Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default which three servos?

I have three ALIGN DS415M I took out of my 250 all have a little slop and a new one has more. that would not make much of a difference on the 300x. but they can also croak with no warning. but it is a no cost upgrade. I have mg 5065's on the 250 with a spare on the 250 and they are lighter then the aligns and work well. but about 28.00 each. or the TGY-306G-HV, they are only 23.00 each (can't find the servo arms for them) but add a bit of weight.
Fooferdoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Airetic

I went with the TGY 211 and TGY 212 set. They weigh 16g and cost $18 each. I'll let you know how they perform soon.

Of the choices you listed, I would go with the TGY 306s. It all depends what you want from the heli. All out performance? Lightest possible? Most reliable? Cheapest?

It is all a series of compromises. Maybe you should make a chart with each servo option vs each category. Score each servo in each category and then you will see what servo is best for what your priorities are.

Last edited by KiloXray; 09-27-2013 at 11:02 AM..
KiloXray is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
HF Support

If you do decide to go with the TGY 306Gs have a look at my post from a few weeks ago when I installed them. I like the servos and think they look and perform well, but installing them in the 300X is a little tricky. So I'd only recommend them if you're comfortable using a Dremel tool and understand that they must be spaced off differently than the stock servos.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=158

Something to note is that they are basically the same as the KST DS215MG servos, so if you can find horns or gears for them, those should work as interchangeable replacements. I've been looking around myself to find some reputable sources.

For gears, HeliDirect seems to be the best option.

http://www.helidirect.com/kst-gear-s...vo-p-30663.hdx

For the arms, I'm a little dissapointed that HeliDirect doesn't seem to carry them...they have the servos and gears but not the arms...what the #%$*! But I digress. I did manage to find these two sites that list them, but I'm not sure how reputable they are. The U.S. one (Aloft) is out of stock as I write this.

http://www.alofthobbies.com/kst-servo-arm-set.html

http://rcforever.pl/product-eng-1733...5-145-215.html

I'm no expert on all the servos out there and the sizes of the splines. I wonder if these aren't some kind of standard size for which other arms will fit. I think I tried the horns from my Align servos and they didn't fit. I remember someone saying that the gears are very similar to the MKS servos, so that might work too. I have an MKS on the tail of my 450X so I'll hunt down the spare horns for it and see if they fit on the TGY 306Gs.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post

For the arms, I'm a little dissapointed that HeliDirect doesn't seem to carry them...they have the servos and gears but not the arms...what the #%$*! But I digress. I did manage to find these two sites that list them, but I'm not sure how reputable they are. The U.S. one (Aloft) is out of stock as I write this.

http://www.alofthobbies.com/kst-servo-arm-set.html

http://rcforever.pl/product-eng-1733...5-145-215.html
Alofthobbies is top notch. Wayne is great to deal with. Met the guy once when he lived close to me but now moved up north
nartac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nartac View Post
Alofthobbies is top notch. Wayne is great to deal with. Met the guy once when he lived close to me but now moved up north
I was looking at their site and reading the "about" page. It's taking me back because that's how I got started in RC too...with the "Wanderer" sailplane in SoCal. I made acquaintance with a few Waynes, so I wonder if I haven't actually met him a long time ago. Anyways thanks for the heads up about the site/company.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

me I want reliability and easy install no use hacking the frame. I know the 5065 works well and I doubt I would notice the difference in flight I mean the 5065 work well in my 250 and that's far more demanding then the 300x.
whats the high end metal turnigy servo for the tail?
Old 09-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooferdoggie View Post
me I want reliability and easy install no use hacking the frame. I know the 5065 works well and I doubt I would notice the difference in flight I mean the 5065 work well in my 250 and that's far more demanding then the 300x.
whats the high end metal turnigy servo for the tail?
I'm no expert in all that HobbyKing has to offer. I really dislike that site and spend as little time there as possible. I just took a gamble this time because I was being cheap and wanted a little interchangability since I had put the KST versions on the 450X.

But I've heard of people using that same TGY 306G-HV on the tail as well. At 7.2V it's the same speed as the Align DS425M at 6V which is 0.05 sec/60 deg, but that's with close to 3 times the torque. At 6.0V it's only a little slower at 0.06 sec and still more than twice the torque. Of course that's assuming you have an ESC/BEC that can output said voltages. I actually bought 4 planning to put one on the tail and decided to stick with the Align until I was sure the cyclics were good. I may do that this weekend and see how it goes.

Last edited by Nelsonisms; 09-27-2013 at 02:19 PM..
Old 09-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I know hobbyking is not a place I visit often. but if I can get a higher end tail servo for less I may go that way. I can't afford a ds95i like I have on my 250.
I have a talon 35 esc I think it only goes to 5.5v.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Airetic

Remember when I mentioned making a chart? Here is the one I made to help me decide which Servos to get, and how I landed on the TGY211/212. The only category that I had to make a judgement call on was "durability. That is subjective and I tried to base that off what I have read.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&usp=sharing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in