Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2016, 12:59 PM   #541 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
I believe the cycle count increments on the bump after a charge of 10% or more of the pack capacity, and the counter on the battery is then updated the next time you bump it.

But then it doesn't matter how long you wait, you can bump it after the charge, after the next flight, or just next time you charge it.
Correct - the next time the battery is bumped (for any reason), the charge counter will get incremented by the appropriate amount. Normally, that would only be incremented by 1, however if you are using the Battery Cache feature, it's possible to select that specific battery from the cache (without actually bumping the battery) and therefore it could have accumulated several charge cycles since the last time it was bumped (up to 255 are cached), but the Bump deals with keeping the count accurate.
RevoKelly is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2016, 01:06 PM   #542 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dude View Post
The MPA board requires XH mode and will not work in FMA wiring mode.

http://www.revolectrix.com/cellpro_adapters.htm
Hey buddy.

Ah thanks, didn't know that. Was under the impression from over hearing others conversations it was FMA it required.

Ian
Coolice is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2016, 01:36 PM   #543 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolice View Post
Hey buddy.

Ah thanks, didn't know that. Was under the impression from over hearing others conversations it was FMA it required.

Ian
No problem, there's a little bit of history. When the PL8 was first released it only had FMA wiring mode and required FMA adapters. Not only did FMA wiring mode use JST-PA connectors it was a different wiring scheme.

Several years after the PL8 was released XH wiring mode was added through a firmware change. The MPA board the Single Port SPA was added to product line to support XH wiring mode.

As a result, you need to use the correct wiring mode in the charger's settings based on the balance board you're using.
Ace Dude is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2016, 03:42 PM   #544 (permalink)
Registered Users

In the app, running two BC what's the easiest way to tell which charger is which? Any way to give them a customizable ID?
Old 04-28-2016, 05:10 PM   #545 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSyd3D View Post
In the app, running two BC what's the easiest way to tell which charger is which? Any way to give them a customizable ID?
Not currently, but there's a feature in the backlog that would let you name each Bump Controller and the app would display that name instead of the Bluetooth address in the scan.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:49 PM   #546 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
Not currently, but there's a feature in the backlog that would let you name each Bump Controller and the app would display that name instead of the Bluetooth address in the scan.
Ok cool, backlog meaning your "to do list" or is that something on the BC I can access?
Old 04-29-2016, 01:10 AM   #547 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSyd3D View Post
Ok cool, backlog meaning your "to do list" or is that something on the BC I can access?
"Backlog" is developer speak for "stuff I haven't gotten to yet because my body refuses to function without sleep."
Old 04-29-2016, 02:58 AM   #548 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got my Bump Controller back from Revolectrix after sending it in with the interference issue.
It is the same unit but clearly something has been modified on the inside:
Tested it with both PL8 chargers doing an analyze cycle on a 6s 1200mAh pack each which is charge, full discharge and full charge. After this I put them in storage charge.
Flawless result and I did not even have ferrite chokes in place.
Fingers crossed it keeps working this way on the field.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:57 AM   #549 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemp View Post
"Backlog" is developer speak for "stuff I haven't gotten to yet because my body refuses to function without sleep."
Ah. Yea, I'm not a developer but I have a ton of backlog
Old 05-02-2016, 04:17 AM   #550 (permalink)
Registered Users

Went flying yesterday with the Bump Setup: did 9 full charges on 12s 5000mAh packs at 2.5C charge rate. Not a single error.
I did have 2 occasions however where the charger in the 2nd tab showed over 100% capacity (!) charged while charging longer than 30minutes. Normally these charges finish in around 20min. The shown cell voltages are correct, I checked this separately. After disconnecting and reconnecting again the charge finished quickly. Strange.
Attached a screenshot of the 2nd occasion where I just waited until the process finished on its own (which is way too slow).

Edit: now I think of it, maybe I forgot to press "x2" since I do parallel charging of two 6s packs. When I divide that 6882mAh by 2 it is the value I would suspect for each 6s pack.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160501_173339.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	650244  
Old 05-02-2016, 02:08 PM   #551 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dekker View Post
Went flying yesterday with the Bump Setup: did 9 full charges on 12s 5000mAh packs at 2.5C charge rate. Not a single error.
I did have 2 occasions however where the charger in the 2nd tab showed over 100% capacity (!) charged while charging longer than 30minutes. Normally these charges finish in around 20min. The shown cell voltages are correct, I checked this separately. After disconnecting and reconnecting again the charge finished quickly. Strange.
Attached a screenshot of the 2nd occasion where I just waited until the process finished on its own (which is way too slow).

Edit: now I think of it, maybe I forgot to press "x2" since I do parallel charging of two 6s packs. When I divide that 6882mAh by 2 it is the value I would suspect for each 6s pack.
Yep, that's what I was just going to ask ... looked like you paralleled the packs and actually put in about 68% ... I've done the same thing before
Old 05-05-2016, 08:31 PM   #552 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just finished my case today. Only had the decks. Added the USB and voltmeter on my own. Threw some lights in underneath and put on some serious air moving fans that sound like a jet lol.
Has to add a ferrite ring to the comm cable of the BC after it was installed. Didn't order the jig (didn't see it on the site at the time) but carefully marked the holes and everything came out great.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:48 PM   #553 (permalink)
Registered Users

My setup in action in the back of my car.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1462510040227.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	650878
Old 05-07-2016, 11:22 AM   #554 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bump Controller App 2.15 and Firmware 1.54

Just posted new Android app and firmware - here are the changes:

V 2.15 (Bump FW 1.54) (May 7, 2016)
* FEATURE: Ringer Alert for oper complete
* FEATURE: Prompt to start upgrade instead of auto
* FEATURE: Automatic BT reconnect (5 sec)
* FEATURE: Detailed BT connection state tracking (for troubleshooting)
* FEATURE: BT connect timeout setting
* BUGFIX: BT stuck in WAIT_FOR_APP or SVC
* BUGFIX: Upgrade firmware box shows wrong version
* BUGFIX: BT fails to auto reconnect after firmware upgrade

Bump F/W 1.54
* FEATURE: BT connect state messages
Old 05-07-2016, 11:52 AM   #555 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet!
Old 05-07-2016, 01:40 PM   #556 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome, thank you. We need a thanks button.

Ian
Coolice is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2016, 07:05 PM   #557 (permalink)
Registered Users

can anyone help me here?

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=743952
Old 05-10-2016, 03:13 PM   #558 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just received my new Bump Controller yesterday and I have to say I am really impressed. It is like the perfect companion for a Powerlab 8 or 6. Super easy to use and setup.

My biggest surprise after programming the bump tags for my other batteries. Was when I went and grabbed my Revo batteries with bump tags already on them. Their bump tags were already pre-programmed

Gaui X4 II-Spirit RS | Gaui X7-Spirit RS | Gaui R5 V2-DEMON AXON | Soxos Strike 7.1-Spirit GTR
JETI DS-14 | JETI DS-16 Gen2
iscripter is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2016, 09:49 AM   #559 (permalink)
Registered Users

Enjoying my bump setup right now. I do not know if it is intentional but when I charge 2 packs in parallel
the BC shows double the capacity during charge. So when charging two 5000mAh packs the total charged capacity is about 8000mAh. I would like it to show 4000, is this possible?
I always select x2 by the way.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:39 AM   #560 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dekker View Post
Enjoying my bump setup right now. I do not know if it is intentional but when I charge 2 packs in parallel
the BC shows double the capacity during charge. So when charging two 5000mAh packs the total charged capacity is about 8000mAh. I would like it to show 4000, is this possible?
I always select x2 by the way.
It is an intentional design decision because the Bump is designed to charge packs of different capacities, C-ratings, etc. - not just multiple of a single battery type. The PowerLab itself will only handle multiple packs of the same time, so displaying the values "pre-divided" makes a little more sense, but that doesn't work for more complex parallel charge use-cases, thus why we show the totals values.

We could potentially add the option to show "pre-divided" values for simple parallel charges (i.e., only 1 battery type), but not sure I really like the idea of showing values 2 different ways based on the type of charge ... would seem pretty confusing. That's also why we added the % values to capacity added/removed - because that's typically what you're really interested in anyway - of the total capacity, what percent did the charge put back in .... am I staying within my target of say 75% capacity from a flight.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in