to make sure the blue light comes on when giving full cyclic movement then bam your done.

I like how the tail gyro still works over all like the single axis tail gyros with an adjustable TX gyro gain with rate and HH mode.
Thats very small issue though. You get those things set on either gyro and you tend to leave them alone.

If the Microbeast had the screen I believe it would be a better performing gyro all in all.

Maybe its just my Analog Hitec 65's that don't do as well as digital. They are soft and spongy around center stick but still get it done. Sometimes it just doest come out of flips into a stable hover as smooth as I think it should..

I may give the GT 5.2 a try though. I'd like to try the MSH Brain as well, it just seems like some still have some issues with those.

The Microbeast is bad as hell on my Trex 550 I'm very happy with it.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

does anyone have a link to the set up of the gt5.2
as the instructions in my new raptor e550fbl are totaly useless on setting up the unit
i can't beleave how bad tt have now got in the manuals for the heli
electricsceadu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2014, 04:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsceadu View Post
as the instructions in my new raptor e550fbl are totaly useless on setting up the unit
A bit complicated, but stick with it. You'll get it right.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/ttr/ttre0027-0028-manual.pdf

use the defaults, then get your servo directions setup

use Gary's setup for the rest ie P/I menu...

http://downloads.hobbico.com/misc/tt...ary-wright.pdf
Polartip is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I found a Youtube of the 5.2 setup process. Its in German but at the bottom of the vid English scrolls across where you can read and understand it.
She doesn't start setup until 3 minutes into the vid. Maybe it will help. This is a 5.2 gyro and hardware with a 5.1 case.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Just got the same Heli and it's a good job that I've used this gyro before because the manual is a joke, with barely enough information on how to set it up. However the new menu in the GT5.2 has been much simplified compared to the earlier version and you can find the manual (eventually) on the TT website, but you will not believe how deeply such an important document is concealed. Very strange.

As an aside I know that the DS0606n has a 760 pulse width but does anyone know the max frame rate for this servo cos I can't find it anywhere on t'internet and I'm sure that it's more than the 166 stated in the setup chart.
evolusia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 05:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thunder tiger Europe says the DS0606n is 333hz
Old 02-27-2014, 04:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
Thunder tiger Europe says the DS0606n is 333hz
Thanks for that Bud, but why do you have to go to TT direct to find this information. It's an important piece of data and you would think that you could find it on their website or it would be printed on the data sheet. Same goes for the GT5 manual which could be much clearer with the connection drawings. Some detailed info on what effect changing each parameter has when fine tuning for maximum performance would be useful as well.
evolusia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in